BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
How many members have gps? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
How many members have gps? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
How many members have gps? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
How many members have gps? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
How many members have gps? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
How many members have gps? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
How many members have gps? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
How many members have gps? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
How many members have gps? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How many members have gps?

Go down 
+8
Matt Trakker
toomanytoyz
Fishah
sdstick
Tomz9C1
Cadet57
silverfox103
iceman3201
12 posters
AuthorMessage
iceman3201

iceman3201

How many members have gps? Empty
PostSubject: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 am

when mark and i went to the drag day. mark had his gps with him. i was really impressed. beeped when we were suppose to turn. found out my speedo is off by 2 mph going 80. really was only 78. and i had no trouble under standing it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:49 am

Couldn't live without it! For example, the two oldest kids live in Atlanta, I bring the GPS with me and you'd think I had lived there all my life. I can find anything, no more aggravation.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:51 am

My phone has google maps with turn by turn nav built in. Love it. My speedo is off by about 5. Thou I think its a combination of a bad ABS wheelspeed sensor and the fact the previous owner put larger tires in the back than the front...
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

I don't know why I waited so long to get one, I travel everywhere. They are great, but most of the time I verify the direction and route by zooming out on the screen of the unit.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Bought 1 for my wife for XMas. She's not 100% on board (maybe because it doesnt argue with her???)
Its a Garmin 755 I think.
I love it.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Yea, I absolutely can't live without mine now.

Got the cheapest one and its awesome. Garmin Nuvi 205.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

I love my GPS. It is AWESOME!

But it made me stupid and I don't know how to get anywhere it's brought me without it now. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:34 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I love my GPS. It is AWESOME!

But it made me stupid and I don't know how to get anywhere it's brought me without it now. Wink

That's why I've neglected to get one yet...I need to research them though. Came in handy on the trip we took to FL a few weeks ago, however it often will try to make you take dumb routes (this was a TomTom)

The only thing I hate about them is you invariably have some 'tard driving in front of you with the thing clearly visible through their back window above their dashboard, going 10MPH below the speed limit, weaving across the center line, reading the screen instead of looking at the road, they're as bad as cell phones!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Yeah, Tom Tom's search engine/decision making is the worst of the bunch. I read a magazine article, consumer reports I think, and it rated Tom Tom at the bottom, Magellan next, and Garmin on top. Garmin and Magellan were really neck and neck though. Tom Tom ALWAYS added 5-10 minutes to even the shortest trips.

I love my Magellan. I have two now. It's nice to have the speedo in there too, so you can see how much the car's speedo is off by. Wink

I do have to say that I don't look at the thing much while driving though, I just check it once and a while and pay more attention to the bitch's voice when a turn is coming up. Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 pm

LOL

Well now I know why some kid I know was trying to strongarm me into buying his "new but I don't like it" TomTom...he had a Garmin get stolen from his car and got one of these to replace it but said he was used to the Garmin...he probably didn't want it because it sucked. haha

Good to know!

I'll probably still wind up getting one. I know not everyone does it, but I HAVE been stuck behind numerous times the bumper sticker-covered purple 1998 Corolla, GPS mounted on the windshield, driver staring into it in a trance as if the GPS was some sort of night-vision apparatus...inching along...drives me insane!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 pm

I just got a factory refurbished one from eBay for like 50 bucks. The place is actually right here in Nashua. Good buy!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

I can't find my way without it but I effing hate them they are so annoying and piss me the eff off!!!111 Sorry. I am on a big ass road trip right now using one of these things. Tells me to turn when there is no turn RECALCULATING RECALCULATING RECALCULATING. OK I'm done.

On a positive note, I had a Magellan and I liked it. It was good to me, until some crackhead smashed my window and stole it. I've been borrowing my friends Garmin. One thing I like about it is that it shows the speed limit and my current speed. GPS are good to find local stores/food/gas when you are away from home and don't know the area.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 pm

I have some no name unit that my mother gave me a few years ago. It gets confused by highway overpasses, always finds the most round about way to get places, doesn't know any "points of interest" and tells you to turn just after you already passed the turn. Other than that it works great Laughing

The trick is to understand the issues that every unit has and learn to work around them. For example when my unit says the turn is in 500 ft that means it's the very next side street coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fatvet

fatvet

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Yup
I gots a Garmin...not sure what model.

-ALF
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386222
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow I thought at least someone other than myself would be down with maps! I don't even rock a radar detector! bounce
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't use a radar detector either because I don't speed on interstates. I do 5 over MAXIMUM. You can't trust an electronic to let you know where all the cops are. I don't actually OWN a GPS I just borrow them to drive long distances. If I am slightly familiar with the area I shut the thing off. I don't want to get 'stupid' like crovo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I use a map book at work, if that means anything... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many members have gps?   How many members have gps? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many members have gps?
Page 1 of 1