BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who wants to help with my swap?

Go down 
+9
iceman3201
BoSStonsSS
Fishah
laidlow91
hooptycaprice
waynes91
bammax
toomanytoyz
GasTT
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Who wants to help with my swap? Empty
PostSubject: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 pm

Guys, I would like to do this swap very soon... like next weekend. Is anyone available to come down to RI and help? I'll pay for your gas! I have a cherry picker air compressor and a tool set. Would like to have some extra tools handy, and expert minds who have put motors in these cars before. I am an hour from Crovo's. LMK.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 am

This should be a pretty easy swap to do in a day. Especially with a few extra hands! I'll check with the Mrs to see what we've got going on next weekend and let ya know.

We'll get your car going as bad ass as it sounds soon enough! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
This should be a pretty easy swap to do in a day. Especially with a few extra hands! I'll check with the Mrs to see what we've got going on next weekend and let ya know.

We'll get your car going as bad ass as it sounds soon enough! Very Happy
After speaking with my Mrs. I would be able to throw my hands into the mix if you like. I could pick you up Bill C. on my way down. That way I can bring my truck to make transporting our tools a breeze.

Are you planning just a simple swap Tim, or are you going to be doing outer gaskets and seals while out? I would do the lower set at the very least. Oil pan, front cover, front and rear main seal w/p drive and opti seal. The rest can be done later. It may not leak now, but the Fel-pro lower conversion kit is cheap enough through autozone at around $65.
Either way I am available.

BTW Tim. Your wheels look kickass! Just need a little lower stance and she will look perfect IMO. cheers
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks guys, hopefully everything goes through with mrs. crovo. I checked and the weather looks promising next weekend.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:55 pm

I may be able to drop by and lend a hand if you need. Just don't expect me to be there at 8 am like them crazy NH people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am

So it looks like this is going to be a mod day after all Tim. Just your car is the only one getting attention. Wink

I encurage anyone who can spare the time to come down to Rhode Island to help out. With enough hands, we can have Tim driving his car that afternoon.

Hey B, is the Mrs letting you go? Shocked
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 am

I just ordered from summit a melling oil pump and pickup. I also ordered a felpro oilpan gasket and motor mounts. I ordered it for 2 day air so it will be here thursday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:07 am

GasTT wrote:
I just ordered from summit a melling oil pump and pickup. I also ordered a felpro oilpan gasket and motor mounts. I ordered it for 2 day air so it will be here thursday.

This is what you want.

It has everything you need to do up the lower end. All the stuff that is hard to get to.
Oil pan, front cover, front, and rear seals, opti and w/p seals, w/p gaskets,
oil filter adapter gasket and oring. Basicly everything but exhaust, intake and valve cover gaskets.
Best to change everything now with it out.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Internal+Engine&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=cat10008&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=CONVERSION&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=15100760&categoryNValue=15199999&fromWhere=&itemId=prod11094&displayName=Conversion+Gasket+Set&searchText=CONVERSION
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 am

I was looking at that.. didnt know if we wanted to do all that. I still havn't received my opti from GOTBASS17 (been almost 2 weeks) when I get it in the opti is coming off anyways. Can I change my order with summit? It's probably too late.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:41 am

It's supposed to be 80 on saturday!! sunny

So far we've got.

1. Bill M
2. Bill C
3. Wayne from CT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

GasTT wrote:
I was looking at that.. didnt know if we wanted to do all that. I still havn't received my opti from GOTBASS17 (been almost 2 weeks) when I get it in the opti is coming off anyways. Can I change my order with summit? It's probably too late.
You can order the conversion kit at any Autozone, which is all those gaskets and seals, should be at the store you ordered it tomorrow or thursday.

We can do it. Just talking an extra hour of work. Just need an engine stand. I would also order a front main seal for the transmission. The rear can be done later.

Exhuast manifolds are the same, so hopefully the flange bolts come out easy on the lt1. If not you may need to swap manifolds, so I would buy exhaust manifold gaskets along with the flange gaskets. If you do not use them, you can return them, but at least you will have them if something goes wrong. You are not going to find them in stock anyplace, so get them now.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 pm

I have a felpro gasket kit in my trunk if you need it. It has the oil pan and filter adaptor plus some misc other gaskets. Not sure if it's the same one Bill mentioned but it has a bunch of random gaskets in it for the bottom end of our car. I actually have 2 kits but one is missing the filter adaptor gaskets. The other kit is unoppened.

