BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I used these aluminum multi-drawer truck bed boxes in my garage under a staircase to hold a lot of different stuff. But, my storage setup has changed, and I no longer need them. They came out of fullsize Chevy trucks.

One is newer and shorter and in better condition, one is longer and older and more beat up, mostly in the form of a missing or some bent drawer pulls.

$50 each. I can drive to meet you part-way, depending on the specifics of your location.

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_7987

Old Snap-on top box. Heavy as a tank. Has cosmetic issues, but holds a lot of tools just fine. I do have the front panel for it. $100 (SOLD)
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_7980

This multi-drawer organizer has a wooden frame and sheet metal drawers. It is heavy, sturdy, well-made, and holds a ridiculous amount of stuff from small tools to hardware. I got it from a guy who used it to organize stuff in his motorcycle restoration shop. I don't know exactly how many drawers it has...around 75. Get organized! $100
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_7986

This is an industrial-quality rotating parts bin that used to be in a plumbing supply shop, loaded with copper fittings. There is some adjustment for the height of each disc, which slips onto the shaft and rides on a greased bearing. It holds a lot of weight and is heavy and well-made. It's great for a corner with limited access because the discs spin around, allowing you to get what is at the back to the front. I think Graingers sells these, for obscene amounts of money. $150

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff IMG_2311

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff IMG_2314

Here is a large Sani-Tuff abrasive hand cleaner dispenser that mounts to the wall. There is a whole lot of cleaner left in the box. The rubber tube that supplies it when you pump the handle has become kinked over the years, so you have to squeeze the tube to allow the stuff to flow out sometimes. I believe new boxes of cleaner can still be purchased, but you should look into that. $25
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff IMG_2321

The old Craftsman bench on the RIGHT in this picture is available. It doesn't have the top pictured, but something nicer that I made from scraps I had laying about. It is dented and not pretty, but holds a good amount of stuff and is plenty sturdy. $65
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_6343

I might have some other storage items to add to the list. I also have a lot of hand tools (all USA made) that I need to organize and sell. I've just collected too much; time to simplify.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Bull on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 am

I'm interested in the big multi-drawer units, and the craftsman workbench. I'd be interested in the spinning organizer, too, but at a lot less money... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

That's cool, Bill. At what point would you be on the hook for the spinner? I have only seen one for sale before during my habitual CL searches. That one was something like $400. New, they sell for more than that. That doesn't mean much, but I'm just trying to qualify where I got my initial asking price from.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:42 pm

That Snap-On box is screaming at me... Does it come with tools for $100? Razz

PM sending
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Lowered the prices on the fullsize aluminum truck bed boxes.

I am also putting this out there: an imported sandblasting cabinet. This is the same as the model they sell at HF for $209. After a 20% off coupon, the new one from HF would be something like $167 I think. I would like $100 for mine. The previous owner upgraded the gun to a Husky model (he said it worked much better). I will include a box of black blasting media. My buddy gave it to me in this industrial suitcase thingy.

I have used the cabinet exactly zero times. As much as I would like to be able to blast stuff, I am reorganizing my garage and getting rid of things that I have not used in years (or ever) so this has to go.

Included is a homemade metal dolly with casters so that you can move this around your shop very easily.

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_8113

There is a 15" Rally II wheel from an old Pontiac in there, to give you some sense of what can fit and be worked on inside the cabinet.
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_8114
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 pm

If you can hang on to that sandblast booth for about 2 weeks I'll take it for $100. I've been building one from a 55 gallon drum and in SICK of working on it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Son of a ......
I SO need that...grumble
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am

sdstick wrote:
Son of a ......
I SO need that...grumble

So when you get it....put it at the location that's closer to me Arrow Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:04 am

1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Son of a ......
I SO need that...grumble

Now here's an instance when being a stand up member works for you.

After all he's done above & beyond, I wouldnt even think of stepping on Indys toes.

