BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

HO/HA group buy sway bars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scot

HO/HA group buy sway bars Empty
PostSubject: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 pm

If I can arrange for 8 more people ...The stiffest bars now made...1 3/8" solid front bar, 1 1/2" solid rear bar, mounting hardware for the front includes poly bushings and end links. The 1 3/8" solid is 40% stiffer than the larger, hollow, longer 1 7/16" Hotchkis front sway bar. The rear of course is crazy stiffer than any other rear bar. The Limo is neutral (at 8000 lbs.) but the sedan hot set up for these bars is FE1 springs (really), or for sky high great handling (See Porsche SUV's) any 9C1 or trailer tow springs. Bruce at Malibu Performance has sold his last in stock set but will produce a new run of 20 sets once he has a group purchase. Every limo owner I know back in the states (I'm in Switzerland) wants a set. Like myself and my daughter in the states these are people who use their 94-96 FWB Limo to haul their dogs around. My daughter Lisbeth about 4 years ago drove her limo around Virginia International Raceway as fast as the average time for a stock Impala SS. (Horsepower, monster brakes and unreal handling is the magic on 15X8.5's and 275/60-15 Firehawks! Out of production now but with 275/60-15 Nitto 555's it's till crazy great.)Mine is easily the rarest limo in Zurich, SW. right now. So I need 8 more to sign up. He's trying to keep the price per set as close to $321.00 as new production allows. I'll know the exact price by next week. I'll respond to any technical questions asap.He's in Malibu so I'm 9 time zones away so delays will happen. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:49 pm

I'd be interested. Keep us updated with logistics and cost all of that, put me down for a set.
Back to top Go down
scot

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 am

Will do.
Just curious, is your car using the oem springs? and what is long term ride/handling ambition?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 pm

scot wrote:
Will do.
Just curious, is your car using the oem springs? and what is long term ride/handling ambition?

Right now the caprice has stock arms all the way around with impala ss springs and bilstien shocks. Boxed frame in the middle sections, the ends are still open.

Long term plans are for tubular arms up front, boxed rears and coilovers all around. Ideally a street/strip/cruiser/track day car. All around fun car. Basically solid enough for a basic road course and hitting on/off ramps during spirited driving. Can't really be an idiot too many licenses to loose.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 pm

I,d like a set,..
Back to top Go down
scot

PostSubject: you're on the list   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 9:55 am

Bruce @ Malibu Perf. says that he'll get the price in the next few days from his pipe bender. I'll post when he does. For the front bar; a really good idea would be the frame brace from Pro-Touring F-Body, the owner has a special $65.00 price right now with a flat $10.00 shipping fee. Otherwise any front sway bar over 1 1/4" will waste energy bending the front frame rails instead of reducing body roll, so you end up with too much understeer. The frame brace bolts between the sway and the frame, then you spot weld it to the frame (any muffler place can do it cheap in 5 minutes). Big improvement.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Is the rear bar the straight across "gopher killer"?
HO/HA group buy sway bars Impala10
Back to top Go down
scot

PostSubject: gopher killer   HO/HA group buy sway bars EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm

It will be only if they get built. I spoke with Bruce yesterday and he's pessimistic. He no longer has a pipe bender who is all about holding the cost down. He is trying to find another producer but other also means quality unknown. Steel is consistent but precise measuring and fabrication is a variable. The rear 1 1/2" is exactly the same as the BMR one (which works just fine) but nobody any longer makes as stiff a front bar as the 1 3/8" solid once @ Malibu. That was a big part of my wanting to do this GP. The bends for that 1 3/8" front are pretty tough and must be pretty precise or it will not fit. The guys that used to produce it are not enthusiastic about doing so again. HO and HA don't exist anymore and Quickor made both 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" solid fronts but they went under years ago. Bruce realizes that the BMR rear bar competes with him and is wondering if just making a "gopher killer" bar but as a 1 3/8" solid rear would be a better idea. Of course for all sedans, it really would be and right now he would have no competition. Limo folks would just have to go to BMR. Sedan owners could just combine a new 1 3/8" rear bar with a hollow 1 3/8" front bar like the Hellwig combined with the front frame brace and have a very neutral set of sway bars. Hell given my Limo's 16 foot long wheelbase (not a typo), any similar Limo would probably work great with that set too. He has not given up but it will be next week at the earliest I hear back from him. I'll update when I know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HO/HA group buy sway bars   HO/HA group buy sway bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1