BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mp775

mp775

Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm Empty
PostSubject: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/01/02/reporter-billy-baker-interviews-his-dad-about-informal-rules-snow-parking-south-boston/TDX6oPTNK7vyEE2OQ8CbPJ/video.html
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

I don't get it scratch

So this guy spends time shoveling ONE space and is pissed someone parks in it after?
What's it take to shovel a spot? 20 minutes? Rolling Eyes 

How about some of these city guys come out and shovel my 60' driveway and see if the still complain  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:11 pm

^Shovel out your driveway by hand, then go to work, get pissed at work, come home, and find out 25 cars of people who do not live at, nor have any business being at your house, are in the driveway, and you have no place to park.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:15 pm

I've always been split on this. On one hand, I agree with the guy. And you KNOW there are a lot of yuppie, non-Bostonian, non-accented douches living around there today who do not shovel out their Acura MDX and then try to park someplace they kinda shouldn't.

However, I also grew up with an unspoken rule that the spot in front of your house went with your house. When I first bought my old Suburban, I shoveled out a spot to park it when I brought it home. This was my "first car" kind of, mind you. Get home, some asshole from across the street parked in the spot, in front of my house.  Evil or Very Mad 

So I parked it on the grass for some city-owned lot across the street, then for the rest of the winter, I piled up a ton of snow and then parked my truck on top of it in that spot...so no one else could get in there with a car.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm

I only live in places where my car can live too.

Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm

^ THIS  Arrow 
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Yep. I would NEVER, EVER live in Boston, or any place that did not have at least an off-street parking spot. I don't know how people do it, but they are probably the same people who don't like cars, use Zipcar, maybe have a Honda Fit with 8K miles but about 200K miles worth of dents, and like Hillary Clinton on Facebook.
 Laughing

I've done work on several homes there, and it's ridiculous. Two different places in The South End, right off Washington St. on the edge of the, well pretty much the ghet-toooooo. One unit was the top floor of a brick townhouse, and it had sold for hundreds of thousands more than what your average home in Medford or Melrose would. The other was the top two floors of a similar townhouse three blocks away, they paid ONE MILLION DOLLURZ for it! Literally! THEN had to renovate it! The more expensive one had a parking spot in an alleyway out back, on dirt, with people walking down the alley constantly. The other place had no place to park. We had to circle the block to find a place to park the van after unloading the tools and wetsaw.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 pm

I stayed in Cambridge once, and I had to constantly move my car. Drove me insane.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Yep. I would NEVER, EVER live in Boston, or any place that did not have at least an off-street parking spot. I don't know how people do it, but they are probably the same people who don't like cars, use Zipcar, maybe have a Honda Fit with 8K miles but about 200K miles worth of dents, and like Hillary Clinton on Facebook.
 Laughing

I've done work on several homes there, and it's ridiculous.  Two different places in The South End, right off Washington St. on the edge of the, well pretty much the ghet-toooooo.  One unit was the top floor of a brick townhouse, and it had sold for hundreds of thousands more than what your average home in Medford or Melrose would.  The other was the top two floors of a similar townhouse three blocks away, they paid ONE MILLION DOLLURZ for it!  Literally!  THEN had to renovate it!  The more expensive one had a parking spot in an alleyway out back, on dirt, with people walking down the alley constantly.  The other place had no place to park.  We had to circle the block to find a place to park the van after unloading the tools and wetsaw.

LOL! that first part was pretty spot on. I've seen plenty of Aveo's at work with like 5K miles on them, trashed bumpers and gouged up tires. At least they drive a "Chevy" right? You can always guess where they live, check on it and it says Cambridge  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:13 pm

When I lived in Manhattan, I parked in my father's driveway in Pawtucket. If I needed a car, I took the bus up and got it. Took less time than finding a parking space.

I think the whole "dibs" thing is stupid. Chances are whoever took "your" space dug themselves out somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm   Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm Empty

Back to top Go down

Pahkin in Southie after a snow storm
Page 1 of 1