BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Doug's Official LS Build thread

Go down 
+19
chapel
bowtiepimp
V8Killer
1984twodoor
outragis
GasTT
JRS9C1
M.ROSS
bfurches
Matt Trakker
laidlow91
sdstick
toomanytoyz
No Moa
boojum
Cadet57
Tomz9C1
bammax
Pooge
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Woot! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Ls1 intake for clearance I'm guessing? I have the 5.3 in the work truck and doesn't seem like it would fit a car too good Question
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
Ls1 intake for clearance I'm guessing? I have the 5.3 in the work truck and doesn't seem like it would fit a car too good Question

I'll tell ya. Having seen it in person, it fits wicked good. I was impressed. This thing will be sweet when Doug finishes it up.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm

This was a VERY quick test fit, just to throw it on there. The TB lines up, so it looks like that will work. I will need to trim the FEAD right where the idler pulley goes and relocate the idler pulley to under the alternator. Hopefully that is all, but it looks like the throttle mech. might interfere with the water pump intake also...I may have to get creative there... This weekend I will do a more serious fit.

This baby clears the lip at the top of the firewall by like 2-3"!
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor034

I may try to get the tranny and a stock rolling rear end installed this weekend, as well as some interior BS that needs to be put back together. Starting to look like a complete car!

JRS9C1 wrote:

Believe it or not, the truck intake only hits the lip at the very top of the firewall, where the back of the hood sits, and it is only about an inch too tall. The LS1 intake is MUCH shorter and looks about 100 times better anyway.

Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:11 pm

There is another cast area next to your water outlet.
I bet you could get a water pump that the outlet comes out the front
I know you dont want to pull it apart but.....

Pooge wrote:
........I will need to trim the FEAD right where the idler pulley goes and relocate the idler pulley to under the alternator.
I didnt get this. Trim why? I'm just trying to follow you here.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm

sdstick wrote:
There is another cast area next to your water outlet.
I bet you could get a water pump that the outlet comes out the front
I know you dont want to pull it apart but.....

Pooge wrote:
........I will need to trim the FEAD right where the idler pulley goes and relocate the idler pulley to under the alternator.
I didnt get this. Trim why? I'm just trying to follow you here.

Yah, you can use the Camaro water pump, but you have to space it out to match the offset of the pullies from the motor on the truck accessories.

The FEAD is the big cast aluminum (mine is painted black) block that holds the alternator and power steering. You'll notice the picture shows the FEAD has a little nub with a bolt hole in front of where the throttle body goes (The old idler mount). This needs to be trimmed off and the idler pulley relocated. I did a lot of digging and it looks like if you get a longer bolt you can replace the bolt that holds the FEAD to the block just under the alternator and mount the idler there. This weekend will tell for sure though!

Doug
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

OK thanks. I thought the pully to the left was the idler
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:40 am

Wouldn't it be easier to find a LS1 FEAD, I read that or a GTO 6.0 one would work? But I know u have done your homework.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am

No Moa wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to find a LS1 FEAD, I read that or a GTO 6.0 one would work? But I know u have done your homework.

Well it is and isn't easier, seems all the car FEADs sit close to the motor, they are not offset like the truck, so I would have to adjust them to match up with the crank pulley. I would rather get a little creative and avoid having to purchase anything that I don't "Have to". This is a "budget build" after all Wink

I was trying to avoid NEEDING the Ls1 intake so that I would not have to go through all this, but the truck one just didn't fit, so I want to be as creative and money-tight as I can.

Doug
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Ah ok, never thought of that the distance or the truck crank pulley. How about chopping the firewall?

LOL KIDDING!!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:30 pm

I KNOW you have a sawzall... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:09 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I KNOW you have a sawzall... Wink

The FEAD was removed and placed on the bench this evening, perhaps the Sawzall will make it's triumphant return tomorrow night.

Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, there was a flurry of work tonight in the garage. My buddy Mike who has his '57 Chevy pickup project here, came over and helped me with a few things, and of course worked on his truck.

