BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.

Go down 
+6
sdstick
iceman3201
bowtiepimp
Cadet57
1984twodoor
Pooge
10 posters
AuthorMessage

It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. Empty
PostSubject: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 pm

To start to think about help those in need.
The past few years we have helped Toys For Tots. Phyllis and I both think they are for the most part covered. They are national, and get alot of attention. She suggested either we help a local food bank, or something like Joe Kennedy's Organization that helps with heating fuel. Times are still tough. We still struggle with two jobs. So the idea to help an entire family, or families with the burden of putting food on the table or with the cost to heating their homes this winter sounds better than just helping to put gifts under the tree. We would prefer to see a full warm child, than a cold hungry one with toys.
We could give to either a food pantry who are in desperate need of food and money, as the donations are very thin this year. Or fuel assistance. Or both.
Either way, I would ask Mr Crovo if he would collect the funds again, as this has been a great help in the past.

Remember, I ask you give only what you choose. It can be five or fifty. You decide. Every bit helps. Maybe we all can put together a bag of food or something too.

I will run the poll til the saturday after thanksgiving, or the polls swing one way or the other in a major way.

Thank you
Bill

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I am leery of fuel assistance, I know at least a couple scumbags in my town who have abused it... I'd be more interested in food assistance, a little harder to abuse I think.

Doug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Pooge wrote:
I am leery of fuel assistance, I know at least a couple scumbags in my town who have abused it... I'd be more interested in food assistance, a little harder to abuse I think.

Doug
Good point Doug. I never even thought about that. Surprised
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:08 pm

All to food pantry!

I volunteer at St. Paul's soup kitchen in Lowell and after seeing 22 children hoping to get a small portion of a hot meal I would rather the donations all go to a food pantry or other similar organization.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Another place is organizations helping with storm clean up. I know there are (were) a couple that were set up to help families get back on their feet after the tornado and the hurricane.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
All to food pantry!

I volunteer at St. Paul's soup kitchen in Lowell and after seeing 22 children hoping to get a small portion of a hot meal I would rather the donations all go to a food pantry or other similar organization.

MATT way to go dude! Arrow ...... To hear a guy your age doing that is incredible. karma comes around and it will be in your favor lol!

...... food pantry all day...... The food bank of NH is in need of donations, but they also supply a lot of group homes and rehabs which I'm not a fan of them doing that.
( when locked up as a juv-e punk, i worked there and seen the abuse, things might have changed but i doubt it)

...... local small pantry's like the one in nashua called corpus christi or any similar ones in the area I think would actually help out real familys in need.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
All to food pantry!

MATT way to go dude! Arrow ...... To hear a guy your age doing that is incredible. karma comes around and it will be in your favor lol!

...... food pantry all day...... The food bank of NH is in need of donations, but they also supply a lot of group homes and rehabs which I'm not a fan of them doing that.
( when locked up as a juv-e punk, i worked there and seen the abuse, things might have changed but i doubt it)

...... local small pantry's like the one in nashua called corpus christi or any similar ones in the area I think would actually help out real familys in need.

Thanks Chris, My friends dad/boss/old cub master is on the board of trustees and asks me and his son to come and help out. Makes me really think about how nice it is having a roof and full fridge! <-- Another reason why we should donate to food pantry or something like that. Help others out. Not scums who want free oil.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: It is getting near that time again!   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:51 am

Question Im all for this. Ive done pretty good for myself within the last couple of years. But what im reading so far, its just for nh and mass people. Maine has hungry people also. If we were going to donate money for food, or fuel assistance how about the red cross?
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:36 am

I'm cautious with charity organizations for a few reasons
1) Like Doug mentions above where they allow scammers to benefit
2) Large salaries & perks for the administartion
3) General mis-use of funds
I dont let this stop me, but it does make decisions like this difficult.
I will go with whatever the club agrees to.
(& thanks for always reminding us that we're all in this together Bill M Arrow )

I just heard a radio ad that was promoting Fisher House.
Sounded like this place provides a place for families to stay with/near thier recovering soldier.
Just wanted to throw that idea in. We may however be better off staying local with our collection.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 am

iceman3201 wrote:
................ But what im reading so far, its just for nh and mass people...........

Nope, it was just NH & MA peeps were the only ones posting.
Now that you're here, we're 1 state closer to covering New England.
Waiting for RI & CT (Do we have any Vermont members? I know now Tom isnt Laughing )

iceman3201 wrote:
... how about the red cross?
That works too, they certainly do good work.
I'm no authority but I think the club feels better with local donations....we'll see.
All that matters right now is YOUR in Arrow
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:42 am

I was also going to suggest the Fisher House for a splut with the food pantry... Or food pantry all the way.

Am I handling the donations again?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Am I Am handling the donations again ? !
Fixt

Nice of you to volunteer, we knew we could count on you to take our money Arrow Laughing
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:29 pm

I can get togeather a box of food I can donate. Having grown up with a single parent living on food stamps and food pantrys. I know how important they are. Especially around this time of year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I was also going to suggest the Fisher House for a splut with the food pantry... Or food pantry all the way.

