BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Is there a CV section?  EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Is there a CV section?  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Is there a CV section?  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Is there a CV section?  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Is there a CV section?  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Is there a CV section?  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Is there a CV section?  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is there a CV section?

Go down 
+6
MASShole9C1
1984twodoor
Matt Trakker
V8Killer
toomanytoyz
No Moa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
No Moa

No Moa

Is there a CV section?  Empty
PostSubject: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Picked up this jewel this am, got it for a bunch of labor.

02 CV P71. 94k miles. posi, power everything.

Was an airport security car for the first year, it had issues. Ford bought it back, and completely revamped the car, local SO bought it with 9k on it from ford, and it was the deputys personal car, CID for a bit, then the domestic violence investigators car.

Car is very clean, bunch of antenna holes (the airport had like 10 damn radios) Full light package (blue lights i'm giving back) but had 2 full front and rear strobe kits, Radio console, spotlight. Has a small skip (one of those ford coil junk) surface rust in the rear, no rot that i can see.

I'm going to use it for a runner for the FD and such, and just driv-a hard!!! lol

Is there a CV section?  02_cro10

Is there a CV section?  02_cro11
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Pretty cool. I like the newer ones a lot better than the 97? and older ones... Good score!

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh no.........Fords Surprised
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

V8Killer wrote:

Could be worse,At least it's not a Mazda!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Cool, I've bounced around the idea of getting one because I feel bad they don't make them anymore, and they aren't hard to find for cheap right now either. The plastic guides for the timing chains worry me however.

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Cool, I've bounced around the idea of getting one because I feel bad they don't make them anymore, and they aren't hard to find for cheap right now either. The plastic guides for the timing chains worry me however.

I know of 4-5 of the same area with 220k + on them. No guide problems.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:

buy an 03+ car, 475RW all day over the earlier 470RW (read JUNK) and do a J mod asap
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

buy an 03+ car, 475RW all day over the earlier 470RW (read JUNK) and do a J mod asap

what over what, and do what?

Screw the 03, they were shit, the new alum front member had issues. The 05 + are the best to get, bigger rearend, better under pinning (so the CV guys said)
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

No Moa wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

what over what, and do what?

Screw the 03, they were shit, the new alum front member had issues. The 05 + are the best to get, bigger rearend, better under pinning (so the CV guys said)

The auto transmissions, they suck! 03 was the first year for the 4r75w ( i have no idea the proper sequence for those characters BTW I concentrate more on the caprice) but the one in the cougar is the 70, it went until 02 and it shifts all over the place, it sucks.

I don't know anything about CVs specifically, only that for some reason they live forever over the other 4.6L powered fords.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm

No Moa wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

No argument there cheers . I would drive one over LOTS of other cars.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:31 pm

o ok, transmissions. I know we wanted to pull the tranny out of an 03 (i have one in the back yard for parts) to put in the FD's 05 and it doesnt' fit, the whole working mechanism is different. That was a pita i can tell ya, the tranny might be the same, but the whole computer control isn't. Ended up having it rebuilt for $1200 and it still doesn't go right.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 pm

No Moa wrote:
o ok, transmissions. I know we wanted to pull the tranny out of an 03 (i have one in the back yard for parts) to put in the FD's 05 and it doesnt' fit, the whole working mechanism is different. That was a pita i can tell ya, the tranny might be the same, but the whole computer control isn't. Ended up having it rebuilt for $1200 and it still doesn't go right.

No matter what those trannys suck, sometimes they can get right, but rarely stay that way. The best solution is T56 Laughing

It is strange though that the 03 wouldn't fit in an 05, maybe they had a whole redesign, they sure as shit should have.

Either way 4.6 civi motors are fun in cars, so even if thats for the FD have fun driving it there! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Nice new ride! I like em. I like the sport package vics better tho Cool
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:46 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I like the sport package vics better tho Cool

x2! I looked at one in 2008, but it was tired. Also came close to getting a 2001 Grand Marquis LSE, but in the 20 minutes between telling the dealer on the phone "I'm buying that car; I'll be right over" and getting to the dealership, he sold it :mad:

When my 2004 Grand Marquis dies, I want to get a Marauder and swap the body panels and interior onto it.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 pm

No Moa wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

..... Mazda's Ford"s gay cousin..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:01 pm

94k miles? ........ you got for your physical labor? ........... SCORE!!!!! cheers

......... All those chevy's you bought to flip and you'll gain the most off the ford.... HA!.......

....... post it in NYC CL....... people will suck to deal with, but you will get the most $$$$ from them.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Now, go get a set of those gray/chrome mustang wheels.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:

? Mustang wheels fit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 pm

No Moa wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

? Mustang wheels fit?
Yes. Arrow
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Heres a few examples of mustang wheel to compliment a CV
Is there a CV section?  13018
Is there a CV section?  IMG_1586
Is there a CV section?  Kuhmos2
Is there a CV section?  Vicmeet
Is there a CV section?  Wm021
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I rock the 95 Town Car as a daily driver. It's the most reliable car I have ever owned. It's also one of the least expensive cars I have ever owned. I just took it in for inspection and it only cost me the cost of the inspection.
Easy to fix and utterly reliable. I have left it for a month at a time. Walk up put the key in starts right up every time. I have driven this car to Florida and back. You can go for hours and not be tired.
It's the car I take to the Airport and park in the garage when I am sent out of town.
It's not quick. But it's comfortable and reliable.

Is there a CV section?  Th_2012-03-01_08-24-59_860
Pic is from March First of this year.

222k miles and just some minor surface rust. Original Motor and Transmission. Just a good American built daily driver.

And yes the Transmission can be weird. It has a mind of it's own. But every one of these cars I have driven have transmissions that act this way.
Mustang wheels...Yeah they can be made to fit.
Perhaps when the transmission finally goes it will be time for a Hot Rod Lincoln.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:47 pm

the day i register my caprice my 95 CV will be a small metal square Very Happy or resting forever with a few OCCs in the junk yard
i toyed with the idea of putting my 79 camaros motor/trans/rearend in it just to piss a few people off at the all chevy/all ford shows haha but its just so ugly id rather drive the primer camaro
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 am

YachtDriver wrote:

I rock the 95 Town Car as a daily driver. It's the most reliable car I have ever owned. It's also one of the least expensive cars I have ever owned. I just took it in for inspection and it only cost me the cost of the inspection.
Easy to fix and utterly reliable. I have left it for a month at a time. Walk up put the key in starts right up every time. I have driven this car to Florida and back. You can go for hours and not be tired.
It's the car I take to the Airport and park in the garage when I am sent out of town.
It's not quick. But it's comfortable and reliable.

Is there a CV section?  Th_2012-03-01_08-24-59_860
Pic is from March First of this year.

222k miles and just some minor surface rust. Original Motor and Transmission. Just a good American built daily driver.

And yes the Transmission can be weird. It has a mind of it's own. But every one of these cars I have driven have transmissions that act this way.
Mustang wheels...Yeah they can be made to fit.
Perhaps when the transmission finally goes it will be time for a Hot Rod Lincoln.... Twisted Evil

That hot rod part is exactly what I am thinking for the cougar!

Though I may decide it could be time for an LS1/T56 if I get the right price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a CV section?    Is there a CV section?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a CV section?
Page 1 of 1