Here she is! No injectors installed yet (Need clips), and a longer belt.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor038

Here is the clearance at the water pump inlet, a little thumping was needed. I will eventually upgrade to the '07+ water pump that has the outlet going toward the front rather than up, other than that they are the same. Until I get the newer water pump I wont be able to run cruise control. No biggy.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor039

Here is the clearance after trimming the idler mount off the truck FEAD.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor040

Here is the clearance at the ABS module. I had to slide it over about half and inch, widening out the bolt holes.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor037

Here is the relocated idler with the belt "installed", it is obviously a bit short, I am holding it, instead of it being on the tensioner, but it shows the short clearances of the belts, but IT SHOULD WORK!
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor042

Final shot of the undercarriage, the passenger front heat shield is missing. Does anyone have one?
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor041

And here is one of my buddy Mike's LT1 that came from one of my parts cars. He painted it up today; A darker silver block with flat black valve covers and timing cover. Waterpump is going to be a bright silver with a red cover, red distributor, and red plug wires. It should look pretty damn sharp!
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor044

More to come, going to paint the tranny up silver and hopefully get it installed next weekend. Also going to shoot for getting the stock rear installed so I can build the gut-less one that is in there now.

Doug
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:12 pm

The Bellys looking good.
Do me a favor and make sure you lock up tonite .
I'm coming to get those heat sheilds. affraid
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Check out my huge bulge!!!!

Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor046

Looks like a little side project for me Wink Thanks for the suggestion Brad! The picture does not do justice to just how big the bulge really is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Pooge wrote:
Check out my huge bulge!!!! The picture does not do justice to just how big the bulge really is.

Are we still talking about the hood.......... or something else. scratch
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 pm

I hope you are only thinking of the hood, Bill.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Did a little work on the hood tonight! A quick test fit and believe it or not the stock hood would work without insulation! HOWEVER, it is close enough to the alternator that it would not make me comfortable. I went ahead and blazed a hole with the help of a whiz wheel and my trusty SawZall.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor049

I then went ahead and cut out the Eclipse hood bulge and threw it on top of the hood to see what we were looking at... The eclipse hood has a bit more of a natural curve to it, but not by more than 1/4 inch, so I think it can be worked out. The primer on the bulge makes it look a lot worse than it really does. I need to trim the Eclipse cut-out section down a bit as it sits right on the natural hood line of the Impala. A quick trim should solve that and we might be into some welding this weekend!
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor050
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor051

I think it is going to look a bit different, but I doubt anyone else will have one, and I like that.

Doug
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm

I like it. Now people will think you've got a turbo in there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Sorry Doug
I try to always give my honest opinion. Even if it works, it just looks out of place on that big hood. Maybe hit the scrap yards for some kind of bolt on scoop until you can aford to buy a cowl hood or something. There is a company the makes metal cowl scoops that get welded in. For the amount of metal work involved in grafting that bulg in, it would be just a bit more for a real cowl induction scoop.
http://www.restorationperformance.com/servlet/the-129591/No/Detail
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks for the honest opinion Billy, trust me that it looks a LOT better in person. I am still going to give it a shot, it was a spare hood and a quick tack weld this weekend after some trimming will give me a more "honest" idea of what it will look like. If after the tack welding I don't like it I can just zip it off and try something else.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Here is an updated pic of the bulge after some trimming and a few spot welds. I covered the cleaned weld line in electrical tape and then spray bombed the bulge in black to kind of uniform the hood to give an idea of what it will look like....I'm thinking I am going to go forward with it, hope to weld it all up this weekend and maybe get a coat of bondage on it too.

pics look like hell, too much crap in the air i guess...

Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor054
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor052
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Impalamotor053

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

I knew you had a ricer trapped somewhere deep inside of you, Dougie. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I like it. It looks pretty cool Doug.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I knew you had a ricer trapped somewhere deep inside of you, Dougie. Wink

I tried to keep it a secret, but I did have a built 1994 D16Z6 Civic coupe. I still think that generation civic coupe is the best looking little car out there. I painted it myself with a single stage bright blue with heavy flakes.....

