BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

suggestions for obd2 tuner program????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? Empty
PostSubject: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:45 pm

whats the best tuner programmer for pcm tuning an obd2 system? wanna be able to turn off air pump, 2nd o2 sensors, other emissions stuff. and general problem solving.

would like affordable, but willing to spend more for quality.
please any suggestions????
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Can you "legally" program out the emissions stuff on a '96?
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 pm

probably not but i dont care im doing it anyway. all i want is for the pcm to read as if its functioning properly, if i tune the pcm will it show on the inspection screen that its been turned off?
i dont have any knowledge on pcm tuning at all so its new to me.
i know i can run simulators in the o2 sensors to make it look like its running clean, but i've never removed an air pump or put headers on an lt1.

if i pull all that stuff off with the engine still run without a tune???
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 pm

your engine will run but you will have a constantly lit SES light, a GM dealer ship should be able to tune out the AIR pump if you ask the to you have to pay a half hour labor charge, I remember jegs was selling some sort of tuning soft ware that was good for the LT1 but I don't remember the name off hand, you best and cheapest bet would be to send it off for a tune, PCM performance is very good and the guy there has tuned alot of B-bodies and people on this fourms PCMs I don't know what it's like where you are but here in the Vampire state just about every shop will fail you for the visual inspections if you remove the AIR equipment, there are headers availible that let you retain the AIR system I would go that route and get a custum tune to deactivate it but leave it in and no one can give you hard time. That's probably the route I will be going in the spring cash permitting
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 pm

LandMaster wrote:
your engine will run but you will have a constantly lit SES light, a GM dealer ship should be able to tune out the AIR pump if you ask the to you have to pay a half hour labor charge, I remember jegs was selling some sort of tuning soft ware that was good for the LT1 but I don't remember the name off hand, you best and cheapest bet would be to send it off for a tune, PCM performance is very good and the guy there has tuned alot of B-bodies and people on this fourms PCMs I don't know what it's like where you are but here in the Vampire state just about every shop will fail you for the visual inspections if you remove the AIR equipment, there are headers availible that let you retain the AIR system I would go that route and get a custum tune to deactivate it but leave it in and no one can give you hard time. That's probably the route I will be going in the spring cash permitting

thanks buddy! Here in MA (where i am) they dont even open the hood of the car or really look under it, but if they see a CHECK ENGINE light it will automatically fail, do you know if the light comes on because the pcm reads the pump is unplugged or because the 02 would read dirty?
I have seen the headers with the air bungs for stock replacement, I also havent seen them for under $500 bucks.
when i pull the motor and clean it down for paint i guess i'll keep all the stuff incase it doesnt run. headers are not a MUST for me but would definitely make things look nicer under the hood.
I have some good ideas for the engine bay, and some of them require as little as possible under there. im also torn on the a/c... it currently is a working system (compressor works and no leaks) but i really never use it, and it would eliminate sooo much stuff.

Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I believe if the pump is unplugged it will throw a code for it if the system hasnt been deleted from the PCM. Someone over on the big board actaully converted his car to work with an early PCM I don't know how or what that entails. I forgot who makes them I think Tri-Y makes a set of headers for the B-bodies that lets you retain the AIR plumbing I havent seen a cheap set of headers with the emissions goodies. I don't beleive an O2 code gets thrown with out the AIR pump mostly cuz these cars passed emmisions without them. Just the the "sticker" that on the impala SS superstore the say "this emissions system has been deleted for blah blah blah" So bang for the buck horsepower (as long as it isn't your daily you maybe out a car for about 2 weeks if you do this) Get your headers yank the AIR pump get the sticker and a tune to remove the system and optimize the performance so you get the best power with your headers. I agree that haeders really clean up a motor bay the stock manifold are hideous. But longtubes give you actaul horsepower so be ready to fab up some hookup pipes, atleast I believ that's whateveryone else had to do I still have stock manifolds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for obd2 tuner program????   suggestions for obd2 tuner program???? Empty

Back to top Go down

suggestions for obd2 tuner program????
Page 1 of 1