BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

LIVE FROM FLORIDA

Go down 
+7
silverfox103
sdstick
iceman3201
Cadet57
bammax
96Brougham
GasTT
11 posters
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes, it's true. I am officially on vacation in Florida. Me and Kayla drove down. We left at 3:30 AM Tuesday and got here 2 AM Wednesday including stops for gas and food. We drove straight through and did not hit 1 minute of traffic!!! I'll post some pics tomorrow, didn't take any yet! If you guys have any fun ideas for stuff to do, let me know! Thank you, I'll be here all week. tongue tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Hope you have fun!
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:27 am

What part of Florida? North, south, east coast, west coast?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:16 am

Bring me back a rust free wagon! Please? tongue
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:12 am

you made good time tim. how many miles? when i got done driving. i was making 41.5 cents a mile. you can drive 11 hrs now before you have to take 10 hrs off. in a commercial vehicle. no traffic? gravy run. but when are you coming back? traffic going to be heavy this week end. have fun. yes on the pics. and rust free b-bodys. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:44 am

I'm staying in Port Saint Lucie. I think it was about 1300 miles, not sure. We drove down the Eighty Eight if anyone was wondering. I only saw 4 B-bodies so far. A DCM Impala tinted in NYC, a RMW on the highway somewhere in the Carolinas, a clean dark blue Caprice tinted and a beat up dark blue Caprice with some crappy chrome 20's on it. Oh yea, I saw a Fleetwood jacked up on 24's train horns and tacky chrome all over it and it's painted orange, what a surprise. I am staying for about 7 days maybe more/less.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:23 am

Good thing you got that sunburn started before you got down there.
Have a great time, relax & enjoy the HEAT
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:17 am

So by my math your on the east coast a little past half-way down. That puts you past Daytona and Cape Canaveral, but not quite to Miami. If it were spring you could watch lots of baseball in Jupitor, but I'm not sure if there's any to be had right now. You could catch a Marlins game if you chose to drive a bit more. Orlando is a couple hours away on rt-4 and Tampa is an hour or so past that, so it looks like your stuck with palm beach and vero beach as your destinations. Try not to stare too much or you'll come home single with 2 black eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm

GasTT wrote:
If you guys have any fun ideas for stuff to do, let me know! Thank you, I'll be here all week. tongue tongue tongue

Hooters, for lunch!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Man, that lower stretch of 95 is a long boring drive, isn't it? Wink When I did it I detoured out to DelMarVa so I could go across that cool 13 mile bridge that comes back to the mainland at in Chesapeake Bay.

Just hit the beach, man! Check out Daytona. South beach, Miami. You're close enough for a day trip to one of the parks, too...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:10 pm

95 north to 4 west for about an hour. Since it's a holiday weekend the last 3 or 4 miles will be bumper to bumper, but at least it'll be hot out Laughing
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:29 am

bammax wrote:
So by my math your on the east coast a little past half-way down.

Yes about halfway down, in Port Saint Lucie.

bammax wrote:
Orlando is a couple hours away on rt-4 and Tampa is an hour or so past that, so it looks like your stuck with palm beach and vero beach as your destinations.

Actually, we did spend the day in Orlando today. Went to Sea world! It was 2 hrs going north up the Florida Turnpike.

bammax wrote:
Try not to stare too much or you'll come home single with 2 black eyes Wink

I don't have that problem! I can look all I want haha I'm just looking!

toomanytoyz wrote:
Man, that lower stretch of 95 is a long boring drive, isn't it? When I did it I detoured out to DelMarVa so I could go across that cool 13 mile bridge that comes back to the mainland at in Chesapeake Bay.

Just hit the beach, man! Check out Daytona. South beach, Miami. You're close enough for a day trip to one of the parks, too...

It is long and boring. I'm used to 95 in RI all twisties and turns. The highways down here are just perfectly straight. I've been keeping the cruise at 5 over the limit to stay out of trouble.

I think me and Kayla are gonna hit up South Beach today, if I wake up early enough. It's only about 2 hours south.

Also being down here I get to see my 3 older sisters they took me out to a lesbian bar tonight LMAO haha. good times.

I'll post a few pics I aint got nothin else to do right now!! (sorry, no hot lesbo pics)

We didn't actually STOP here, I heard it's a crap hole. Just wanted to see the sights. It was worth a look.

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1732m

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1734

How I got here.

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1739k

The front end has a bunch of "Love bugs" on it. I need to wash the car tomorrow they supposedly have a lot of acid in them and will eat my paint.

Driving to
LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1741x

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1746

There was people from all over the world here.

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1748j
Trees , ok im too tired for story telling heres a few more, good night

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1777zy

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1841t
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:17 am

i love pics. yes wash those bugs off. truck drivers love those roads. hey the driver looks just like you Very Happy be careful and have fun. more pics of any thing but trees and birds. j/k.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:11 pm

On the way back stop at south of the border and check out the little shops. It's amazing some of the crap they sell. The little diner they have has decent food for not much money. It's also a good place to buy those fireworks that aren't for sale around here anymore. Just remember not to bring them home with you *cough Wink cough*
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:00 am

GasTT wrote:
The highways down here are just perfectly straight.

Back when 95 was built, one of the Presidents, had them put in a perfectly stright three mile stretch every 5mi in the event the shuttle needed to make an emergency landing.

