BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Empty
PostSubject: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:08 pm

PPM sent me my stealth brake bolt and revised metering rod yesterday.

As you all may or may not know the factory Proportioning Brake Valve in 9C1s and Impalas was designed for drum bakes in the rear. It was not changed or altered from the factory for rear discs.

The stealth bolt and metering rod from PPM corrects the two problems associated with this factory setup. The stealth bolt itself changes the brake pressure from est. 95% front/5% rear to 65% front/35% rear. The metering rod alters the time delay, as the drum brakes need more time to activate, the front discs are delayed. This corrects that by having both fron and rear systems work at the same time.

A great many people say you just install, and forget it. WRONG! You have to bleed the system after the install to not only get the full potential of this mod, but also to get the air out. Infact, as sooon as my wife gets home, I am going to spend some quality time I promised her yesterday... You know. Hey Honey, pump, pump, pump, hold. Now repeat.

Bill Crovo's write up on the matter.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=151985&highlight=stealth+bolt+brake+mod

PPMs link. http://powerperformancemotorsports.com/product.sc?categoryId=19&productId=1762

Remove factory bolt using a 3/4 wrench and a backer on the combi valve.
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod005
Remove plunger and spring from behind old bolt
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod007
Install new bolt and you are half way done.
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod006
Should look like this when done.
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod003
The metering rod is located at the back, and is tricky to get out. Just make sure wrench is on correctly or you could strip the bolt, making it harder to remove
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod009
You can see the difference in how they are shaped.
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod010
Two parts replace four
Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Stealthboltbrakemod011
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Infact, as sooon as my wife gets home, I am going to spend some quality time I promised her yesterday... You know. Hey Honey, pump, pump, pump. Now repeat.

dont these kind of posts belong in the cabaret? Razz

j/k...Very Happy
ill have to compare mine with what yours looks like.
i bought a proportioning valve with these already installed.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Almost looks like you used some of my pics! Smile

I haven't done the metering rod yet...

Wait til you take it for a ride. The difference is AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySat May 16, 2009 3:39 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:

You know. Hey Honey, pump, pump, pump, hold. Now repeat.

You are talking about your brakes, right Billy? lol!
Edit- I just noticed Anthony beat me to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

8bud wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

You know. Hey Honey, pump, pump, pump, hold. Now repeat.

You are talking about your brakes, right Billy? lol!
Edit- I just noticed Anthony beat me to it.
Just remember Kids. If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at others. afro flower geek santa cheers Basketball Very Happy Laughing scratch
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod EmptySun May 17, 2009 10:54 am

Billy mac, I was just thinking of stealth brake bolt mod. I have the the bolts, but so many projects it's not even funny. This will give me the boost I need but that means moving it up on the priority list. And yes , my lovely assistant will be helping, for real
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod   Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Stealth brake bolt and metering rod..... Mod
Page 1 of 1