BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Today at 11:11 am by sdstick

» For all B-bodies
Today at 10:59 am by sdstick

» 95 9C1
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 am by No Moa

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

» CraigsList car finder
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey Guys! Yup, some of you know, and some don't, and most don't care either way, but I painted the caddy!!!!!!! Well not "I" specifically, I actually "have a guy" for that. Wink (Thanks Billy!)

Here's some reference pics of what we had to deal with:


















So now that we have a couple before shots, let's get into the "during" shots. Now keep in mind, I was prepared to just shoot over what was there, but Al and Billy talked me out of it. Wink So we decided to take the DA to it and see what happened. Luckily, the quarters were just all old bondo, so we just sanded that off and put some new bondo on there. And by "we," I mean "Billy." lol. We did the same thing for the rocker rot, too.









The rot around the cornering lights was a different story. Billy stuk his finger right through one of them. oops! He had to weld some metal in there. We were more careful (and hackish) on the other side.















And then a ton of masking...












Cont'd...



_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:17 pm

At this point, I gotta say, Billy was really bustin his ass on this for me, and I really, truly appreciate it. He's a great guy and he really did a great job and far exceeded my expectations on what I wanted out of the job... Smile He showed up at 8am on Saturday and didn't leave til just after 7pm! Then he came back SAME TIME Sunday, all the way from Dover, so we could try to finish masking it off and get it sprayed and put back together for the MacMulkin show. Had it not been so humid, we would have accomplished that. All thanks to him. Smile

Anyways... After it was masked, we sprayed it. Right as it started to sprinkle... (I STILL can't believe that phucker fit in my garage!)






Hmmm.... Not too many pics of that. Must have been the fumes or something. Wink Then we waited a bit, and it wouldn't dry. So we went to the show. I ended up taking the Marshmallow instead. Oh well...

BUT! It was worth the wait! After the show, a bunch of us headed back to my house with dreams of tearing off the tape... Damn. Still tacky! So we waited another hour and I decided to try it anyways. So I started untaping the front fender and then I turned around and everybody was untaping the rest of the car! lol! Guess it's comin' off!!!! Very Happy Thanks for the help with that, guys. Smile

Everybody decided to leave while I was fighting with that damn skirt for about a half hour. I musta been cursing too much or something... But today I did manage to get the bolts on one of the mounts loose and adjusted it up a bit and then the skirt went on just fine. I was really worried, but it worked out!

So here it is... What you've been waiting for... Pics!




















Man, that thing just looks totally bitchin! I LOVE it!!!! Thank you so much to all that helped, especially you, Billy. Thanks a ton, really. Thanks to Timmy for helping me finish the masking in the morning before the show, and the rest of you badasses for helping me de-mask it and giving me shit along the way. Smile It looks great and I couldn't be happier.

I plan on doing a 1/4" light orange pinstripe to separate the colors and will have that done wednesday night. I think I am also going to get some traditional "Von Dutch" style pinstriping done on the hood, trunk, and c pillars.

All that's left is to weld up the frame and I should be good to go! I can't wait to go drive around in this tank!!! I may take it to work tomorrow anyways... Smile Actually, eff it. I am taking it to the damn grocery store TONIGHT! As soon as I finish typing this up. Smile

Now, the real question is... Leave the top as it is, all cool and rockin' the "patina" or buff that shit out and make that Laquer glow? Smile To help in your decision, I am going to keep running the Caddy hubcaps (have correct rims for rear so I can put the caps on there) and will have full length chrome, corvette style side pipes, too. Will also make the front tires into a wide white with a grinder to match the rears. Then it's done. Well... Tint, and THEN it's done. Well... TINT, and STEREO and it's done. I think. Probably. Maybe. Should I lower it...?

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 pm

I think a dark blue stripe separating the two colors would look real good. I also think we should take a buffer and a wool pad to that blue.

It looks pretty good!! I'm feeling the rear wheel/tire combo.

I don't know how thick that white paint is but I think it would shine right up with a little wet sand and buff.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4472
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Holy freakin s**t that looks good!
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 34
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:35 pm

I like the look of the rear wheel better than the front. But that's just cause it looks more like an old hotrod.
Back to top Go down
No Moa



Posts : 3863
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 44
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 pm

U really need flame throwers in the tailpipes, that would look so awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
BoSStonsSS



Posts : 770
Join date : 2009-01-22
Age : 29
Location : BOSTON,MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 pm

CAPITAL B-A-D-A-S-S!

love the colors now throw some 26's on dat bish...jk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver



Posts : 130
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 40
Location : New Hampster

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm

The paint really looks good on that car!!

