BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Gotta love the communication breakdown!

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
1984twodoor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:12 am

This past storm we had I was out working and was instructed to put a plow on the pickup truck and hit a few lots to get things done quicker. I was also told "don't use four wheel drive, it doesn't work."

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlCxbHCxIWYsaLPliVgDeQCsrO4YA3293ueJG-lQp9H1hSHc3l

THAT was a lie

Of course, not wanting to do any damage I didn't try it. Thought a few hours later I was told it did work, he just didn't want me to drive around with it engaged.....WELL NO EFFING SHEEEET! I know that much Rolling Eyes Shows how much faith they have in me right?

Needless to say, had I used four wheel drive the truck would have not gotten stuck (either time) and I wouldn't have hit my tent. The hit didn't hurt it, the weight of the snow crushed it once it was disturbed by the truck sliding into a pole in two wheel drive.

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  429592_10151375874641089_1295044472_n

Luckily the damage wasn't too bad and I was able to fix it today!

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  578998_10151375875321089_374201646_n

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  485081_10151375874781089_831481982_n

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  313811_10151375874721089_1518593949_n

Gotta love the communication breakdown!  480649_10151375874696089_644629843_n

Lesson learned? Ask your boss TWICE what the issue with the vehicle is before you drive it. The only break I can give him is that he was on the highway for over a 24 hours at this point but still...Dude c'mon!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 am

Ok, I don't quite understand.... Why on earth would he tell you NOT to use four wheel drive on a plow truck? Makes no sense? Especially if you wreck or whatever, when you could have avoided the situation with four wheel drive, imagine the liability? Wtf?

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:16 am

1984twodoor wrote:
T
There is your problem right there. It is a Ford... J/K

Actually, those pre 98 trucks are tanks as long as they don't rot away.

Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Wow.....are you the ONE person in the world that listens to your boss?

Note to self...Hire Matt if he goes out lookin... Arrow

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:07 pm

sdstick wrote:

LOL. I kind of thought the same thing.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:47 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Ok, I don't quite understand.... Why on earth would he tell you NOT to use four wheel drive on a plow truck? Makes no sense? Especially if you wreck or whatever, when you could have avoided the situation with four wheel drive, imagine the liability? Wtf?

One of the other drivers ruined a truck driving in four wheel drive all over the place. That's why he didn't want it being used. He should have clarified what he meant though...

IMPALADAKID wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
T
There is your problem right there. It is a Ford... J/K

Actually, those pre 98 trucks are tanks as long as they don't rot away.

LOL listen that truck is a ford I'd love! 7.3 psd in the last good body style made out of metal? Yup ill take it, it is a tank. Funny you should mention the rot...spring hangers look like Swiss cheese...Yeah

sdstick wrote:

Lol hey I'm just trying to do the right thing!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Ha, dude when you posted the pics on FB I figured just the snow did that!?
I'm going to check my tent garage tonight...if it makes you feel better Matt I'll post pics, I'm pretty sure it's flat as a pancake now.

I've been burned by always listening to my boss in the past as well...LOL. When I first started doing tile, he asked me to pick up an order from a place in Danvers because he couldn't fit it all in his van, and I met him down in Saugus. Well it turned out I had to fill my truck with tile from floor to ceiling, from the tailgate to the front seats, put tile on pass. seat, in pass. footwell, everywhere. Ever pick up a box of tile? I had mortar bags too...My truck was like 2 inches above the tires at all the wheel lips and it didn't want to stop once it got going...I had to take back roads the whole way going like 30 MPH. Laughing

My friend had one of those Fords until recently with a slide in dump bed. The spring hangers went in the back and the spring punched a hole through the bed! The sparkplugs always get stuck in the heads too, a lot of them get the heads pulled because of it, lol. I will say for some reason I like riding in those trucks a lot better though, the sill on top of the door panel combined with the bar for the butterfly window is a perfect armrest...
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:34 pm

I'll make you both feel better and post pics of mine that the blizzard took down. I still can't get in the damn thing and know it claimed at the least a RMW dash among other things Sad
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Ha, dude when you posted the pics on FB I figured just the snow did that!?
I'm going to check my tent garage tonight...if it makes you feel better Matt I'll post pics, I'm pretty sure it's flat as a pancake now.

I've been burned by always listening to my boss in the past as well...LOL. When I first started doing tile, he asked me to pick up an order from a place in Danvers because he couldn't fit it all in his van, and I met him down in Saugus. Well it turned out I had to fill my truck with tile from floor to ceiling, from the tailgate to the front seats, put tile on pass. seat, in pass. footwell, everywhere. Ever pick up a box of tile? I had mortar bags too...My truck was like 2 inches above the tires at all the wheel lips and it didn't want to stop once it got going...I had to take back roads the whole way going like 30 MPH. Laughing

My friend had one of those Fords until recently with a slide in dump bed. The spring hangers went in the back and the spring punched a hole through the bed! The sparkplugs always get stuck in the heads too, a lot of them get the heads pulled because of it, lol. I will say for some reason I like riding in those trucks a lot better though, the sill on top of the door panel combined with the bar for the butterfly window is a perfect armrest...

I do love those trucks for how comfortable they are to ride in, even with heavy duty springs and all of that. If that truck wasn't on the edge of being too far gone I'd buy it up in a heart beat and pull the bed off, SEM the frame and replace the suspension parts. It's the diesel so with 109K miles on it now, it'll keep going forever. Maybe I can get paid for my last log of hours with the truck sans plow and EZ-Dumper Laughing

95brmw wrote:
I'll make you both feel better and post pics of mine that the blizzard took down. I still can't get in the damn thing and know it claimed at the least a RMW dash among other things Sad

As a parts hoarder I'll have a moment of silence for you. Surprised Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the communication breakdown!    Gotta love the communication breakdown!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love the communication breakdown!
Page 1 of 1