Am I handling the donations again?
If you would like. Arrow

I just climed out from under my rock. What is a Splut? scratch
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm

[quote="IMPALADAKID"]
toomanytoyz wrote:

What is a Splut? scratch

.... subie talk...... he must of forgot what forum he was on jocolor
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Geez! One friggin typo! Split! Lol!

I'd be happy to take youz guy's money again. :-)

Paypal as a gift to bill@uniquekind.net

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: It is getting near that time again!   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:05 pm

i will gladly go with what ever the club thinks is best. And pay-pal will be sent as soon as im done here. It wont be any where near enough to help every one that needs it. But im going away all winter, have to have entertainment money. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm

sdstick wrote:
Do we have any Vermont members?

I can Spit (Or is it Sput?) into Vermont, does that count?
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: It is getting near that time again!   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Pooge, When i was driving , i used to deliver to a power plant in ludlow vt. Is that any way close to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

How does everyone feel about the Salvation Army. They help with homeless and missplaced poverty stricken familys.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Salvation Army sounds like a good way to go!

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:01 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Salvation Army sounds like a good way to go!

Tom
I think so too. It helps so many people. The bell ringers are usually people from the homeless shelters That the Salvation army run.
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:31 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
How does everyone feel about the Salvation Army. They help with homeless and missplaced poverty stricken familys.

Their homophobic agenda turned me off to them recently...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am

chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

scratch
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:24 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

scratch

I found out about it a few years ago, but here's just the first hit I found that explains it
http://www.bilerico.com/2011/11/why_you_shouldnt_donate_to_the_salvation_army_bell.php

This was specifically the reason I had heard about it (from 2004)
Quote :
In 2004, the Salvation Army threatened to close all their soup kitchens in New York City to protest the city's decision to require all vendors and charities doing business with the city to adhere to all civil rights laws. The organization balked at having to treat gay employees equal to straight employees.

and here are 4 non-secular charities that you could consider:

Goodwill (disabled and unemployed)
The Red Cross (medical and emergency relief)
Doctors Without Borders (medical and emergency relief)
Habitat for Humanity (homelessness and housing)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 am

chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

scratch

I found out about it a few years ago, but here's just the first hit I found that explains it
http://www.bilerico.com/2011/11/why_you_shouldnt_donate_to_the_salvation_army_bell.php

Quote :
In 2004, the Salvation Army threatened to close all their soup kitchens in New York City to protest the city's decision to require all vendors and charities doing business with the city to adhere to all civil rights laws. The organization balked at having to treat gay employees equal to straight employees.

and here are 4 non-secular charities that you could consider:

Goodwill (disabled and unemployed)
The Red Cross (medical and emergency relief)
Doctors Without Borders (medical and emergency relief)
Habitat for Humanity (homelessness and housing)
I guess the red cross may not be a good place after all. People are people.
I just want to be able to help the homeless, and those who just don't have the means to help themselves right now. Any good suggestions including just picking a family one of us may know and help out. I don't care who we help, as long a they really need the help. I had picked the Salvation Army because it is everywere, and anyone who donated would be infact helping those in there area.
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 am

Red cross is fine unless i missed something
Habitat for humanity and goodwill are fine choices.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:25 pm

chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

scratch

Quote :

That really doesnt bother me.
Am I a dinosaur in a modern "feel good" society?
If I need to rule out some recipients due to lack of funding, is that cut wrong?
Didnt google gay charities but I bet there are plenty, so if 1 doesnt support freedom so be it.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

OK, I just looked at the calendar & realized theres like 1 week to christmas
What ever happened with this?
Did we collect any money?
Please advise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I am so sorry, I have had some things going on lately, and totally dropped the ball here.

While I do not condone any type of prejudice, I know how the Salvation Army helps communities. I am for donating to them. They help families in need, How they treat their employees is something to be addressed at a different time. Now the people they help could use our help. If people agree, then I think we should start getting our gift together so it can do some good by Christmas.

Again I am very sorry for not staying on top of this. I have no excuse.

Bill
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah, I totally dropped the ball, too. Sorry guys.

So far, I have had one donation... Let's get 'em in and I'll get em out!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Thanks for those who have donated so far. Smile

Last chance to get your donations in. Tomorrow (Friday), I will be making the donation at the Salvation Army, as that seems to be the general consensus.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 am

I know a guy that will match all donations the club collects.

He said he'd wait until the last minute guys kick in.

Merry Christmas to all.

For those that do / did donate .....well...... you know cheers
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks to your generosity, we were able to donate $500 to the Salvation Army this year! Thank you to all that donated! Very Happy

I am also going to try to get my company to match it too. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 pm

That is awesome news. Thank you.

Thank you Bill for collecting again. santa

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.   It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in. Empty

Back to top Go down

It is getting near that time again! Lets get them donations in.
Page 1 of 1