BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Update on the new Cadirat v.2

Go down 
+18
LandMaster
onehunglo
Matt Trakker
laidlow91
LiveFreeorDieTryin
sdstick
boojum
mean ss
1984twodoor
bowtiepimp
bammax
96slowss
M.ROSS
Tomz9C1
GasTT
No Moa
MASShole9C1
toomanytoyz
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 Empty
PostSubject: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:55 pm

So I finally had some time to work on it for a couple hours today... It's a LOT cleaner underneath than I was expecting! I mean, it's no southern car, it's just a little scaly, but very solid. Floors, rockers, frame, everything. Too cool.

So I started by taking off the driver's exhaust manifold. Took it and the cat off in one piece. Took the water pump and opti off next. Came apart pretty easy. But man, I really had to use my rubber mallet to get that water pump off!!!! I hadn't had to do that before!

Anyways, I think I might have found the opti problem...
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection008

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection002

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection005

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection009

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection011

Yeah, you saw that right. Bare ends of the plug wires just pushed into the opti. 2 of the ports were broken on it, too! Inside, it didn't look too bad though. And it still had the stock plugs in it at 169k! Oofah.

And wouldn't you know it, my whizzer wheel accidentally went through the air pump tubing and then that stuff all fell out. Oh well. Guess I won't be putting that back. Wink

I also noticed some disconcerting things on the passenger's side. Apparently that side got RED HOT and melted all kinds of stuff over there. It melted the alternator plug to the alternator, so I had to break it to get it off. Also melted the wiring harness that goes down behind the alternator for the PS, AC, coolant tank sensor, and whatever else is in there. Looks like the wire loom took the worst of that and the wiring looks ok. Gonna try it anyways. Also melted the vacuum lines that run past the alternator. Shit got HOT over there! The valvecover is all burnt up the side too from where the gaskets blew out so it could breathe. Yikes!

So here's a weird thing... When I separated the passenger cat from the manifold and tipped it over, a whole bunch of gold/silver sandy stuff came out of it. I'd never seen that before... Hope it's not metal from inside the engine! Here's a couple shots of the dust on the floor...
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CatSprinkles1

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CatSprinkles2

Very odd. Any ideas what that stuff is? I don't see any in the exhaust ports... *shrug?*

Thanks to Billy Mac, I have a good distributor to put together and throw back in it. My spare broke all 4 bolts when I tried to take it apart. He send me all but a cap and rotor, which I have from Accell. Thanks Billy! I will probably do that tomorrow. Alson with new Autolite platinums and a set of Summit F wires. I also need to finish reinstalling the passenger manifold. Haven't started on the driver's side yet. Then I need to decide on what to do with the cats. Hollow out my old ones? Or try a spare set I have? Both look to have the stock o2's in them, one set has 150K and the other has 169K. I have a used pair with like 5K on them, but who knows if I'll be able to get them out???

Anyways, making progress. Will go back in the garage tomorrow if I have time. Smile

And go figure... I'm already 100 bucks into my "free" fix that I had all the parts for. Oofah. I had cats and wires and cap and rotor kit... Plugs and gaskets are expensive now! Coolant too! Oye! And I grabbed a new thermostat. And I will need to replace the water pump too, cuz this one's bearing is toast. Guess nothing is free, eh? Wink

Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Maybe all those flakes were evidence of the cats getting so hot, they started to fail and collapse inside. it could be the cooled metals from the catalyst as a result of that. i hope the valves and all that are still ok silent
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Do a compression check, but I'm betting it's the cats crap When it got hot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Damn them wires were a mess! I have a set of some taylors I will let go cheap. Just missing 1 wire.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 pm

WAIT! Did I miss s-thin? Cadirat v2? I'll be back in a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Holy shnikey! That looks like shit! Still looks like fun though.