The White and blue is a great look.

I agree with the dark blue. But I can also understand the orange.

It's going to be quite the cruiser when it's done.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Like it, that white paint cleaned it up!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Looks tight! White hides all. Cool

What kind of paint did you use? I can't believe how nice that came out, I may have to consult Billy about my rot hole in the quarter on the Caprice!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 am

And I'd say it'd look sick lowered...saw this one at the Road Agents show a few years ago



Back to top Go down
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 am

Dont give Bill any paint ideas!
Back to top Go down
Fishah



Posts : 1118
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 am

Heck yeah Crovo that car is Bitchen! Needs a nice set of shoes but that thing rocks man. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 am

I think either stock hubcaps or no hub caps, and paint the wheels white with chrome lug nuts, and blue hubs. And give the blue some luster and buff it out. cheers
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Yeah, not bad for 8 bucks worth of paint! Very Happy

I painted the rims gloss black this afternoon and hope to drill and tap them for the 9c1 caps and spinners and get them on there tonight with the chrome lugs after Bella goes to bed tonight. Smile No trim rings. I don't think they will work on this car, appearance wise. Maybe I'll try grinding the front sidewalls too, if I have time...

Now I'm thinking black pinstripe to tie in the rims. Ugh. But I ordered the orange so I will try it first. I already have the black stripes. Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Pooge



Posts : 1697
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm

It's looking good man! I likey!

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Little update: Got my pinstriping today, and it looks pretty close to the color I wanted. Hopefully I can get it on tomorrow afternoon before I head over to Al's shop. Smile

I started drilling the wheels for the 9c1 caps today and MAN! What a pain in the ass! There's a round "bump" on each wheel where the holes have to go, between the lugs, so it's quite a challenge to get the drill to stay centered on my punch mark. Ugh. I got one wheel drilled and 2 and a half holes tapped. Tapping those holes is a total pain in the balls for some reason. I think my best bet is to actually take the wheels off the car to do it. Wink It's just tough to get the tap to keep biting more than a 1/4 turn and the metal is actually fairly thin there, so that isn't helping things... I'll get it done tomorrow night though while Bobby is welding the frame.

Gonna make my wide whites tomorrow night, too. Got the correct discs for my 4" grinder and DA yesterday. Smile

Side pipes came in today, too!!!!

(hee hee!)

Any idea on how to get the hood, trunk, and roof to oxidize to match the fenders and sides? 2000 grit wet sand?


_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

dude, the buffer is your friend.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:06 pm

GasTT wrote:
dude, the buffer is your friend.

Nope. Not on this car. Not ever. Smile

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:07 pm

If you sand it it's going to look.... sanded.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 pm

GasTT wrote:
If you sand it it's going to look.... sanded.

I know. That's what I'm afraid of too. But the 2000 grit wouldn't leave marks and would just take the sheen out of it. I talked to two paint guys, and they both suggested it... I dunno. I'm gonna try it in an inconspicuous spot (like the one in the middle of the fin that Chris shined up for me Wink) and see what happens.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Maybe wipe the thing down with rubbing alcohol. It would really dry the paint out and perhaps speed up oxidation?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

GasTT wrote:
Maybe wipe the thing down with rubbing alcohol. It would really dry the paint out and perhaps speed up oxidation?

I also considered brake clean. Smile

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Ya that too. Both should take off any oils or anything like that and leave the surface dull. Arrow
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:51 am

Here's a little teaser...



More to come tomorrow.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 34
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 am

Lookin good so far
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Yes I know it's dirty. No, I don't know if I'll ever wash it again. Wink





Situation report?
Brakes - Check
Frame - Half Check
Bodywork - Check(ish)
Paint - Check
Rims painted - Check
Spinners - Check
Wide Rallye Trim Rings - Check
Wide Whites (homemade) - Check
Side pipes - Next Week
Tunes - Ordered
Love - Feelin' it

I love this friggin POS. Smile

Thanks for the comments, guys. Very Happy

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 pm

"F'n" Classy Wink
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 pm

I was kinda biting my tongue on the first set of pics.
Love- wasnt feelin it silent
Now that I see the white is white & that pinstripe really makes the 2 tone pop.
Now I see what you were seeing all along. cheers
I didnt doubt you, just reserved judgement Razz

