BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Going on a forum rant.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Going on a forum rant.... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Going on a forum rant.... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Going on a forum rant....

Go down 
+4
Matt Trakker
Bull
IMPALADAKID
bfurches
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bfurches

Going on a forum rant.... Empty
PostSubject: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Alright...I usually bite my tounge and don't say anything....but today is quickly turning into one of those days...

Why the hell is it that every board/ forum (minus this one of course), is so god damn concerned with propper punctuation, or the words used to convey a message versus actually helping with the topic at hand?!

My writing skills may not be that of a senior editor, but I think generally I do a decent job of catching what I can, and getting my point across. If I present an issue or concern, I don't want to hear about where my punctuation should go, how I used the wrong variation of a word, or typed a run-on sentence. This is the internet....not a college report correct?!

I am really sick and tired of going on a board to research information or ask a simple question, and recieve a jackass response from some self proclaimed expert in the field with 150,632,586 posts under his belt.

It is really unfortuante...because I myself know several people in the industry who build, race, fabricate and engineer some REALLY cool shit....but they refuse to come into the black hole we call the net, simply because there are so many assholes who troll the boards with their gazillion posts and have developed a following based on keystrokes as opposed to accomplishments.

Come crawl out of your mothers basement and man-up.....otherwise shut up.

/[End Rant]

(btw...none of this is directed at anyone on this board. I think this is one of the only sites left that maintains a tight knit community of really cool people. Keep it that way.)
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Don't sweat it man. There are those who need to find fault else ware because their life is so unhappy, they feel better about their own problems if they point out someone else's faults. I run into it all the time. Even when it is a simple key stroke fail. I now ask if they are a English teacher?

I can only speak for myself on forums. If I know the answer, I like to give it. If not, I like to learn. And I hate this one line. "Use the search button." I would love to tell someone to F#$$% off, but I don't. I do try to search before posting, but a lot of times I come up empty, so when I do post, I start with. "I did a search, but" ..... That usually shuts them up before they even get started.

Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm an English teacher, and I agree with you 100%. Forums are a place to have relaxed and casual conversation. I hate online grammar Nazis. They are sad little Napoleons.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:41 pm

It's funny, I've been on forums for years of different kinds for different hobbies, photography/urban exploration stuff, cars, trains, blah blah blah. Every forum has it's trolls, people who take things seriously, people who start trouble for their own entertainment. With the urban exploring forum trolls, I've found that most of the time when you meet them in person, they look like and generally befit every characteristic of this guy:

If that is NOT the case, it is always some sardonic, self-important piece of excrement who prides themselves on stepping upon the heads of others to get ahead. They feel accomplished in making YOU feel angry, so don't sweat it, because that's what they want you to do, for sure.

Honestly, once in a while I am a "grammar Nazi", but in general, it's only AFTER someone else acts like a complete and total fool in another way, and is therefore reprehensible for what they wrote (completely unreadable gibberish and "u" for "you", "n" for "and") and so on. Even then, most of the time I'm kidding around, but everyone does that and it's almost always clear. Brandon, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything before that I didn't find to have an above average level of online eloquence, so whoever pissed you off is probably just way off base and an insolent little milquetoast in real life. Laughing

Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

I am just getting tired of recycled garbage information and lies.

If more of the clowns would go out and actually DO something instead of typing how good they THINK they can do something, the world would be a much better place. They would quickly realize the world isnt the black and white place the internet experts have painted it to be.....and there is a whole lot of grey area.

The LSX community is a perfect example.

...can you just imagine what some of those cars could do if they all stopped copying each others setup? It really cracks me up....because when someone finally does think outside the box, and runs the number....well they must be hiding, lying, and cheating because "Camarokid2018isbetterthenyourmomsMustang" said that is wasnt possible at post 35,268 of the 105,438 hes managed to rack up. Theres no congrats. Theres no good job. It's sickening (and no, thats not where this stems from....just an example).

Just like 90% of the field in x275 consists of fox bodies. At what point does it stop? It just scares me to see so much of the internet bullshit spill out into the real life playing field. Maybe I am reading into things too much, but I swear I see more of it every day.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Reasons why I have never put any actual time, effort, or cash into the cougar:

1. Fords are way to expensive to do anything to, they can't idle, even the modded trannys for that car suck...

2. shes rusting a bit

3. The ford guys on the Thunderbird/Cougar forum who are completely insane. The mods will lock and/or delete threads due to someone asking a common question and their only post will be "use the search button." They even have a gif thing that shows a little hand moving the mouse pointer away from new post and over to search....

Some of the guys on there are really cool, some really suck, some are really just gung-ho Ford guys who I cannot stand at all. Diversify your vehicular taste! I'm loyal to GM mostly, but I still bought a ford and I'd do it again! (95-97 7.3 PSD, Older cougar, older comet/cyclone)

I appreciate this rant. study
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Quite frankly, the mods should follow the rules just like everybody else. Telling people if there post are not about the topic they will get deleted, only to come into someones thread and tell someone to use the search button. The correct response is if you reply to a thread. Instead of telling someone to use the search button, help them out. If you know what key words to use, help. That is what forums are for.

Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Quite frankly, the mods should follow the rules just like everybody else. Telling people if there post are not about the topic they will get deleted, only to come into someones thread and tell someone to use the search button. The correct response is if you reply to a thread. Instead of telling someone to use the search button, help them out. If you know what key words to use, help. That is what forums are for.

quoted for the truth.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:24 pm

bfurches wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

quoted for the truth.

bolded for the really important line!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 pm

over the years, i,ve been in some internet tussles,.
some i started,. others i finished,.
i have experience in theses matters,.i,ve been banned more than once by moderators not moderatorating but censoring to suit their personal agenda's
all ways when my opponent has nothing to offer as a come back,. or a difference of opinion backed with facts,.
They go to the spelling nazi drawer and pull out their spellcheck skills and that deflects from the original argument,.
IF someone can understand what i,ve said,. and why i,ve said it,.successful communication has been established.
Too many sanctimonious pricks on the net,. and as was succinctly mentioned key strokes in the virtual world oft times out weigh material world accomplishments.
Quantity, is never a guarantee of quality.

Badass hasn't gone this way yet,. Wink

Nick
still lurking.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Nick, it's called an apostrophe. It's different than a comma. Look it up.

You've been warned.

Wink

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I like to think that if somebody is posting a question on the forum, and wants people to put time and effort into giving a good response, then the OP should put the time and effort into creating a coherant and well worded question with proper punctuation.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Nick, it's called an apostrophe. It's different than a comma. Look it up.

You've been warned.

Wink

SOH'''''''reee,......,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

it's ironic,. i posted this yesterday.
i got banned today from the touchy feely wagon forum,.
way to much estrogen over there,.
i did not swear, in any post,.
but i was banned because arguments are supposed to be done by PM,.
all i was doing was replying to posts tho,.
wonder if the holy roller got banned,.
maybe he.s sent me another PM telling to ask god for forgiveness,.

AAAAARGH!!!
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Which is the touch-feely wagon forum?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going on a forum rant....   Going on a forum rant.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Going on a forum rant....
Page 1 of 1