I also had an air pump accident on the 9c1. Could not find it while putting everything back together. So I grabed one of those get out of jail free stickers and installed it on my upper radiator mount. All is well now.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Updated. "94 Fleetwood Medium Garnet Red Metallic with purple guts." Got it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Try to stay with us Tom. study That is what you get for being on the left coast. Razz

Edit: Just noticed the #1 wire used for a coil wire. scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi Tom!!!! So what'd you miss? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:17 am

One of those 02s.I beleive the drivers side. Which ever side is easiest to change Suspect LOL has less than a couple of thousand miles on it.
I have a spare good used waterpump shipping might be cost prohibitive.
Back to top Go down
96slowss

96slowss

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:15 pm

damn!! looks like ur in need of some brake clean and a opti. i have my old opti if ur looking 2 save some money.. theres nothin wrong with it
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Billy Mac stopped by this afternoon and got a bit more done. Smile We got the manifolds on, the opti swapped (pieced together a good one and put my accell cap and rotor on it), a NEW water pump on, and new plugs and wires. Ended up firing it up open manifolds with no MAF and it ran awesome. We just ran out of day to continue. So if I can find time tomorrow or tuesday, hopefully I can get the cats on it and then fill it up with coolant and put the rest of the front of the motor stuff on and TAKE IT FOR A RIDE!!!!! Very Happy

Thanks for the help, Billy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm

No problem.
I saw this on my way to Bill's
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 SSPX0225
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Tomz9C1 wrote:
Try to stay with us Tom. study That is what you get for being on the left coast. Razz

Edit: Just noticed the #1 wire used for a coil wire. scratch

Like fur surrre man! OMG It's like 71 degrees man! afro
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Caddy FAIL! Sad

So Al stopped by tonight and we got it all back together and all the fluids topped off. Never thought I'd ever reinstall a home plate and first base and stock airbox ever again, but I was fresh out of PVC, SLHAI's, and hockey pucks. Wink Got the new-to-me cats on and all that (thanks again, Mark). Fired it up and the driver's manifold is leaking somewhere and the passenger manifold seems to be cracked. Sad Dammit! But it ran good... until the power steering pumped itself dry and all over the floor. D'oh! Pressure lined is blown right where it bolts to the crossmember and the return line appears to be melted. Drat. So we didn't run it more than 15-20 seconds, but it seemed to run good. So now I am on the lookout for a power steering line pair... Plan is to fix the power steering and drive it around with the exhaust leaks and see if it's worth putting headers and such on. Wink

But on a brighter note, Chris showed up and started in on cleaning up the interior. Wow. He does some great work! That is cleaning up REAL nice. The carpet looks brand new again! Can't wait to spend some time in there when he finishes it!

So stay tuned. I will not be defeated!
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 am

We have faith in you. I'm sure when it's done it'll be the car everyone drools over. Just remember that every day you are one step further along then the day before.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 am

Ill look around, see what I have for ps lines bill.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 pm

So I made some more progress last night. I didn't get to start on it til after 9pm, so I only worked on it for a couple hours...

But I did manage to get the old power steering line off. It was a bit of a battle because the abs box/controller is right on top of the steering box. So you can't just chop the line off and use a socket so it doesn't strip. I managed to break it loose but the line was stuck to the fitting and I couldn't get any cutting tools in there! But I finally got in there with the dremel most of the way through and rocked it back and forth til it snapped off. Getting the old line out was tricky, but it's out. Then I pulled a new return line through too. That's where I quit. Man, I was covered from fingertips to armpit in nasty black grease. I haven't been THAT messy in a long time! Razz

Tonight, hopefully I can get into the garage and finish it off and take it for a ride! (starting to sound like a broken record Wink)
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm

this thing isnt in bad shape at all, the body is great and the guts really arent bad for being 15 years old. its gonna run the balls when your done.... and look it too!

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:25 am

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!

Well, a small victory, anyways. Wink I managed to get it all back together and take it for my first ride tonight! The check engine light only came on once, too! Well, that and the low oil light. Wink But it was a successful round trip! Smile Woot!!!!

