BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
No Moa

No Moa

Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire Empty
PostSubject: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I took off out of the driveway last night, had a bit of a stumble, then a pop (backfire) from what sounded like the drivers side. It goes away when it warms up. But the car seems sluggish, more so than my 95.
He just changed the plugs, no opti though. I'm wondering if i've got a bad wire. But doesn't explain y it does it when its cold only.

On another note, this has a PCM tune from PCM for less, and it shifts WICKED hard. Can i retune this to shift easier? I can't believe he drove it this way for years, because it hurts my neck on a good hard pull into 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
justinlamb82

justinlamb82

PostSubject: Re: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm

No Moa wrote:
I took off out of the driveway last night, had a bit of a stumble, then a pop (backfire) from what sounded like the drivers side. It goes away when it warms up. But the car seems sluggish, more so than my 95.
He just changed the plugs, no opti though. I'm wondering if i've got a bad wire. But doesn't explain y it does it when its cold only.

On another note, this has a PCM tune from PCM for less, and it shifts WICKED hard. Can i retune this to shift easier? I can't believe he drove it this way for years, because it hurts my neck on a good hard pull into 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks

Same problem here, but doesn't stop when warmed up scratch
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

If it's missing when cold then that would lead me to think it's related to being in open loop mode. That would make me think it's an issue with the maf, iat, or some other intake related sensor. I may be way off but it's where I'd start looking.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:34 pm

I've had bad plug wires cause problems according to how warmed up the car is...so actually it could be that too I suppose...
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 pm

It's really weird, I'm not sure what's going on. I'll check those things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire   Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold engine stumble, with drivers little backfire
Page 1 of 1