BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New Addition to the driveway EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New Addition to the driveway EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New Addition to the driveway EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New Addition to the driveway EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New Addition to the driveway EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New Addition to the driveway EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
New Addition to the driveway EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Addition to the driveway

Go down 
+4
Matt Trakker
Cadet57
toomanytoyz
Wraith'SS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wraith'SS

Wraith'SS

New Addition to the driveway Empty
PostSubject: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Somedays you just have to say, WTF ? Right?
Well that someday was Sunday... and pulled the trigger on a low mile Suburban.
'04 with 48k original miles.
1 owner. 1 guy drove the beast and garaged it as his weekend get away machine.
The interior has never had anyone that sat in the rear seats. Original stickers still on the rear carpet, seat backs and keyway for spare release.
Undercarriage is phenominal with no rust other than on the bushing bolts that can be sanded or replaced. Fluid film might be the way to go to keep her nice.
Its an LT loaded with most every option but Nav and heater for the block.
Just need to fix a small 5 " crease in the tail gate.

I need a real opinion here on what the reliabilty is of these trucks? I searched this one out at a good distance and pulled the trigger simply because of condition, miles and options.
Gas miles wont be good except on highway but with that comes the comfort and size to move the family.

My wife said its like a presidential motorcade truck.. Very Happy
I think its pretty kick ass....

And yes, the dealer plate on the front is comming off once I get the thing registered . That was the first shot after I got it home.;
Ya.. i said the same thing, this was at a KIA dealer?? WTF... right?

[img]New Addition to the driveway BE2BF497-3A99-4FD9-BFB8-2C35B68DC198-3492-0000058FC92B1F5E_zps680cc695[/img]

[img]New Addition to the driveway 982BAF0B-B86E-45CF-9DA4-2AC4739C5A5B-3492-0000058FBBA23480_zps88cd4164[/img]
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Sweet ride, dude! You never find those that kids haven't trashed or with low miles! Very Happy

You can't get much more reliable than one of those series gm trucks, either. Score!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

So which one are you? Razz

New Addition to the driveway 85835056
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Nice! So can you take that and shuttle me around in the second row seat like I'm a diplomat or something?

That is a great truck. You can't go wrong with them. They have their issues like any other vehicle, but put that against any other full size truck and it will be cheaper to fix. And they have fewer issues anyway.

Problem areas include:

Rear hatch window hinges break. Requires glass replacement. I just had mine done, insurance covered it.
Rear quarters get rot at high miles in the lower parts like the dogleg, but you're so early on in it's useful life it will likely never be an issue, just squirt fluid film up the drains into the quarters and stuff.
Stepper motors and bulbs in the instrument cluster
Sometimes the 5.3s have an issue with cracking in the bolt area for the alum. heads, I forget what years.
Window regulators
Seat wear if leather
Bumper rot. Always spray out the inside of the bumpers, esp. the rear side of the rear bumper. You're still early on to save it.
Rear spare tire carrier gets frozen, you need to work it every so often to make sure it's not stuck. There is a safety catch hook on the 03 and newer that causes an issue, you can hack it off if it's a problem.
Uhmmmm...

I'm really picking things apart I think you will have a good experience with that. I like that it has the newer black border taillights, I like them so much better than the early ones.

The tailgate is actually an aluminum panel on at least the outer skin if not the whole shell, so that may or may not be an issue for the repair, I'm not a body guy though. The aluminum corrodes sort of with a white chalky consistency and makes the paint bubble on the hatch around the lock button, wiper arm, etc. Frequent spray washing in the winter will keep that thing nice.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 pm

You can't go wrong with one of these that has been taken care of, it will be a good rig
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Nice! So can you take that and shuttle me around in the second row seat like I'm a diplomat or something?

That is a great truck. You can't go wrong with them. They have their issues like any other vehicle, but put that against any other full size truck and it will be cheaper to fix. And they have fewer issues anyway.

Problem areas include:

Rear hatch window hinges break. Requires glass replacement. I just had mine done, insurance covered it.
Rear quarters get rot at high miles in the lower parts like the dogleg, but you're so early on in it's useful life it will likely never be an issue, just squirt fluid film up the drains into the quarters and stuff.
Sometimes the 5.3s have an issue with cracking in the bolt area for the alum. heads, I forget what years.
Window regulators
Seat wear if leather
Bumper rot. Always spray out the inside of the bumpers, esp. the rear side of the rear bumper. You're still early on to save it.
Rear spare tire carrier gets frozen, you need to work it every so often to make sure it's not stuck. There is a safety catch hook on the 03 and newer that causes an issue, you can hack it off if it's a problem.
Uhmmmm...

I'm really picking things apart I think you will have a good experience with that. I like that it has the newer black border taillights, I like them so much better than the early ones.

The tailgate is actually an aluminum panel on at least the outer skin if not the whole shell, so that may or may not be an issue for the repair, I'm not a body guy though. The aluminum corrodes sort of with a white chalky consistency and makes the paint bubble on the hatch around the lock button, wiper arm, etc. Frequent spray washing in the winter will keep that thing nice.

i had to take a freaking nap after reading all that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 pm

No Moa wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Problem areas include:

Window regulators
Seat wear if leather
Uhmmmm...

i had to take a freaking nap after reading all that.

Well if I wrote less, you'd know it was a signal that I was being held hostage or something... Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith'SS

Wraith'SS

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Great replies...appreciate the feedback

Matt- thanks for the info. I do appreciate the long winded response.. it gives me a heads up. I had a feeling that rear glass panel was effin cheap and already instructed wifey to make sure she uses the latch handle and leave that lazy glass panel alone.

Fluid Film.. This truck seems like a perfect candidate for it.
Any place around that does a full undercarriage covering ? Guess it wouldnt be much coin and would be smart to do the whole thing yearly.

Already got a buddy lined up this summer to do the rear gate repair.
Plan on going with Michelin LTX tires to pass inspection. The original tires are still on the truck. And they wont pass Mass Inspection.. Cost was dealer list, so I cant bitch.
Especially with the rating those get. Wont see off road other than dirt roads in Maine on trips to my granpa's cabin.

Glad to hear this was a good buy.
Price was very fair and no loan.. thats key with a gas bill of $120+++ each fill up! pale
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 pm

NIce,...

now get rid of the stock muffler,.
open up the intake box a little,.
put a good tune in it,.
Be a nice,.. ride.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:24 am

Michelin LTX M/S 2 is THE BEST passenger truck tire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Addition to the driveway   New Addition to the driveway Empty

Back to top Go down

New Addition to the driveway
Page 1 of 1