Buy the way, did you see the nicely landscaped land fill off the highway as soon as you get into Port St.Lucie?
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:09 am

you are correct. president eisenhower. hope i spelled it right. but i dont think it was for the shuttle . i believe it was for military landing strips.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:57 am

onehunglo wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Back when 95 was built, one of the Presidents, had them put in a perfectly stright three mile stretch every 5mi in the event the shuttle needed to make an emergency landing.

Buy the way, did you see the nicely landscaped land fill off the highway as soon as you get into Port St.Lucie?

Im pretty sure that when Eisenhower created the interstate system he was the one who dictated that and it was so bombers could land in times of conflict.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:59 am

onehunglo wrote:
GasTT wrote:

I did, it was the highest ground I've seen around here.

We spent the day in South Beach Miami yesterday. There was half naked girls everywhere. European chicks with their tops off just chillin on the beach. Lets just say I was like this all day Shocked but all they saw was Cool lol

We just walked down Ocean Drive saw some kids in their 20's driving Bentleys and Lamborghinis, 4-door Porsches, you name it. Lot's of coke money down there I guess haha. I didn't take any pics I wasn't in the mood to carry a camera around.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Here's some interesting reading for everyone. Even I was wrong about this. But that's never anything new Laughing

1 mile in 5 rule
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:44 pm

tim half naked girls? i dont believe we have a icon for this. but maine has some more wood tonight. lol! coke money? i like pepsi lol! you have to be real careful.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Today we stayed local. We went to Hutchinson Island. It is a few miles from my moms house. Multi million dollar mansions and stuff like that. There's also a nuclear power plant on the island. We went to the beach for a little while. Didn't take many pics most of them were of Kayla lol, those are for me!!

My mom lives on the "Treasure Coast". Supposedly there are lots of sunk pirate ships containing real and valuable treasures. Here is a treasure hunting rig right off the beach. This is the Atlantic Ocean.

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1883p

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1873y

Here's Kayla chillin... Me: "wait a minute whats that?" Kayla: "What, where?"

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1897d

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1895e

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1896y

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1900a

ME

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1905h

k enough

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Dscf1903

Later.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:48 pm

omg. tim. thank you ,thank you ,hey june looked like that 70 years ago. but we all get old. and right now she needs my help. and im there for her. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Florida is so bizarre compared to this area up here, I had a lot of fun down there when I went for the first time about a month ago, I'll have to throw up some pics sometime.

Enjoy your trip! Cool
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:18 pm

easy matt. i cant take much more lol! oh yes please send pics. i love pics. of nice , lean ,clean ,fast, bodys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Haha, I'll be sure to get pics up soon then...Cool

The funny thing about FL is girls, attractive ones, will come up to you and flirt like it's nothing. Every day I encountered it, it was so odd. Unfortunately this was one of those trips where I was with the guy I work with's family rather than a bunch of friends my own age or something like that.

I'm used to girls being negative, cynical, arrogant, depressing, and materialistic gold-diggers on top of ignoring you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Florida's just a more laid back place. People are more outgoing and positive than the people up here. Probably because we're either mad at the cold or dreading it coming back again next year Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:30 pm

bammax wrote:
Florida's just a more laid back place. People are more outgoing and positive than the people up here. Probably because we're either mad at the cold or dreading it coming back again next year Laughing

No its just because I dont like people in general Laughing
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Everyone down here is considerate, polite and very friendly. Almost all the girls are gorgeous. Me and Kayla keep breaking our necks hehehe! Look at that one! look at her! over there!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:58 pm

One thing that surprised me was there weren't really many old cars out and about considering the circumstances...all I saw mostly were 2005 Grand Marquis with severely sundamaged vinyl tops and yellowed headlight lenses. However I did see a lot of things you'd never see up here, like non-rotted out full size Broncos and K5 Blazers here and there.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
bammax wrote:

justin stop it. what are you doing here for.? there isnt one member here that wouldnt help you out if we could. now im getting tired. if you want to talk to me e-mail me at rwcliff@gwi.net. my cell 228-3158. waiting to hear from you. sun.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:19 pm

iceman3201 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
bammax wrote:

justin stop it. what are you doing here for.? there isnt one member here that wouldnt help you out if we could. now im getting tired. if you want to talk to me e-mail me at rwcliff@gwi.net. my cell 228-3158. waiting to hear from you. sun.

I know man. My post was more in jest, I'm a people person, have to be in my line of work. You guys are great and I know if push came to shove I could call on you guys to help. However, there are many people that I see (not here) on a daily basis that make me sit back in awe of the human race.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:22 am

i didnt mean to sound that serious. some times i come across the wrong way. dont mean to. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:40 am

A little update. Didn't do anything too interesting yesterday. I did notice that I've put over 2000 miles on my Eighty Eight in 6 days. Woo hoo!!
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I'm used to girls being negative, cynical, arrogant, depressing, and materialistic gold-diggers on top of ignoring you. Laughing

can we add 'mentally unstable' to the list?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:15 am

SScarlett_Caprice wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

can we add 'mentally unstable' to the list?

Yes, in fact that would probably just cover everything I mentioned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIVE FROM FLORIDA   LIVE FROM FLORIDA Empty

Back to top Go down

LIVE FROM FLORIDA
Page 1 of 1