BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds

Go down 
+2
1984twodoor
Matt Trakker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds Empty
PostSubject: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Has anyone ever gone to this show?  It's apparently in August and while it has all sorts of different stuff, there is a notable vintage police car presence as well.  

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 6671710603_10a502944c_z

http://www.tunebytuna.com/car_show.htm
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Has anyone ever gone to this show?  It's apparently in August and while it has all sorts of different stuff, there is a notable vintage police car presence as well.  

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 6671710603_10a502944c_z

That could be a cool venue for Justin's meet!

If not that ^ I would be down to go. I have to head that way for some pahhhts anyway
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Agreed. I'll probably be there if anyone ends up going. I thought it was the following weekend. But I dont think I can change the date a 3rd time Laughing 

I used to go to the Tuna show every year. Last time I went was maybe 9-10 years ago, but it's a good show, always a good crowd, and the police exhibit is cool. Lots of old cruisers. Several 9C1's of various vintage always there too.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:54 pm

I have a picture of that LTD from maybe 10 years ago. I forget where it was. I think its one of the single headlamp years before the duals. 83?84?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:55 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I have a picture of that LTD from maybe 10 years ago. I forget where it was. I think its one of the single headlamp years before the duals. 83?84?

The Springfield one? Its a '79
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:56 pm

The duals were around from the beginning in 1979, but if you got an LTD "S" it had the 2 big sealed beam headlights instead of quads. You never, ever see those anymore!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I had an 87,88, and 89 all P71s. Rotted.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Here's another picture of it. *Edit, look at the blue municipal plate, "1979" Cool Razz 

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds Vic301
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure that the "S" was only available until 1982. In 1983, they stopped putting the "FORD" emblem on it, and used the blue oval that came back into use around that time. It was then that the LTD name went to the Fox body cars and the big one became the LTD Crown Victoria (you could get one before that on the original Panthers but it was an option package with landau roof, etc.)

In Canada, I'm pretty sure that Mercury sold a version of the Marquis called a Meteor or a Marquis S or something like that, which was a totally bare bones Marquis Panther with like no trim on it and no options. Like the Canadian Bel Air that went to 1981 or whatever?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure that the "S" was only available until 1982.  In 1983, they stopped putting the "FORD" emblem on it, and used the blue oval that came back into use around that time.  It was then that the LTD name went to the Fox body cars and the big one became the LTD Crown Victoria (you could get one before that on the original Panthers but it was an option package with landau roof, etc.)

In Canada, I'm pretty sure that Mercury sold a version of the Marquis called a Meteor or a Marquis S or something like that, which was a totally bare bones Marquis Panther with like no trim on it and no options.  Like the Canadian Bel Air that went to 1981 or whatever?

This threadjack...

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 603748539 
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 25858220001_large
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 am

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

If not that ^ I would be down to go. I have to head that way for some pahhhts anyway

Yes you do....and I ned my pahhhts too lol

Its been a long time coming eh?
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
In Canada, I'm pretty sure that Mercury sold a version of the Marquis called a Meteor or a Marquis S or something like that, which was a totally bare bones Marquis Panther with like no trim on it and no options.  Like the Canadian Bel Air that went to 1981 or whatever?

Marquis-Meteor. The LTD S was also sold in Canada as the Custom 500 until 1981.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 25858220001_large

bfurches wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Yes you do....and I ned my pahhhts too lol

Its been a long time coming eh?

Surprised I know. Lot of stuff going on here and a big drive between us! Soon though!

Matt, is that a panther or an fox body rotting in that junkyard pic?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:00 pm

It's a Marquis Meteor...the Panther...I guess there was never actually any "Meteor" designation on the cars themselves, it was just called that in the sales literature, etc.  Also, even though they were the base model, you could order them with options so I'm sure many wound up with a few things added like power windows, etc.  Like with my Impala, usually the Caprice Classic of the time would be loaded up but I've seen an Impala Sport Coupe with power windows, Comfortron, etc., and Caprices with crank windows, no AC...

This is a Meteor:

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 25693850029_large

Also, I guess in 1982, they were putting the blue oval on the LTD S as well just like the trucks, etc. That would be a rare car to have...

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds 29315600016_large

Last edited by Matt Trakker on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:21 pm

One does not simply survive without AC Smile  sunny Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
One does not simply survive without AC Smile  sunny Crying or Very sad 

I do...lol. But I generally take the Tahoe if it's ridiculous out. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds   "Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds Empty

Back to top Go down

"Tune By Tuna" car show, Spfld. MA, Smith and Wesson grounds
Page 1 of 1