BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Lost a good friend today EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Lost a good friend today EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Lost a good friend today EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Lost a good friend today EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Lost a good friend today EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Lost a good friend today EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Lost a good friend today EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Lost a good friend today EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Lost a good friend today EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lost a good friend today

Go down 
+14
sdstick
phantom 309
laidlow91
Fishah
M.ROSS
Cadet57
silverfox103
Ironfistdog
No Moa
mega
Matt Trakker
MASShole9C1
1984twodoor
toomanytoyz
18 posters
AuthorMessage

Lost a good friend today Empty
PostSubject: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I am so heartbroken right now. I had to Put our beloved "Max" down. He had gotten very ill and lame lately. We had taken him in for testing, and the Vet said she found cancer cells and other issues with his organs. We brought him home, and got another three weeks with him. But this week he got worse, and we could tell he was in pain.
We keep telling each other it was for the best, but the empty feeling the three of us have with his passing has had us crying for days.
Max has been with me through the darkest and brightest moments in my life during the past 13 years. Through two marriages. He has been the one constant in my life since before meeting Phyllis. He played a roll in me and Phyllis getting together. When I first met Phyllis, her daughter Phylicia was about 10 years old, and wanted nothing to do with me. But after meeting Max, she quickly warmed up to the both of us. And a a year earlier, he had saved my life. That is another story.
He did not have a mean bone in his body, and never bit anyone who did not deserve it. This summer while walking him and Jake, it was Max who stood up to another dog to protect us.
He went peacefully this morning with Phylicia and myself by his side.
Lost a good friend today Stuff013
Lost a good friend today Dogsandme003
Lost a good friend today MAXIE001
Lost a good friend today 95roadmastersedan002-1
Lost a good friend today Maxandjake003
Lost a good friend today MAXIE007
Lost a good friend today Phishipics257
Lost a good friend today Maxandjake004

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm sorry man. Losing a pet can be like losing your best friend. You'll always have the happy memories and stories to tell. He'll always be with you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

I'm so sorry Billy, from what you said he seemed like the epitome of "Man's best friend."

I remember when my dog Kelly could no longer get up the stairs into the house. It really leaves an empty space.

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 am

That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy saying goodbye to a beloved pet. Even more so after more than a decade. You'll always have the memories to take with you.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 am

Sorry to hear Billy. At least he's not suffering now and you have the good times and memories to take away with you. Went through the same thing with our Shepherd mix "Moxie" about a year ago, the dog was 17 years old (I guess unheard of for a dog of it's size) and right up to the end seemed alright, then went downhill fast and passed away in our living room, I was the last one to see the dog alive and said my goodbyes because I knew it was coming. Empty space for sure.
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:50 am

sorry to hear man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 am

I can relate, had to do the same to my dog, she only survived 8 years, and had a bleed out in her belly, they couldn't stop it. I drove an hour at 2 am to the animal hospital, i 2 was there when we put her down, it killed me. I had her cremated and she is still here every day. She was my first dog, and the best..
It will get easier, but you'll never forget. Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 am

R.I.P. Little guy. Nothing worse than losing a dog. Especially if you have to make the decision. Never stops hurting, just gets easier to deal with on a daily basis. Sad Sad. Sorry to hear Bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Phyllis and I both woke up this morning crying. It is almost like loosing a child. We both know it is for the best. He was sick, and now he is at peace with no more pain. I just hate having to put him down after all the joy he has brought us. It just did not seem fair, but neither did letting him live the way he had become. I was hopefull that we would have more time with him. He was such a good dog. Even when he was a pain in the ass. I miss him so much.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry buddy.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry to hear that Billy. He sounds like he was a great dog. No
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Sorry to hear bill .Remember the good times.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Billy that is really terrible news. I am very sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 pm

R.I.P. Max Crying or Very sad

Bill sorry for the loss.
the girls are very sad to hear the news also.

wishing you guys the best.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Sorry for you billy,.

nick
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Sorry to hear Bill.
It just sux. I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Sorry to hear, never easy to loose one of your best friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Again. I would like to thank everyone for the kind words. Today was a better day around the house. We miss the little guy, but know it was for the best.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 pm

sorry to here, nothing no more heart wrenching than that,we had to put down our 10 yr lab this year, and our English bull terrier a few yrs ago,damn tears could float the titanic but it was for the better, i keep staying that both of them will be at the rainbow bridge waiting for us, i know they'll be there...
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

So shitty man, very sorry for your loss.

I love my dog more than 99.9% of people, I'm sure your the same. He was a cute monkey, I remember meeting him.

Thankfully you have another rugrat to dump some extra love on

Doug
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry to hear Billy. Didn't realize you a big Dog lover til you met King @ NED last year.
Hope this brings a smile Smile
Lost a good friend today 8-09to10-09007
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Sorry to hear Billy. Didn't realize you a big Dog lover til you met King @ NED last year.
Hope this brings a smile Smile
Lost a good friend today 8-09to10-09007
Thanks Tom. Yes I remember King. He is a hansom dog.

We are feeling much better, as the initial shock of him being gone has somewhat passed. Now that my head is clear, I know I did the
right thing for him. If my head had been clear, I probably would have not posted such an emotional thread, but the support has helped, and I thank you all. We are certainly giving Jake a lot of extra love, and helping him through this. He jst started eating again tonight, but still looking for Max.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost a good friend today   Lost a good friend today Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost a good friend today
Page 1 of 1