BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!

Go down 
+4
Ironfistdog
Cadet57
96Brougham
cloud 9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cloud 9

cloud 9

Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 pm

So a friend of mine picked up a 2000 Lincoln LS. Lined em up at work .. for about an 1/8 mile. That's all the space we had. We launched, well he launched and I put down 2 strips of rubber about 50ft long. He jumped about 2 car lengths ahead almost instantly, because of the second gear "soft start". By the end of the 1/8 I was coming on like a freight train and would have destroyed him in the 1/4. That being said, has anyone relocated the battery to the trunk here and will it make a difference in my lack of traction? Obviously I have way more power and torque than he does but it doesn't do me any good if I can't get the goddam thing moving. Although the rest of the crowd watching was impressed with my car because it makes quite a scene when I get on it verses the whisper of the Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Must have been a v6 Ls because the v8 ones are quick. Even so, the v6 Ls is decent for what it is. Don't sweat the race, you win knowing you don't have to deal with that jaguar/Lincoln disaster of a car.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Nope it was the V8 sport . I'll get him next time, gonna get the car rolling first before I lay into it. geek
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm

96Brougham wrote:
you win knowing you don't have to deal with that jaguar/Lincoln disaster of a car.

Guy I work with had one. He told me about the time it caught fire on the pike. He said that was the most reliable the car ever was. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Lincoln is 400lbs lighter BUT you stated you left rubber for 50ft, so had it hooked up off the line you probably wouldnt have even seen the LS (except in the rearview)
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 pm

You lost the race with the 50ft of rubber. No need to freak out about it my friend.
Not that I condone street racing. Because I do. Razz
You have to practice how to launch hard, but not hard enough to break loose. It is a compromise between what you think you should do, and what you must do to keep wheel spin under control. With practice, you will get it.
I like to launch with one foot on the brake, and one on the gas. I grab as much brake as I can while pushing rpms to 1200-1400rpms. When it is time to get going, I gently pull up on the brake, and simultaneously push on the gas, once moving I lay it to the floor and hold it. What this does is it gives you the power you need, and you control wheel spin with the brake. I also like to manually shift the auto. cheers

BTW: A V8 powered Lincoln LS is basically a four door Mustang GT. And since it is built on a Ford/Jag platform, he won't have it long. So don't feel too bad.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 pm

I drove my 85 year old Mothers Lincoln MKS a while ago.. It was really "peppy" for a little V6. Wink
Back to top Go down
SlowImpala

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm

The V8 is a lot faster them my 95 Impala. My brother has that LS Lincoln v 8 and he kicks my ass and I have mods in he gets me by a good 5 cars in the 1/4 .... it sucks Surprised
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm

SlowImpala wrote:
The V8 is a lot faster them my 95 Impala. My brother has that LS Lincoln v 8 and he kicks my ass and I have mods in he gets me by a good 5 cars in the 1/4 .... it sucks Surprised
Yeh, but he will have to replace timing chain guides, and timing chains eventually driving it hard. You won't have to touch yours.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll get him next time. Just gotta get her rolling before I lay into it. Considering I spent the first 50ft burning rubber, he really didn't get too far ahead by the time I got traction. Next race will be different. I do think I need the 255/50 s on it instead of the 235/55s I have on now. Little more rubber on the road should help. Gotta burn these off so I have an excuse to get new rubber. This should be fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:35 pm

OK...it's 4:35...tires gone yet?

If they're not...your doin it wrong. Wink
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Don't worry , I will post videos when I do it What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!   Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost a little drag race today..and I'm tweaking out about it!!!!
Page 1 of 1