Ok, sorry back to the big cars! This weekend should bring the rear end, tranny, and gas tank install.

Doug
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Maybe Doug can paint my car for me in his new shop once the quarters get patched Wink

Single stage urathane silver. Then the top dyed black Very Happy
Back to top Go down
outragis

outragis

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:07 am

great! hopefully I can come over and see it this week! bounce
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm

LS conversion harness came today, incredible build quality on it, can't wait to install it!

I have all of Sunday reserved for working on the car, so hopefully we see some serious progress.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Transmission installed, rear end installed, STOCK DRIVE SHAFT FITS!!!!!

Put the power rails on the Summit seats I snagged from Drew before he sold his car. Also gutted the interior, time for a new carpet I think.

Did I mention the stock drive shaft fits? cheers

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

I can't believe the stock driveshaft fits! That's awesome! Very Happy

Where are the pics??? Smile
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 am

Thats awesome Doug!

You MAF shipped at 9 am. you should see it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. This busted ankle is really f'in me up.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:40 pm

No Moa wrote:
Thats awesome Doug!

You MAF shipped at 9 am. you should see it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. This busted ankle is really f'in me up.

No problem man, thanks for hooking me up. I was telling Crovo today that I have another 6-8 hundred bucks in things I still NEED to buy for the swap, and more than I can count that I WANT, so there was no huge hurry

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 am

Well this update is about 6 months overdue, but life happens, so here you go....

Just as an FYI: The car is now fitted with an H3 oil pan which easily clears the cross member, but sits about a full inch lower than the crossmember, for a DD I would not care for this, but this will be a weekend cruiser, so I can be careful.

What has been done:

-After fit issues with the mounts and oil pan, kit manufacturer has resolved them and the motor is bolted back in
-Carpet was the only weak point in the car, a power washer and some dish soap did absolute wonders, looks brand new
-Al came over this past weekend and helped me bolt the 4.11 rear in the car, so that is all hooked up
-Rear calipers have been replaced with the originals from the 40K mile car with new pads and rotors
-A MINTY set of SS wheels are mounted on the car with good rubber
-All fuel related parts are done minus the aux.power lead for the heavy duty fuel pump

Plans for this weekend (after I finish my taxes):

-drill new holes and bolt up tubular tranny cross member
-Run lead for fuel pump
-bolt up the intake manifold that was taken off to remove the engine again (hopefully for the last time)
-reinstall TQ converter bolts
-reinstall drive shaft
-final boltup of headers
-Put a "T" in the front steamer line under the intake
-move ABS unit over about and inch to clear power steering tank
-Figure out power steering hoses

If there is time:
-install harness
-Bolt up all under hood accessories (power steering, coolant tank, etc)

Trying not to rush myself, but boy is it getting close! I'm planning a half day tomorrow and a half day Sunday at the least.

Doug

Last edited by Pooge on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 am

First mod day at Doug's place to see it start! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Can't wait to see how this works out for you. I think I'm excited!

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Way to go, Doug! Almost there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 am

I really want to see this thing done!

Then get right to work on the diesel caprice lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 am

ok,late update, and as usual, not as far as I wanted to get...

-Power steering is hooked up
-4.11 rear is fully installed
-Rear brakes are stripped, waiting on picking up some wheel studs today to finish bakes tonight
-Intake is on, but not bolted, because we need to cap a bung and pick up a pcv sensor or whatever one that is on the back.
-Aux. power for fuel pump half run

Pathetic I know, but I am down to such simple, time consuming things, that it is hard to keep myself motivated! That and we just got a new puppy, so I am trying to spend as much time with her as I can, training and such.

Doug
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Pooge wrote:
.......... That and we just got a new puppy, so I am trying to spend as much time with her as I can, training and such.