I tell you what, I'd rather swap an engine on these things than change those power steering lines again. What a pain in the balls! and the cooked alternator was only putting out 11 volts, so I swapped it with a spare and spliced in a new (used) plug for it off a harness I had laying around. Still need to change the oil and swap out the snows on steelies in the back for the stockers with all seasons.

But back to the drive... It sputtered a bit and hesitated under full throttle. That's when the check engine light came on. Who knows what kind of carbon buildup is on the heads and valves at this point... And the gas is probly 9 months old. too. so I'll fill it with premium next time I drive it to try and bump up the octane a bit and see what happens.

It also leaks tranny fluid at the cooler lines. And might have a cracked tank in the radiator. And I think the primary cooling fan is toast. And the passenger seat switch has a mind of its own. And the trunk pulldown motor is fubared. And the power antenna doesn't go up all the way. but that's ok, cuz it doesn't go down all the way either sometimes. And it still has exhaust leaks in the manifoldal/cat area. And...

But it RUNS AND DRIVES! Drives nice, too! Man, I missed seeing the caddy hood ornament when driving at night! And it's so quiet inside... Drives like a boat! LOL! I think she's gonna be a nice driver. I may just leave this one alone and drive it as it is... Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Sea foam it!
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:03 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
I may just leave this one alone and drive it as it is... Wink

sure you will afro
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

i think you just set yourself up
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:38 am

Gesus what do you want for the price you paid a cadillac?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 am

mean ss wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

sure you will afro

GasTT wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

i think you just set yourself up

Yeah, I know. alien

No Moa wrote:
Gesus what do you want for the price you paid a cadillac?

Hey, I'm not complaining at all! I was really excited last night. I was just fillin ya all in on what's going on is all... Smile
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 10:11 am

Lol I know.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:50 pm

So I think I figured out the WOT hesitation/surge... I was thinking about it and came up that it felt like i wasn't getting fuel. The tank showed a 1/4 full, but I took it to the gas station right near my house to fill it with premium and it took - 22.5 gallons!!!! Well, that's your problem right there, sir. 22.5 gallons into a 21 gallon tank means you're out of gas, shithead. LOL. Smile So yeah, yet another GM gas gauge not to trust! I hammered down coming out of the lot and murdered that right rear!...until the traction control kicked on. So I guess that still works. Smile

It does need a radiator. It's leaking at the top of the tank to core seam on the driver's side. anyone got a good spare? I need a primary cooling fan, too. Figures, I got rid of both my spares this year to other guys! Shit! Surprised That's why I never sell anything. lol It needs a heater blower motor too. That thing sounds (and feels!) like a freight train running through the interior. I should see if it just has crap stock in the fan blades and basket.

Steve stopped by with my nubbies and to pick up some parts he had here a little while ago. Thanks, Steve! Now I gotta swap the tires over, too. Smile

Ok. Back out to the yard to clean it and stuff...

Woot!
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 pm

If you just need the fan motor Advance has them, under $30 the last time I got one.

I got a radiator from autoparts123.com not too long ago. I just did a search by the part number and they were the cheapest. Try coupon code "HALLOWEEN" for 10% off if you go with them.

And if you really miss working on dirty cars feel free to stop by. The Corsica needs a head gasket. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Chugging along again today. Got the tires changed out and ran it through the car wash. Looks much better with matching wheels!
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection018

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection020

Then Bella wanted to check it out. She kept saying "coooooooool." Smile
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection021

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection022

I went around and tightened up the manifold bolts again. Also decided to get rid of the baseball field. I found the leak in the coolant tank, too. It was a small crack in the tank. So I cleaned it, sanded it, brake cleaned it and then 5 minute plastic epoxied it! Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection029

We'll see how that works out. I needed a radiator anyway, so no loss if it doesn't work. Smile

And I had a 45 and a 90 pvc elbow, so I lopped off half the 90 and made a sewer pipe. Also found my hole saws. I like swiss cheese. Smile
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection025

I tried the yankee candle trick, cuz I didn't have a hockey puck. Good thing I went to get one. The lid popped out on the way back from the store. Wink
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection033

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection031

And Chris stopped by and finished the interior. Looks frikken AWESOME!!! I'm amazed. Smile
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection035

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrection034

He also wetsanded and buffed half the trunk. Wow. No pics of that though. I can't wait for him to finish that! Thanks Chris!!!!

