BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?

Go down 
+4
waynes91
BoSStonsSS
toomanytoyz
silverfox103
8 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103

silverfox103

How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? Empty
PostSubject: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 am

Littleton NH---9 inches. Plow just came, I cleared the walkway and the cars. The wagon and NYR are in the garage, our everyday cars, that we depend on, have to fend for themselves outside.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:52 am

I snow-blowed about 6 inches yesterday, mid day. Was only another inch or so out there when I went to bed. There's another 6" or so out there now, too. Gonna head out and snow-blow that shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 am

we got a couple of inches here and there, but the wind kicked my ass last night Mad
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am

only a few inches enough to play with the snow blower i do 2 other houses there older folks that cant shovel along with mine, that big one we had a few weeks ago i was out snow blowing for 9 hrs, i was some cold, had to sit to pee couldnt find it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:12 pm

We go nine or ten total.

My 24 year old blower got used for the first time this morning since its rebuild. I had to stop once to adjust the belt, but after that she was shooting snow as far as my neighbors new Ariens. cheers

https://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/bad-talk-f5/my-new-winter-beater-t923.htm
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:15 pm

It's hard to tell what we got in Malden, because there's snow drifts all over the place...in some places the wind blew the snow away right down to the grass. Laughing

We did get a decent amount though, I have to go clean off my car somewhat and shovel it out again. Wish I picked up the old Ariens my friend is selling me this weekend instead of later...

My idiot neighbor keeps blowing all the snow into our yard from his driveway instead of doing something else with it. I wouldn't care if my truck wasn't backed up 4 feet from the fence...there'll be hell to pay if he screwed up the back of my trucks with rocks and all that crap...

Last edited by Matt Trakker on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Didn't get too much snow. My caprice is tucked in the garage thankfully. My silhouette and 88 covered in snow. No shoveling for my as I dislocated my shoulder yesterday. I did buy one of those cool 'sno brum' things. Clearing snow is a breeze and its supposed to prevent scratches. I recommend it to everyone especially those of you with wagons. It extends pretty long and I can clear my whole van in about a minute from one side.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

The truck died (fuel pump?) so we had to push it in the garage with the plow attached. That really wasn't fun.

Good new is I only have to remove one tank strap. The cross member that the tank straps are attached to is 1/2 rusted away. Smile
Also noticed another rusty brake line. Time for a new(er) truck. Have to check with the banker.

I suppose it could be worse: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showpost.php?p=2225548&postcount=22
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Well it was the fuel pump. Replaced it with a low mileage (100K) used one. Tomorrow I'll finally plow the driveway and then check the brake line.

Do you think it's safe to run 1/2 tank of gas with just one strap?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 pm

boojum wrote:
Well it was the fuel pump. Replaced it with a low mileage (100K) used one. Tomorrow I'll finally plow the driveway and then check the brake line.

Do you think it's safe to run 1/2 tank of gas with just one strap?

That's what racheting tie downs were made for. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
boojum

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:39 am

I don't think there is anything left to hook up a ratchet strap. The strap itself is fine.

The tank is close to the trailer hitch. I might be able to weld a bracket to the hitch. I'm thinking something like a F-Body rear sway bar mount turned upside down, if it's long enough.

As I type this now I remember where I saw the bracket I need, Anthony's front top shock mount.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 am

I don't know about shoveling, but I scraped my windows and it was 55 degrees yesterday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?   How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much snow did you get and are you done shoveling?
Page 1 of 1