And I should be down there to lend a hand if you want, although I doubt I'll be much help beyond my 100 pound toolbox.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:08 pm

We won't be doing motor mounts. Yours are fine. Wink

(I have two sets from both my swaps - WAAAAY too much of a PITA to do!)
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:47 pm

of course ill do what i can while im there, got to go to work also Sad
Back to top Go down
hooptycaprice

hooptycaprice

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm

I"ll be by to help..........

drink some beers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Are motor mounts really a pain? I thought they just bolt in? Anyways, I ordered the Felpro Cs9966 from Autozone. Cheaper than Summit. I also had them get a corvette starter from the store in North Attleboro and it is there and ready for me to swap with my defective unit. I should have everything by thursday. I also got confirmation from gotbass17 that my GM opti, MSD cap, rotor and coil package is on it's way and should be here by Friday! I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 pm

GasTT wrote:
Are motor mounts really a pain? I thought they just bolt in?

Yeah, I think you need to get into the spring pocket to change them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Your motor mounts are fine. You do not need motor mounts. (In my best Jedi mind trick voice.)
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Your motor mounts are fine. You do not need motor mounts. (In my best Jedi mind trick voice.)

LOL... I tried that on page one, too. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
GasTT wrote:

LOL... I tried that on page one, too. Smile
You did not use the voice. You have to use the voice. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:59 pm

I have a spare opti cap and rotor if you do not think it will come in time Tim. I will just bring it. Do you need an engine stand. If you do I will have to go get mine. You will need it to prep the engine.
You should start tearing the wagon down. And maybe start on the sedan friday evening to move things along.
I have a drain pan if you need it. You are going to loose tranny, ps fluid, coolant, and oil no mater what you do.
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 pm

wish i could make it to give you guys a hand.
i got to work until noonish then p/u the kids in manchester.

good luck and hope everything goes smoothly.
looks like youll have some great weather to work. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 pm

laidlow91 wrote:
wish i could make it to give you guys a hand.
i got to work until noonish then p/u the kids in manchester.

good luck and hope everything goes smoothly.
looks like youll have some great weather to work. sunny
That is too bad Anthony. Would be great to have you there.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm

I dont have drain buckets. The stand would be a big help. The opti on my LT1 is fine. It's the on ein the L99 thats no good. I just wanted to swap it out with the low miler I bought with the MSD cap and rotor. It should be here on friday.

The kit came in today, what a great set.

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0912i

This is a nice piece

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0913w

Even though it is raining, I am going to go outside and rip the 'vette starter out of the wagon and go exchange it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

GasTT wrote:
I dont have drain buckets. The stand would be a big help. The opti on my LT1 is fine. It's the on ein the L99 thats no good. I just wanted to swap it out with the low miler I bought with the MSD cap and rotor. It should be here on friday.

The kit came in today, what a great set.

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0912i

This is a nice piece

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0913w

Even though it is raining, I am going to go outside and rip the 'vette starter out of the wagon and go exchange it.

I told you that kit was a good one. I will bring my opti, and we can pull the tree arpart and pick the best body, and parts to make one good one.

We will have a stand one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I have an oil drain container so if I get there before you get to that point I'll have you covered for that.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 pm

My stand is in use, sorry!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 pm

We need a chain/bolts to lift the motors too.

Tonight I took off the starter, alternator, mechanical fan shroud and fan. I also disconnected 90% of the wire harness, removed the intake system and PCM. Tomorrow I will continue on. Every bolt is coming right off with no trouble, this wagon is even more rust free than Crovos Florida car. Laughing So I don't think we'll have any issues with the exhaust at all. Just to be sure tomorrow I am going to soak the manifold/cats bolts with PB blaster. Tonight I am going to exchange my 'vette starter. I hope they don't give me any ish. Also, I noticed when I turn the alternator pully it kind of wobbles. Is it supposed to do that? Its tight like I cant jiggle it but it is a bit warped. It is a new starter with lifetime warranty.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Be careful pulling everything off. You'd hate to forget where everything goes when it comes time to put it all back together, especially the wiring parts. I always end up with extra screws and bolts after reassembling things so I speak from experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

bammax wrote:
Be careful pulling everything off. You'd hate to forget where everything goes when it comes time to put it all back together, especially the wiring parts. I always end up with extra screws and bolts after reassembling things so I speak from experience.
No biggie. I have it tatooed to the inside of my skull. Wink
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

i have this if you guys think it will help.
all you would need is 2-1' sections of chain and a couple bolts.

