BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice

Go down 
+4
toomanytoyz
Ironfistdog
Matt Trakker
Boxchevy84
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice Empty
PostSubject: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am

Hey every one, I've been a fan of the caprice for a while and I've purchase 3 over the years. The first was an 81 caprice wagon that would idle at 35 mph lol, but that ones long gone. Last year I purchased my second caprice its an 84 sedan with the 305 in it. The car was well cared for during its life. But I purchased it to become a project car when I had the time and money to put an ls motor in it. How ever the more I looked into that sort of project the more I realized I might need to win the lottery or something to pull it off! Then I happened to have been looking on craigslist just to kill some time and I found a 95 9c1 caprice in the next town. I knew this car since it was alway's at the local chevy dealer, its owner is a gm mechanic. So after talking with him about the car I bought it. Now I have the lt1 to go into my 84. Yes I know the 95 has its following but this car looks great until you look under it. The frame is beyond repair making this a perfect donor car. I know the motor runs great and the recently rebuilt 4l60e tranny shifts perfectly. I plan to use the motor tranny and the computer from the 95 in my 84. This will be my first drive train swap Hope it work out for me and I don't end up with two junk yarders!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing progress with your project... Smile

There's no reason you can't mess around with the 84's suspension and other mods before the actual engine swap occurs! Was the 95 the blue one from craigslist with the bad rear frame rails?
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:02 am

Gonna need:
The engine, trans, and PCM
Engine wire harness
Trans x-member
Exhaust pipes and cats
Gas lines
Gas tank with sending unit and fuel pump
Possibly driveshaft yoke depending on OEM trans type (??)
A new speedometer or an adapter module that converts VSS to a speedo cable
Radiator 94-96 style for oil cooler
Cutting tools to notch the frame for a/c compressor clearance
Coolant overflow bucket
Obd1 plug
Alot of patience with wiring

Make sure it's an LT1 in the car before you even start to do anything. Just because someone else believes it's an LT1 doesn't make it so.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 am

Welcome to the madness. Smile

I was gonna ask the same thing, was this the dark sapphire blue ex-NYSP caprice that's been on CL forever?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:54 am

Welcome.
If you don't want to notch the frame, and don't care about A/C, you can use a A/C delete pulley.
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
Gonna need:
The engine, trans, and PCM
Engine wire harness
Trans x-member
Exhaust pipes and cats
Gas lines
Gas tank with sending unit and fuel pump
Possibly driveshaft yoke depending on OEM trans type (??)
A new speedometer or an adapter module that converts VSS to a speedo cable
Radiator 94-96 style for oil cooler
Cutting tools to notch the frame for a/c compressor clearance
Coolant overflow bucket
Obd1 plug
Alot of patience with wiring

Make sure it's an LT1 in the car before you even start to do anything. Just because someone else believes it's an LT1 doesn't make it so.

Yes to every one it is the dark blue one from craigslist and yes it is the LT1. I don't need the exhaust pipes since my 84 has true dual installed from lou's Custom in waltham. I'll just need to get a set of shorty headers for the two o2 sensors. The frame on the 95 is gone front to rear. But aside from the rear quarters the rest of the 95 body and interior is in great shape if anyone might need parts when I'm ready to dispose of the body.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:32 am

Welcome, should be an interesting build! You'll find all the help you need here.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Welcome. Good choice on the 95, I tried to buy it a couple times as I had a frame all ready for it. Good luck with the build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Welcome, glad you decided to join & post.

Good luck with the swap. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:38 pm

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice 20130314

trying to get a picture to load not sure if I did it right? I'll find out soon enough I guess! But I found a perfect fit for the hole let in the air intake tubing when the home plate looking thing gets removed Smile
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:39 pm

No ricer's...... Razz
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:43 pm

sdstick wrote:
No ricer's...... Razz

Thats as close to a ricer as I'm willing to get jocolor
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:47 pm

Hockey puck. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:54 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Hockey puck. Wink

Yes I've seen that done but I did not have a hockey puck around so I found that jar lid for a temporary fix. Once I'm ready for the Lt1 to go into the Box body I'll have a hockey puck or some other air intake modification to incorporate the cowl hood I've already got on it.

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice 20121014

still trying to figure out the right wat to get a picture to work on here! I got it once but now I'm not sure what I did lol
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 am

So having one good running used cop car just wasn't enough I had to get another. The newest addition to the used car lot is this 1995 Chevy Caprice 9C1 former Maine state police vehicle.  The other is a Ford I know its an 08 Interceptor from a local town here in Mass and still has the led strobe lights in the tail end. Yes that push bar is wrecked along with the grill I played bumper cars last week on 495 I win!

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice 976154_10152894533230072_551972608_o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Boston owns a boxcaprice   New from Boston owns a boxcaprice Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Boston owns a boxcaprice
Page 1 of 1