BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» C10: Before and After
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 3:01 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» Moving to a New Forum, And This Time I Really Mean It!
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:49 am by boojum

» Mass refugee now in Pa
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 am by MASShole9C1

» The Official 1987 Two Door Body Off RE-build Thread!
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 12:03 am by boojum

» 1996 DGM RMW
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 12:00 pm by Gorillabiter

» Black Cadillac fleetwood parting out.
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 pm by Ironfistdog

» Roundup pics?
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm by silverfox103

» Pictures from the 2018 Roundup
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 pm by silverfox103

» Looking for exhaust part
Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:37 pm by fatvet

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lower radiator hose came flying off

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Lower radiator hose came flying off Empty
PostSubject: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Last night under heavy acceleration my lower radiator hose came flying off the radiator. Could the clamp have not been on good enough? This is a good worm drive clamp not the pinch clamps. Thankfully, I was right down the street from my house and was able to shut the car off as it was approaching the red zone. I put the hose back on im about to go get some coolant to replace what I lost. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Sounds like you should just get a new clamp and make sure it's tight. Not sure what else to suggest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:53 pm

White93ltz wrote:
Sounds like you should just get a new clamp and make sure it's tight. Not sure what else to suggest.
I am with him^^^^^^^^^^^Just sounds like the clamp was not on tight.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Well the morning after I checked it out the clamp was at the absolute very end of the hose and I dont think it was on the neck of the rad very deep. I stuck it on as far as it could go and put the clamp nice and tight. Took me a few trips to autozone cause I didn't know I had the extra capacity cooling system. It took four gallons! Good thing about it is they gave me a free bottle of gum out fuel system cleaner with every gallon I bought! So, hose is back on, coolant is full and bled. My heat could melt the skin off my bones!
Back to top Go down
UberWagon

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 am

Not to scare the living crap out of you or anything but, I had the same problem with a BMW beater I had while in Germany. It ended up being a cracked head building up steam and pressure in the cooling system. I would keep and eye on it just to be on the safe side. I hope this isn't the same kind thing for you. It seems odd that a hose would just pop off the radiator for no reason though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm

UberWagon wrote:
Not to scare the living crap out of you or anything but, I had the same problem with a BMW beater I had while in Germany. It ended up being a cracked head building up steam and pressure in the cooling system. I would keep and eye on it just to be on the safe side. I hope this isn't the same kind thing for you. It seems odd that a hose would just pop off the radiator for no reason though.
It is funny you say that Ray. I lost most of the exhaust system from underneath a old BMW 3 series trying to nagotiate around some huge pot holes in a road construction site in the Black Forrest, heading to Switzerland. Add to that I could not find my reg anywhere in the car and had to turn around at the border. Mad
My second attempt at Switzerland was also a fail. The clutch linkage in my brothers GTO let go and became to tough to drive in the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lower radiator hose came flying off   Lower radiator hose came flying off Empty

Back to top Go down

Lower radiator hose came flying off
Page 1 of 1