it was a life saver when i did my motor swap.
LMK...
Who wants to help with my swap? 000_0117
Who wants to help with my swap? 000_0116
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I'll bring my chain/bolts/leveler. Smile

Save that harness! I want it!!! Very Happy I think Big Ugly may be getting an LT1... Wink
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Sweet (big ugly lt1 swap)

I went to the Zone and swapped my starter. LLT Warranty FTW!

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0914g

Who wants to help with my swap? Dscf0917p
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 pm

So it looks like I'll be in Boston and not Manchester this weekend...

So I'm in!

What's your address? When are we supposed to come by?

---

Being home this weekend means I can also fix my gearbox on Sunday and hopefully get the LTZ running again. Maybe that means I could get it to the drag day? Hmmmm....

Last edited by White93ltz on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:22 pm

ILLL BE THERE ALSO..(ONLY FOR A LIL THOUGH) PROMISED TO TAKE GIRLFRIEND OUT THAT DAY( SO SHE WILL BE JOINING)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:30 pm

This may be a bad time to mention this Tim. But an address might help. Also I know that area a little, so is there any crazy one way roads we might not see on mapquest. Best exit coming south on 95.

I will just go to Hooters in Warwick and wait for your call. Razz
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Everyone feel free to drop by whenever, I'm hoping the 2 Bills will be here early so we can get things moving! I bought a bunch of drinks and stuff and some burgers/dogs. Hopefully I can get the women to cook us up some stuff while we are getting dirtay.

15 beech st pawtucket ri 02860

You take 95S to exit 27. When you get off the exit you will see The Ground Round on your right. You will go through the intersections ahead and pass Sunoco, Shell, Burger King and then Dunkin' Donuts. AFTER the Dunkin' Donuts there will be a HUGE YELLOW house on your LEFT. Take THAT left. That is my street. I live in the middle house on the right. I'm hoping the driveway will be empty so just pile in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Is that the Atwells ave exit, just past Apex? It must be.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:43 pm

The atwells ave exit is in providence thats 5 exits down. This is the exit AT apex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:45 pm

GasTT wrote:
The atwells ave exit is in providence thats 5 exits down. This is the exit AT apex.
My bad. Been awile. Mineral springs I think. I know the exit though. Gas station at top of hill, then light. Shell I think. Damn. Been 6 years. scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 pm

I'll bring the GPS, just in case. Wink

And we should be there between 8 & 830. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:58 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Are you kidding me? I know that place like the back of my hand. Razz

Bring it, but we won't need it. cheers Trust me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Are you kidding me? I know that place like the back of my hand. Razz

Bring it, but we won't need it. cheers Trust me. Suspect

GPS not needed. You take the exit off of 95 and bam my street is two lights down. The highway is my next door neighbor.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:38 pm

I can be there around 10. You people and your dang 8am Mad
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey Rich
I'll bring that mirror with me and you can take it tomorrow. I'm looking to clean the stuff out of my trunk before anything get even more broken.
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 8:28 pm

bammax wrote:
Hey Rich
I'll bring that mirror with me and you can take it tomorrow. I'm looking to clean the stuff out of my trunk before anything get even more broken.

alright koooool thanx
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: who wants to help with my swap   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 9:08 pm

tim i would but sat have to set up patio. lame excuse but if i dont ill be in deep do do. my roadie tranny all fixed. cost of fix $38.00 plus alot of missed good times. good luck and be careful.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:09 am

It's all good Ron, maybe we'll see you on the 9th!
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 am

I'm pretty drunk. I might be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 am

White93ltz wrote:
I'm pretty drunk. I might be there.
^^^^^He won't be there^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to help with my swap?   Who wants to help with my swap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wants to help with my swap?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next