So that's it for now. Might be taking it on a little road trip tonight. Hee hee...

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Wow that's great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Might be taking it on a little road trip tonight. Hee hee...
Oh boy!

Coming along nice Bill. Arrow

Get that stainless polished soon. Wink

Bella looks right at home in the caddy.

EDIT: I got a chance to see this car tonight. You know, "Secret Society" quarterly meeting stuff. Anyways, the before and after are night and day.

Looking good Mr C. cheers

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks guys! Smile I really can't wait to get the outside done! Chris might kill me, but I think I am going to hit it with some Mother's cleaner wax today just so I can drive it for the week without a bag over my head. Wink Need to hit that stainless with some steel wool and chrome polish, too. (I think I just heard Chris cringe... lol)

Yeah, I forgot that I also changed out the cooling fan yesterday, too. It figures, I've had two complete primary and secondary fan sets for like 5 years, and this year I got rid of both primary ones to a couple of you guys and now I needed it! Doh! That's why I never get rid of anything. lol. But luckily, for some reason, one of my secondary fans had the smaller motor on it, so I just swapped the good motor over to my primary bracket. Sweet.

Also did a quick TB service. I'll have to remember to NOT use that toothbrush again! lol!

The ride went good last night. I think we put about 80 miles on it. The "patch" on the radiator tank is bubbling, but hasn't let go yet after the trip, so that needs attention still. Al said he had some SEM plastic repair stuff I could try. So if that doesn't work, then I'll do a radiator... But the car drives killer. Nice and smooth and straight and floaty. Smile Only a slight tire vibration. I'm amazed. Gotta get used to that slow steering box again. It's 4 and half turns, lock to lock! Wow! It makes the highway drive feel weird because corrections are so delayed. Gotta go back to the old school "ticklin' the wheel" when driving this one. Smile Al noticed it on the ride back, too. So it's not just me.

Plans? Maybe I can hit 13's for under a grand? I think headers and exhaust. Then maybe 4.10's and a posi and a s10 or vette converter. That'll get me close. And nubbies with caps, rings, and whitewalls and I think I'll call it done. Might throw a set of 1.6 roller rockers on it that I have kicking around, too. With a set of drag radials, I may be knockin' on the door. But this'll just be a cruiser, that'll see some straight line racin... I'm not gonna autocross it. I think. We'll see... Wink

Besides, I'll have the wagon when I want to go fast. Wink (When have you ever heard ANYONE say that???? lol!)

I love this thing. I'm gonna keep it forever. afro
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Sounds like a nice ride. Try some JB weld on that radiator. I used it to fix a coolant leak once. Worked great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm gonna keep it forever. afro
Whatever. Dibs on it when you put it up for sale. Wink
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:14 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm gonna keep it forever. afro
Whatever. Dibs on it when you put it up for sale. Wink

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:54 pm

LOLz. Smile

So I spent a little time today on the outside, jut to make it presentable. Hit it by hand with some 3M swirl/oxidation remover. There's a lot of real estate to hand rub on that car! Here's a few shots before I cleaned up the stainless...
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail001

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail002

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail003

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail004

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail005

And then here are the same shots, albeit crappier quality (damn flash messing things up!), after an hour with the chrome polish and steel wool...
Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail006

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail007

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail008

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail009

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionQuickDetail010

It doesn't look anywhere near perfect, but at least the haze is gone (for the most part) and it's got a little bit of a shine to it... I still can't wait for Chris to attack it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LiveFreeorDieTryin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Satin Black
Gloss Black Flames
Some Bright Colored Steelies & Povery Caps
Wide Whites
Tint
Done.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:11 am

LiveFreeorDieTryin wrote:
Satin Black
Gloss Black Flames
Wide Whites
Tint
Done.