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:12 pm

sdstick wrote:
I was kinda biting my tongue on the first set of pics.
Love- wasnt feelin it silent
Now that I see the white is white & that pinstripe really makes the 2 tone pop.
Now I see what you were seeing all along. cheers
I didnt doubt you, just reserved judgement Razz
My first thought was, "You want me to do what?" confused
Back to top Go down
jvette65



Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 am

need some closeups on those wide whites. how long did it take with the grinder?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:31 am

I don't have close ups right now, but they took about 20 minutes per tire. I couldn't find a method that wasn't TOO aggressive though! The 4 1/2" grinder with 40 grit and 50 grit was too much. The die grinder with a 36 cookie wasn't aggressive enough... But we made it happen. Wink They lookk good from 5 feet, but you can see scuffs in them up close. But that's expected for what they are. Nothing that Wesley's won't clean up.

Oh... And my driver's front tire was flat this morning. Ugh. Hopefully it's just a nail or something. Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Phew!



Just a screw in the tire! Plugged it. Ya.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:09 pm

what happen to just driving it for the summer? you got a f'n show car now...... let's go bag you a trophy for the
classiest p.o.s.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm

I AM just driving it... Wink

What car show? lol.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:52 pm

There's a car show in Brockton at DeSantis Chevrolet Sunday September 26th rain or shine! Another ECCC event I might go they have classes for all cars. Cool
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm

jvette65 wrote:
need some closeups on those wide whites. how long did it take with the grinder?

Here are those pics. Smile





It took me and Al about 20 minutes a tire. He was better with the grinder, I kept digging into the sidewall too much. But he had "the touch" so he roughed it in with the 4.5" electric grinder and I cleaned it up with the die grinder. Smile

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
jvette65



Posts : 111
Join date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 am

The wide whites look great. And good job on the car. I like it a lot, and happy you were successful in bringing this one back. Here’s my 66 Caddy back in 1974-1979, called the Big Cadoo. Bought it for $500 during /after the gas crisis from a Chrysler dealer. Needed some minor work, ran it for a few years, in which time it was totaled twice, bought it back from the Ins. Co. and fixed it each time. Then frame rot set in. I had the frame rails welded up with angle iron, fixed the body, and painted it original color in lacquer, and drove it a couple more years. Fun machine, with a very rugged drive train. With the 429/360hp I remember going through a lot of rear tires !!



Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am

Do the spinners fit in the back too?
Youll have to explain that whitwall process to me sometime
When you say digging into the sidewall it makes me nervous.
Looks REALLY good

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa



Posts : 3863
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 44
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 am

Those spinners attached to 9c1 caps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

I started drilling the wheels for the 9c1 caps today and MAN! What a pain in the ass! There's a round "bump" on each wheel where the holes have to go, between the lugs, so it's quite a challenge to get the drill to stay centered on my punch mark. Ugh. I got one wheel drilled and 2 and a half holes tapped. Tapping those holes is a total pain in the balls for some reason. I think my best bet is to actually take the wheels off the car to do it. Wink It's just tough to get the tap to keep biting more than a 1/4 turn and the metal is actually fairly thin there, so that isn't helping things...

If your not closely following EVERY step Crovo makes your never going to make it into the secret society
Unless your already in.....in which case......never mind Razz

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa



Posts : 3863
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 44
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am

Pffft, who can read? I don't qualify for secret anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:31 pm

LOL. Smile Steve, you didn't get your SSS eVite? Wink

And yes, good eye, Glen. Those ARE 9C1 caps. The ones I got from you, actually! Thanks! Very Happy

And no, with the 9C1 caps, the spinners stuck out too far for the skirts. Woulda chopped them up like a madman with a ginsu knife. I don't think they're necessary back there anyways. Smile

Thanks guys. I diggit. Very Happy

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink


Last edited by toomanytoyz on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
96slowss



Posts : 854
Join date : 2010-06-09
Age : 28
Location : Halifax,MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm

sick pinstripe looks sick man.. time to drop it
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 pm

sdstick wrote:
Do the spinners fit in the back too?
Youll have to explain that whitwall process to me sometime
When you say digging into the sidewall it makes me nervous.
Looks REALLY good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkcm3rh60p0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omEAPGnTXws&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNyfIREZH90&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWTa2tAYIc&feature=related

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)   Today at 11:57 am

Back to top Go down
 
That Cadirat gets a makeover... Because I am just gonna drive it and not do anything to it... ;)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Update on the new Cadirat v.2
» Dynasty makeover
» Complete vitrine makeover
» Thunder 1A (earliest circuit type) rebuild
» I found another Caddy for Bill C. to replace the Cadirat with yesterday...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: