BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  Empty
PostSubject: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 am

Is anyone planning on a boneyard run this week? Supposedly they have a couple fleetwoods there and before I took the ride, I was hoping I could get some eyes in there to scope out if it'd be worth the trip...

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 am

I was there a couple weeks ago, how new is your info? There was the purple FWB that Tom got his wheels from, however, I don't remember actually seeing the rest of the car there when I was in the yard last. I never even saw that thing enter the yard, it was outside the fence when I had taken pics of it.
There was another one there last fall, I think it was white or silver, and REALLY picked over. But may have had little stuff worth taking.

Jack's is still it's usual self, but seems like they're crushing and disposing of some random cars in the B-body aisle...

The other day I just saw a maroon Fleetwood at Ferris junkyard in Salem, MA, it looked mostly complete but I did notice the side trim on the driver's side was gone. I didn't get a super detailed look at it because I was there with someone trying to find a taillight real quick for a Buick Century, lol.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

I swung by there today. Finished my work early and took a half day. Soon as I got there, it started SNOWING!!!! WTF?!?!? I thought we were done with that. Wink

Anyways, I saw that purple pearl one. Never saw one that color! It even had a purple roof. Cool. Interior was TRASHED though. Boo. There was also a silver 93 that was hit HARD in the back. Shame, cuz it looked like it was a clean car. That must be the picked over one you were talking about. So I struck out with the fleetwoods. I was actually looking for a good tan driver's seat.

I did however, score with some wagon stuff. I finally located a set of "sail" panels and scooped em for 15 bucks for the pair. Sweet! Now hopefully that guarantees that mine will never sail off my car now that I have a spare set. Razz

I'd never been to Jack's before. That entrance road is a little bit scary! I so wanted to hit it at like 40mph! Very Happy

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I swung by there today. Finished my work early and took a half day. Soon as I got there, it started SNOWING!!!! WTF?!?!? I thought we were done with that. Wink

Anyways, I saw that purple pearl one. Never saw one that color! It even had a purple roof. Cool. Interior was TRASHED though. Boo. There was also a silver 93 that was hit HARD in the back. Shame, cuz it looked like it was a clean car. That must be the picked over one you were talking about. So I struck out with the fleetwoods. I was actually looking for a good tan driver's seat.

I did however, score with some wagon stuff. I finally located a set of "sail" panels and scooped em for 15 bucks for the pair. Sweet! Now hopefully that guarantees that mine will never sail off my car now that I have a spare set. Razz

I'd never been to Jack's before. That entrance road is a little bit scary! I so wanted to hit it at like 40mph! Very Happy

What do you think the regulars do with their accords civics and corollas... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Dude, I was at Hollands today looking! Don't bother going there lol. It snowed a little when I was there too.

Where was the purple one? Did you see the RMS? The purple pearl FWB is JUST like the Seinfeld Caddy!

That entrance road sucks, but you should have seen that bridge back about 15 years ago. It was an ancient bridge that had holes in it your car could fall through. They finally replaced it a few years ago, but left it a single lane for whatever reason. For a while, to get to Jack's, you had to go into that industrial park, and then drive down some random-ass road through the woods that came out next to the regular access road. It was kinda fun actually!

When you go up the bridge, you're supposed to ascend it at like 10 MPH leaning on your horn. Half the time, people don't do it, and bomb up, then expect YOU to back up. I had some clown in a UPS truck almost take me out...I let him go, then I go again and some old banged up Altima comes up the other side flying, the guy inside locked up the e-brake and crashed it into the fence and guardrail...then stops and clutches his chest looking at me and he's like "Sorry!" Laughing When I left that day a guy in one of those iced coffee colored FJ Cruisers came over slow like you're supposed to, had his window down and said something like "Thank God"....it's always an experience going to that place even if you don't buy anything.

I need to go back before the brush starts growing, I need to check out the old B's (that no one else here cares about Smile ) that are in the woods and see if I can find anything useful from them.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Dude, I was at Hollands today looking! Don't bother going there lol. It snowed a little when I was there too.

Where was the purple one? Did you see the RMS? The purple pearl FWB is JUST like the Seinfeld Caddy!

That entrance road sucks, but you should have seen that bridge back about 15 years ago. It was an ancient bridge that had holes in it your car could fall through. They finally replaced it a few years ago, but left it a single lane for whatever reason. For a while, to get to Jack's, you had to go into that industrial park, and then drive down some random-ass road through the woods that came out next to the regular access road. It was kinda fun actually!

When you go up the bridge, you're supposed to ascend it at like 10 MPH leaning on your horn. Half the time, people don't do it, and bomb up, then expect YOU to back up. I had some clown in a UPS truck almost take me out...I let him go, then I go again and some old banged up Altima comes up the other side flying, the guy inside locked up the e-brake and crashed it into the fence and guardrail...then stops and clutches his chest looking at me and he's like "Sorry!" Laughing When I left that day a guy in one of those iced coffee colored FJ Cruisers came over slow like you're supposed to, had his window down and said something like "Thank God"....it's always an experience going to that place even if you don't buy anything.

I need to go back before the brush starts growing, I need to check out the old B's (that no one else here cares about Smile ) that are in the woods and see if I can find anything useful from them.

Keep my number handy when you go on that adventure!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Haha, I will. Or you can just follow Tahoes with 7's in the plate number again... Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 am

I'm pretty sure the Seinfeld caddy was medium marblehead metallic, just like my old one. Wink

And they didn't have many boxies. Slim pickins.

I was at Hollands last week, nothing. Sad

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 am

If anyone ever sees a Fleetwood in a yard, I'm looking for the turn signal stalk cover that sits right behind the stalk on the column. Every one I see in the yards has it missing already. Any color will do, and B-body ones are too small.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Heh, that's funny, I always thought it had that "purple ginger ale" look to it (the Seinfeld one). I guess Purple Pearl is a little darker than MMM? I thought your old one was a silver gold color Bill?

Dave, what cover are you talking about, where the stalk actually goes into the column, there's a little plastic cover that pops off? I always thought they all used that same GM steering column design?
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Heh, that's funny, I always thought it had that "purple ginger ale" look to it (the Seinfeld one). I guess Purple Pearl is a little darker than MMM? I thought your old one was a silver gold color Bill?

Dave, what cover are you talking about, where the stalk actually goes into the column, there's a little plastic cover that pops off? I always thought they all used that same GM steering column design?

That's the one. The fleetwood's is a bit larger than the other ones.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Will it come off with a little flathead screwdriver or something? I'll keep my eyes peeled
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Should come off if you pull it towards the rear of the column, no tools needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?    I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?  Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't suppose anyone is going to Jack's in Billerica this week?
Page 1 of 1