Not completely outside the realm of possibilities. Wink But I really like the red. And I'm not 100% sure that I want to kill the resale value on it just yet... Wink

Either way, it's getting it's new shoes this week. And maybe some tint in the near future. But not sure on that yet. This is going to be the low buck/no buck mod car. Wink
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:27 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
LiveFreeorDieTryin wrote:
Satin Black
Gloss Black Flames
Wide Whites
Tint
Done.

Not completely outside the realm of possibilities. Wink But I really like the red. And I'm not 100% sure that I want to kill the resale value on it just yet... Wink

Either way, it's getting it's new shoes this week. And maybe some tint in the near future. But not sure on that yet. This is going to be the low buck/no buck mod car. Wink

Everyone knows your MO now Laughing
Red does look good & messing with the body should come 2nd this time of year.
When your sitting in a noreaster & the snow buries the car in 30seconds youll be better off with no exhaust leaks etc
Your almost thru the motor, you'll get to the electronics,
suspension is quick & easy, then, if you decide to you hit the body.....not that your going to touch it or anything Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 pm

NICE... Cool
cars cleaning up pretty good.

ive always been 50/50 on the fleetwoods.
they look great from some angles, and not so much from others.
cant figure out what it is that does it. scratch
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Speaking of steelies, not sure if it helps or not but there are a bunch of 2wd vans at Hollands. Im not sure if theyre all 5 or 6 lug though.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm

That's coming along real nice- I wouldn't repaint it, that paint would look perfect with a nice detail, it looks good already! The color is awesome.

My white car's paint looks like chalk! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

yup the paint is gonna come back awesome....... whooo whoo i cant wait......
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Nubbies!

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 Nubbies

Thanks to Steve's generosity, I had 3 15x6's and one 15x7... DOH! Smile Luckily, my spare was a 15x7, so it's not a total fail. LOL! Very Happy

Ordered my moon caps and trim rings yesterday. If the wheels end up looking as good dry as they did wet though, I may skip the trim rings. We'll see. Wink
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:21 am

Where did u get the caps?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Nubbies!

Thanks to Steve's generosity, I had 3 15x6's and one 15x7... DOH! Smile

WTF? Surprised
Sorry, I was in such a hurray pulling & swapping I never even checked or noticed

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:32 am

sdstick wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Nubbies!

WTF? Surprised
Sorry, I was in such a hurray pulling & swapping I never even checked or noticed

You are so into the secret society now
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 am

sdstick wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Nubbies!

WTF? Surprised

LOL! Very Happy

No problem. Luckily, my spare matched the odd one out. So I'll have two 6's up front and two 7's out back. Staggered, yo! Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:57 pm

So Chris and I spent the entire day on the car today. Well, Chris did anyways... I was mostly in the way. Wink I hit the deep scratches with some touch up paint. And he wetsanded it. Compounded it with the buffer. Jim stopped by to avoid working on his stuff at some point and hung around a bit, but I couldn't convince him to try wetsanding. Wink Then we did some more wetsanding. Some more compounding. And some more. Then some compounding with a lighter something. Then he buffed the stainless. And even hit the taillights, came out good! Then we took it to the spray wash and cleaned it all off, creases, door jambs, trunk jamb, the works. And then back to the garage for another round of some polishing with the buffer. Then a hand applied Meguire's NXT and OMG.

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionChrisDetail001

Update on the new Cadirat v.2 CadiratResurrectionChrisDetail008

Wow. Just... Wow.

Daylight pics to come.

Thanks so much, Chris! I cannot believe this is the same car. It is absolutely gorgeous. I am blown away. Wow. I can't tell you how many times today I heard "Man, this is a HUGE effin car!" Wink And it is. A TON of work went into it today. He really knows what he's doing with that buffer!

Wow.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Friggin' BLING BLING! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the new Cadirat v.2   Update on the new Cadirat v.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on the new Cadirat v.2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next