BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Look what I picked up today! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Look what I picked up today! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Look what I picked up today! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Look what I picked up today! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Look what I picked up today! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Look what I picked up today! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Look what I picked up today! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Look what I picked up today! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Look what I picked up today! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Look what I picked up today!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Look what I picked up today! Empty
PostSubject: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Look what I picked up today! LookWhatIPickedUpToday

And I wasn't even looking for one!

(there was also about an inch and a half IN THE TIRE!)
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

If your not using it, can I have it? Any pics from inside the tire. Razz

Seriously, that sucks dude.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

It's not so bad. Sure did make a lot of noise hitting the inner fenderwell though!!! Wink

I plugged the tire when I got home. Hopefully it'll seal up over night, it was still leaking a little when I put it back on. The hole the bolt left was effin HUGE! If it's still leaking in the morning, I'll see if I can have the mechanic at work patch it from the inside.

Not really a big deal, as it's a snow tire and it's the end of the season. Not even sure if they'd make it another winter as they are pretty close to the wear bars now. Only thing that does suck a bit is that the rims and tires I was gonna put on it won't fit until the impala disc rear is in there and I get the fender lips and trim rolled... So I'm left with having to put the SS's wheels on it, seeing as it's not using them anyways. Wink Only thing is, that I couldn't find the lock socket for the wheels or I woulda changed them over tonight. Dammit. cherry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 pm

I hope it did not damage the car.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 pm

DANG! That is huge, pointed or a regular bolt?

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 pm

It didn't damage it.

And it is a pointed, course thread bolt. Like 8-10 INCHES long!
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 pm

WOW Shocked . Where did you pick that up? Might have been one of those phone company/power crews dropping bolts in the road Razz Ahh, just throw those on the back when we head up to the airport.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 pm

V8Killer wrote:
WOW Shocked . Where did you pick that up? Might have been one of those phone company/power crews dropping bolts in the road Razz Ahh, just throw those on the back when we head up to the airport.

That's the first thing I thought! I bet it's a power attachment of sorts. We don't use any that long. Damn those utility companies! Very Happy

I found it in Windham on 111 right near exit 3 where all those poles have recently been replaced.

Hey, uh... Know how to roll a fender without hurting the body lines?
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

That's the first thing I thought! I bet it's a power attachment of sorts. We don't use any that long. Damn those utility companies! Very Happy

I found it in Windham on 111 right near exit 3 where all those poles have recently been replaced.

Hey, uh... Know how to roll a fender without hurting the body lines?
I did it on the T if you want to take a look. Slow, pain in the a** process. You can certainly do it without hurting the body, but it WILL crack the paint all off in the area you do it. You might be able to slightly tweak it with the "wooden bat" trick, but I don't think that will give you enough of what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 am

When I first saw the pic my reaction was "you should return it since it's bent and all". Looks a bit rusty too. I'd bring it back where you found it and exchange it for a straight one. Damn factory defects. That's what you get with imported chinese bolts Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Look what I picked up today!
Page 1 of 1