BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Florida update EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Florida update EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Florida update EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Florida update EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Florida update EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Florida update EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Florida update EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Florida update EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Florida update EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Florida update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Florida update   Florida update EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:19 pm

So I've been in Florida a month today. It's hot, it rains a lot, but I like it here. The wife and baby are more happy too. Lots of family and friends for them to be around. Sophia is just over 6 months and she's getting so big..

Florida update Oxwx

It's not like up north where everything is down the street. You've got to DRIVE to go anywhere. It costs about $500 per car for a new registration here. Shocked Still rocking RI plates for the time being. I took the insurance off my wagon and parked it with the Caprice. It's currently my storage unit. Might sell it.

Florida update 6koc

I got the Caprice running good. Figured out my no prime condition. A wire coming from the relay harness was pinched by the trans dipstick bracket. DOH!! Took a long time to figure that one out. But, it primes every time now. Also, my EMI fuse was blown... I assume its been like that for a LONG time.. like since I put in the LT1. Same with the fuel pump issue. Narrowed that down to a shorted O2 sensor. No more CEL, no more constant fans. Starts right up and runs great. I've discovered a multimeter is a car guys best friend. Can't wait to fix the transmission and get it on the road.

I'm working on my Streetlights, lots of little cheap parts inside a broken and need repair. Still need to fix the rear quarter and the Olds CC bumper needs to be painted too. Rest of the paint looks great though. Very Happy 

Florida update 49w4

When I was up north and I told people I was moving to Florida the first question was "Do you have a job lined up?". Of course my answer was no. I got crazy looks and, oh thats not a good idea blah blah.... I started work July 3rd as Assistant Manager at a full service automotive facility. Not a corporation, owned by one guy. There's two locations, I work at the secondary location. We have 5 bays and 4 full time technicians. My job is basically make sure the jobs are getting done, the parts are there when we need them and they are the right parts. I also work the counter and answer the phone when the manager is not around/busy. Saturday afternoons and Sundays I run the store. The only drawbacks are that I can't use the facility for my own repairs and it's an hour drive away from my house. But, It's a decent job with decent pay. Hope to see some of you in Daytona!
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Sounds like you did good with the move Tim. You think its great now, well wait until February and you still haven't seen any snow Very Happy 
I'm planning on going down that way for Daytona next year, hopefully some other New Englanders will make the trip too.

$500 to register a car, holy crap!!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm glad things are working out!

Babies grow up too fast btw. My son was 6 months old yesterday and now he's 22 months old today lol.

The caprice looks awesome! I dig the OCC bumper.

Keep us posted. Even tho I see wverything on FB.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:17 am

Good to hear all of this Tim!

Glad you got a job and it's a good one for ya! Too bad you may sell the wagon but if it's for the best then go for it. But don't buy a Geo lol!

That kind of blows about driving everywhere and not being able to use the shop, but I'm sure if you move up/move on to a diff. shop you'll get some more kickbacks coming your way. Can't wait to see the Caprice up and running all in one color. If Daytona accepts two door boxys then maybe I'll see you one of the years they do it.

Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Don't know if anyone is paying attention but here it goes

I quit the job I had in August. Took a week long vacation in Miami Beach with the wife baby and sister in law joined us from Brazil.

Too many hours, hour commute, too much stress... job wasn't working for me. After a long search, I found a job that suits me well. I've worked in almost all types of Automotive jobs... except auto body. Found an ad on clist for entry level position at a local shop. Basically disassembling cars to be worked on and then carefully putting them back together when they are finished. It's a cool shop, pretty big and BUSY. I hope to learn everything I can and become a good body guy. I have a few cars of my own that need a little attention. Cool 

Here's one of the projects in the shop... there's another one waiting out back, older Impala and some other older stuff hanging around waiting to be redone from the ground up.

Florida update 1294319_10151667681563947_935046861_o

Florida update 1262617_10151667681538947_811076646_o

Man is it a bitch to hang body panels on these older cars.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Good luck chasing panel gaps. You think B/D bodies are a pain with shims and whatnot....
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Everything is hung, gaps are as good as they're gonna get. Took quite a while. I only helped a little lol.. not that skilled yet.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 am

Saw this on FB a few days ago, but that is some good news! Glad you're doing the body work thing as it seems like it's right up your alley. Just, once you get good at it, ah... move back here and take care of my car thanks! Smile 

Glad to hear all is going well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Florida update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida update   Florida update Empty

Back to top Go down

Florida update
Page 1 of 1