Doug

Ya so.....
Dont piss on the wheels....thats easy.
Go take mumma for a walk...again....easy
Fetch....
Bud Light....not so hard, it's opening the fridge thats tough.
It CAN be very challenging to teach it the difference between a 3/8 & 1/2 drive.

What kind of puppy??? Pics????
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:02 am

ok, a couple updates... Seems I only get myself motivated to work on this thing if I think someone else cares if it gets done...LOL...So let me do my updates and you guys can ignore them till something actually interesting gets done in the build.

Last night I got a few things done:

-Installed tank straps on gas tank
-Ran the Racetronix harness
-installed new rear wheels studs
-Resembled brakes and installed SS wheels
-Installed torque converter bolts

Tonight I should have some more time, we will see what kind of trouble I can get into.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Dudes, I got some serious work done today!

-hooked up tranny lines
-installed cruise control module
-installed coolant tank and wiper tank
-painted PCM cover (will be installing some SS logos on it too)
-installed heater hose (Al talked me into keeping heat)
-installed radiator hoses
-installed fender supports
-installed complete wire harness minus a couple plugs Im still trying to find
-laid out the Blazer console, no good way to install it in the 96 without some work, so I'll likely just install the shifter and deal with a console later

It's looking like I need to pick up a couple small things like a map sensor and antifreeze and I might get lucky and fire this bitch next weekend

A quick link to the engine bay picture I took this afternoon...SO CLOSE!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7011167&l=40c9eb8079&id=508206315

Doug

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Sure does look nice in there!

I can't wait til you hit the key! Nice work!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Hooked up the last of the plugs last night, hooked up the starter, and made a list of what else I needed.

This morning I picked up new U-joints, trans pan filter, MAP sensor, and some vacuum caps. Tonight I plan to close off the PCV system and change the u-joints and tranny filter.

Tomorrow: Install headers for good.

Friday/Saturday the o2 sensors will be in along with a couple valve cover breathers to finish off the PCV removal.

I REALLY want to start the car this weekend!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 pm

This is proving to be a better indicator of spring then the Farmers Almanac. cheers
Must admit...
When I saw the full page write-up in the Secret Society newsletter, my interest peaked.
Is this car going to Epping this year?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Holy freakin crap. I cant wait to see that thing going. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:02 pm

sdstick wrote:
This is proving to be a better indicator of spring then the Farmers Almanac. cheers
Must admit...
When I saw the full page write-up in the Secret Society newsletter, my interest peaked.
Is this car going to Epping this year?

Yes, plan is to have it running long before then and have all the bugs worked out for the drag day.

Cadet57 wrote:
Holy freakin crap. I cant wait to see that thing going. cheers

You have no idea! I am tired of looking at a beautiful car sitting in my garage knowing it needs work to be on the road when I want to drive it.

Sorry if the updates are boring, but it helps me catalog just how much work and time there is into it. It is getting to be a bit of a nickle/dime ordeal finishing it off.

Another update I forgot: I also dropped the bulge hood and driver mirror off at the paint shop and should have those back in the next week or so.

Doug
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:36 pm

What stall is the torque converter?
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
What stall is the torque converter?

Currently it is whatever is stock on a 2002 Sierra 1500 2WD.... :shrug:

We will see how it does, a T56 swap is planned for next winter, so I'm slushing it up for this year.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Didn't get to start it, still need to figure out the negative battery terminal, since the car had a custom setup.

Here is how the engine bay looks right now... (BTW, the wiper fluid container is not a structural leaning spot)
Is VERY, VERY dusty.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96002
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96001

Because Im trying to make this look as stock as possible, I modified the stock PCM holder to accept the LS PCM
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96007

View from out back
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96006

Just picked up the hood and mirror, loving the hood bulge better now that it is painted.
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96004
Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 96005

Loving taking the time to do all the little stuff, but so antsy to get it started!

Doug

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Hey, we've all cracked at least ONE reservoir! lol

Lookin badass, dude!

Even with the silly ricer hood. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doug's Official LS Build thread   Doug's Official LS Build thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doug's Official LS Build thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next