BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!

Go down 
+11
sdstick
Tomz9C1
bammax
Matt Trakker
Pooge
No Moa
toomanytoyz
1984twodoor
GasTT
Grumpy
Cadet57
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! Empty
PostSubject: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 pm

My nephew bought my RMS a year and a half ago. When I sold it to him, I made him promise me he would never drink and drive, or drive it stupidly. Needless to say, I am not posting this because he drives like "driving miss daisy".
This story starts off on a warm summer afternoon, and several bad choices. The last one of which nearly cost him and the other three kids their lives.
He was driving on a very curvy hilly road with a posted speed limit of 30mph. (If you have ever been to Doug's, then you get the idea of the road condition) He decided it would be cool to catch some air at 80+mph. He was wrong. He rolled several times before hitting a tree. One branch on the tree actually impailed the pass seat back through the passenger window. Had the passenger not have been thrown to the back of the car, he would have been killed. The one time I have ever heard a cop say "he was lucky he was NOT wearing his seat belt. Fortunately no one was killed, but my nefew broke his wrist and ruptured his pelvis, and has a long list of charges to face, and a loss of license until he is 21, but hopefully has learned one hard life lesson. The other three walked awaywith minor injuries, but were trapped in the car for several minutes with the car on fire.

So here as she once stood.
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! 95roadmastersedan006-1

Here is how she sits today. And yes, I truely believe it saved their lives.
.Wait for it!.
Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! 39193_138143992891548_100000878438611_175780_3474361_n

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Holy freakin shit... No
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Glad he is ok !! BUT remember we were all kids once. Thank God nobody was hurt. Thats the most important thing. I am sure he got a life's lesson here. I never had a bad crash but the wife did. Oh..Both my kids totaled GNs to but walked away. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Glad he is ok !! BUT remember we were all kids once. Thank God nobody was hurt. Thats the most important thing. I am sure he got a life's lesson here. I never had a bad crash but the wife did. Oh..Both my kids totaled GNs to but walked away. Shocked

I think totaling a car at 16-17 is a part of life. Here's what was left of my first car after I came down a hill too fast:

Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! Car
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Damn bill got any more pics of that thing?? That's pure carnage. Can't believe they are all OK after seeing that pic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 pm

GasTT wrote:
Damn bill got any more pics of that thing?? That's pure carnage. Can't believe they are all OK after seeing that pic.
That is the only picture I have. It is humbling to say the least.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:13 pm

That's exactly what they showed us two years ago in drivers ed...I know why they do from hearing it happen and seeing friends get in accidents. Though none of the accidents my friends have had are close, it's still very scary to think it could happen even when I'm not showing off.

I hope that everyone has a fast recovery
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Hole. Eeeee. Shit.

Wow.

They are lucky to be alive after that! That old girl saved them for sure. Hopefully that was a wakeup call for all those kids AND all their friends.

Wow.

We all did stupid shit when we were kids and my cars should have ended up like that on more than one occasion... I was lucky.

So were they.

Speedy recovery and all that...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 pm

WTF was that boy thinking. Lucky!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Wow Billy, he is impressively lucky. I see accidents weekly or more often as a fireman and I have not seen a car look that bad in a LONG time and much less one where the people walked away...

Very glad to hear he is ok, we were all crazy kids once, but wow, was he lucky...

Wow...

Doug
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Jesus Christ on a bike! That almost looks unsurvivable, I bet all the upholstery padded the hell out of the inside of the car while it was bouncing everywhere. I'm glad they're okay (what was he thinking), but it's sad the car wound up like that. I remember stopping to look at it on the side of 125 in Rochester not long ago, then realizing it was the same car from the forum.

I'm sure if they were in a Scion (something I witnessed driving idiotically tonight) the outcome would have been much, much different.

Fortunately my worst accident was a clown on a motorcycle slamming into my truck, and some dumbass crashing her Corolla into my green Impala. I've been spared the totaled car fiascoes, on my part anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Now that kid suing the school for electrocuting himself doesn't seem like the dumbest kid in your neighborhood Rolling Eyes

And saying that we were all young once isn't an excuse. I've been young and never did something that stupid. It must be a New Hampshire thing. Down this way there's too much traffic to do that kind of speed.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Brad, I'll bet I can hit 80 in your parking lot.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm

GasTT wrote:

Not without running over a kid or hitting a garbage truck
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 pm

That's my point.

People can speed and get hurt anywhere.. traffic or not.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 am

WOW! I'm glad they're ok
Dibs on the wheels.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:12 am

Glad everyone survived that.
When I did my stupid 80+ I did a 4 wheel drift sideways off the corner.
Road went up then down & to the left, I went up and....well ya, it wasnt left.
At that time my landing point was a huge vacant muddy lot.
Can we expect kids to NOT do something stupid? Surprised
I think not, it's only good fun until it goes wrong.
Was it because you can fit 4 invinsible idiots comfortably?
Was it the car that saved an otherwise fatal mistake?
I have this battle going in my head off & on.
If I put my son in a 4 door cruiser, do his odds become better or worse?
We know it was a bad decision.
Now I bet they ALL do too.

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Dibs on the wheels.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 am

we have always had "large" cars. I think they help in a collision. This was why I put my kids in a G body.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am

bammax wrote:
And saying that we were all young once isn't an excuse. I've been young and never did something that stupid. It must be a New Hampshire thing. Down this way there's too much traffic to do that kind of speed.

Must be tough to be as awesomely perfect as you, Brad.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:14 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:32 pm

I still some stupid stuff from time to time, with age you get better judgement of when not to do certain things. I can still make people grab for the "oh shi*t" handle Laughing With age usually comes a little more skill too. Smile Glad they are ok.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Its hard to believe, but i've done alot of stupid stuff. lol

Rolled end over end in a 525 bimmer 7 times. walked away. Have believe in god ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
fatvet

fatvet

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Shut the Front Door !!!!!!

that pic is a real Eye Opener, glad to hear they are alive.....

It is true, Youth is wasted on the young sometimes...

RIP RMS...

-ALF out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386222
hooptycaprice

hooptycaprice

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:58 pm

bammax wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Not without running over a kid or hitting a garbage truck

If you get it up to 88mph you may just go back to the future! Razz
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:24 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
bammax wrote:

Coming from the guy doing burnouts in front of a cop Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:28 pm

bammax wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
bammax wrote:

He was doing a U-turn, and his foot slipped off the clutch, and landed on the gas pedal. Razz
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 pm

They should park the car at the highschool entrance like they do down here when a kid or a drunk has a big wreck.
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:02 pm

I totaled a 93 ford tempo some four years ago....that was fun.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

bammax wrote:
They should park the car at the highschool entrance like they do down here when a kid or a drunk has a big wreck.

I was thinking the same thing, it might keep one kid from wrecking his, and it might get the kid some play for being "The badass who survived that"

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:44 pm

bammax wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
bammax wrote:

LOL. Smile I just TOLD you I've done plenny'o stupid things! Very Happy First thing would be to look for cops before making the neighborhood disappear in tire smoke... Oops. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!   Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost! Empty

Back to top Go down

Showing off can be a killer............................................Almost!
Page 1 of 1