BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...

Go down 
+3
toomanytoyz
iceman3201
Cadet57
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... Empty
PostSubject: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:56 pm

...And I am NOT happy about it. I was driving to work yesterday morning when this c**t in a Neon plowed into me when she failed to notice the traffic in front of her wasn't moving yet. She was apparently displeased my car could not push an Expedition out of the way. I spent the morning in the ER where it was found I contused (bruised) my knee bone and f**ked up my back. The Jetta needs a new bumper, new exhaust and possibly a new trunk. I feel bad for whatever poor rental car they give me, thing will have the piss beat out of it. Hey, its on Arbella's dime Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Sorry to hear about that Justin. At least you can write to tell the story. I hope your back gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: owww... got rear ended in the jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:21 pm

justin you ok? in a way you should of been in the wagon. you wouldnt even have a bruise. we have a member. who got t-boned by a tractor trailer. he was (is) messed up bad. people dont pay attention. peroid.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:27 pm

iceman3201 wrote:
justin you ok? in a way you should of been in the wagon. you wouldnt even have a bruise. we have a member. who got t-boned by a tractor trailer. he was (is) messed up bad. people dont pay attention. peroid.

Im hanging in there, knee is a little better, neck hurts like all hell and my back feels like its in a few pieces at the moment. Yesterday I *almost* took the wagon too. If I did, she'd probably be lucky if the car would even be drivable. She's also lucky she wasn't cited for driving like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:29 pm

That sucks, Justin. Sad

Here's to a speedy recovery! Smile

And... Just so you know... It was a sign not to bother driving that import crap anymore... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Don't be suprised if they write off the Jetta. Rear end collisions tend to do a fair bit of harm to unibodies.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

bammax wrote:
Don't be suprised if they write off the Jetta. Rear end collisions tend to do a fair bit of harm to unibodies.

I'll be pissed if they do. I have gap insurance but id rather not start paying for another car all over again (unless its a wicked nice b-body Cool ) I mean the car was drivable, (still driving it infact) but the adjuster even said he can't tell if there isnt any sort of underbody damage. Then again, the car is also an '03 with 101k on the clock...
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:42 pm

Ask Rich about what it takes to write off a car. His was still driveable and it had an actual frame too
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, it's going into the shop on Monday. Hopefully they'll fix it. I'd rather not go car shopping right now. I dont have any money to throw down on a new car nor the finances (currently duking it out with my school over a student loan). If they total it, they can buy that nice RMS down in Saugus for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm going to the dr's again tomorrow. My back and neck are getting very uncomfortable. if it gets any worse tonight, I'm going back to the ER. Screw this tylenol and ice bs.
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:53 pm

sucks dude, sorry to hear.

Be careful with Arbella, they like to play games, don't let them b/s you. Ive been there, done that....a few times...

If you need anything, hit me up.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

I would go see a lawyer about that back. Drop some mods into the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:27 am

GasTT wrote:
I would go see a lawyer about that back. Drop some mods into the wagon.
\

Seconded. You never know what might have actually happened when the impact hit, I know people with nerve damage from getting in relatively minor rear end collisions!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Went to the Dr's today. I have whiplash and back spasms. They have me on vicodin and muscle relaxers. If i'm not improved in a week they're going to send me for xrays and physical therapy. I can't believe such a small accident caused so much pain...
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: owww... got rear ended in the jetta   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

justin be careful of the vicodin. and dont drink with them. now ive met you. your a good size man. imagine what an smaller person would go threw. but then again you can never tell. just do what the drs tell you. you still going to the drags? are you in a neck brace?
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

dude, if you want i can set you up with the lawyer I used (his secretary is my neighbor).

When that a-hole hit me head on in my monte carlo I had a pretty bad knee injury. We ended up settling for some decent money in under a year. Im not saying do it for the money, but at first I thought I was fine, and my condition got worst....so you never know.

And as stupid as it may sound....go to a chiropractor! They work.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

bfurches wrote:
dude, if you want i can set you up with the lawyer I used (his secretary is my neighbor).

When that a-hole hit me head on in my monte carlo I had a pretty bad knee injury. We ended up settling for some decent money in under a year. Im not saying do it for the money, but at first I thought I was fine, and my condition got worst....so you never know.

And as stupid as it may sound....go to a chiropractor! They work.

We have one my family uses, but thanks for lookin out, my folks have been discussing it.... A friend suggested a chiropractor too she works at one in NoHo.

iceman3201 wrote:
justin be careful of the vicodin. and dont drink with them. now ive met you. your a good size man. imagine what an smaller person would go threw. but then again you can never tell. just do what the drs tell you. you still going to the drags? are you in a neck brace?

Yeah, the NP already warned me not to mix booze and the meds (there goes part of the weekend Surprised i kid lol) . The ER doc said the same thing, me being a bigger guy definitely helped in the getting banged up department. He said that it would have taken alot more than a 20 mph hit to mess me up seriously. No brace. As for the drags, not sure yet, They're going to revaluate me next week. If I feel like I do then like I do now, there is no way I can drive two hours up to NED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...   Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta... Empty

Back to top Go down

Owww...Got Rear Ended in the Jetta...
Page 1 of 1