BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Yesterday at 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:36 am by Cadet57

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Firearm Question?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Firearm Question?   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Is it just handguns that we can't transport across State lines or does it include Rifles also. Facts please Gentlemen, Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Firearm Question?   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 pm

I am almost certain it is hand guns only, but since 9/11 things may be different. Reason for Riffles and shotguns being allowed is hunting across state lines.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Firearm Question?   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Where you going? I went from nh through VT and NY into PA. What I found was that if you are permitted in your state and the state you are going to, you can transfer long guns and hand guns, unloaded, in the compartment farthest from the driver, for instance you can carry them in the bed of a truck or trunk of a car.

Do not take this as gospel, but it's what I found a few years ago on a hunting trip in PA.

Doug

PostSubject: Re: Firearm Question?   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Pooge wrote:
Where you going? I went from nh through VT and NY into PA. What I found was that if you are permitted in your state and the state you are going to, you can transfer long guns and hand guns, unloaded, in the compartment farthest from the driver, for instance you can carry them in the bed of a truck or trunk of a car.

Do not take this as gospel, but it's what I found a few years ago on a hunting trip in PA.

Doug

correct Arrow

Back to top Go down
mega

PostSubject: Re: Firearm Question?   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I was told in missouri where i have my guns that the ammo has to be locked away also or carry none. I dk about here but what they said bout locking it in trunk is correct.

Transporting Firearms in Automobiles
Under federal law, a person is allowed to transport a firearm across state lines from one place where it is legal to possess firearms to another place where it is legal to possess firearms. The firearm must be unloaded and in the trunk of a vehicle. If the vehicle has no trunk the firearm must be unloaded and in a locked container (not the glove compartment or console). This federal law overrides state or local laws.

Many states have laws governing the transportation of firearms. Also, many cities and localities have ordinances restricting their transportation. Travelers must be aware of these laws and comply with the legal requirements in each JURISDICTION. There is no uniform state transportation procedure for firearms. Once you reach your destination, the state lawr, in some areas, municipal lawill control the ownership, possession, and transportation of your firearms.

It must be stressed that as soon as any firearmhandgun, rifle, or shotguns carried on or about the person, or placed in a vehicle where it is readily accessible, state and local firearms laws dealing with carrying come into play. If a person wishes to transport firearms in such a manner, it is advisable that he become aware of local laws by contacting the Attorney General's office in each state through which he may travel, or by reviewing an NRA State Firearms Law Digest. He should determine whether a permit is needed and how to obtain one. While many states require a permit for this type of carrying, most will not issue such permits to non-residents, and other prohibit such carrying altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firearm Question?   Today at 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Firearm Question?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1