Just making sure I'm 2nd in line should he change his mind.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 am

sdstick wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Son of a ......
I SO need that...grumble

Now here's an instance when being a stand up member works for you.

After all he's done above & beyond, I wouldnt even think of stepping on Indys toes.

Just making sure I'm 2nd in line should he change his mind.

I was just making a joke about borrowing time on it if you had gotten it. I wasn't trying to encourage you take it from Indy. I believe this is one of those losses in communication over text. Sorry if I made it sound like I didn't want Indy to get it!

Indy is a great member and has been good to me too! Arrow
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm

I understood what was said, Steve if it's not big enough for me to do what I need I'll pick it up and sell it to you for the $100.
The 55 gallon one I'm building, I can sand blast a 20" wheel. But I'm still in the process of welding up the collector and adding a lighting system, this was just a quick fix to get things blasted right away.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm

1984twodoor wrote:

I was just making a joke about borrowing time on it if you had gotten it.......

I knew that...not a problem...just making sure Indy knew I wouldnt end around him.
1/2 the fun of a forum is relying on the person you know & who you know them to be.
That way you can get away with saying the stuff that sounds ef'd up to anyone on the outside.

Ironfistdog wrote:
I understood what was said, Steve if it's not big enough for me to do what I need I'll pick it up and sell it to you for the $100.....

Fair enough.
The only pressing issue I had was with winter wheels & I think Justin is solving that problem for me this weekend Arrow
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:21 pm

sdstick wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

I was just making a joke about borrowing time on it if you had gotten it.......

I knew that...not a problem...just making sure Indy knew I wouldnt end around him.
1/2 the fun of a forum is relying on the person you know & who you know them to be.
That way you can get away with saying the stuff that sounds ef'd up to anyone on the outside.

Gotcha, online we can say the weird stuff.....Wait.... scratch NO! Laughing

Ironfistdog wrote:
I understood what was said, Steve if it's not big enough for me to do what I need I'll pick it up and sell it to you for the $100.....

sdstick wrote:
Fair enough.
The only pressing issue I had was with winter wheels & I think Justin is solving that problem for me this weekend Arrow

What color are you is Matt painting them? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Indy, I am happy to hold it for you for a couple of weeks if you are sure you want it. No problem.
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I changed the title of this again to reflect what I am offering.

Do you guys like vintage stuff? I sure do, but I need to downsize, big time. I'm getting rid of my vintage Blackhawk S4 4-ton jack. This thing weighs 200 lbs, has great lines, a long reach, a wide saddle, lifts high, and is regarded as one of the best jacks ever made. That being said, I'm done with this one. It had a hydraulic rebuild back in the '80s or '90s. I took apart the wheel assemblies and cleaned and repacked the bearings. But, there are some u-joints that transmit the turn of the knob at the top of the handle to the valves in the cylinder. I installed some new parts before using the jack, but others I did not replace because they are not available. Well, something in the linkage broke after using it for a few months, and I am not interested in taking this on as a project. If you have machining skills or a friend who does, then perhaps you can make the parts needed to get the jack back into fighting trim. I don't have those skills or connections to people who do.

When I used the jack, it rolled smooth and did not leak at all. I tested it by having the weight of my '76 Trans Am on it for over an hour; no movement. The only problem is in the linkage to open and close the release valves. You can use a Vise Grip to turn the release shaft, but that's pretty cumbersome.

$175. I will also include a vintage Hein-Werner 1 1/4 ton jack. That one I haven't used. It had no fluid in it when I go it.

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_7993

Before I cleaned the jack up, I posed it next to a more modern Chinese jack to get a sense of size difference.
[img]Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_6154[/img]

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_6513

Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Lowered a few prices.

Also, anyone need some serious garage heat? I am getting rid of a radiant propane "tophat" style heater. It is adjustable from 75,000 to 200,000 BTUs. That will keep you toasty. It includes a pretty full 100lb tank of propane and a regulator. The tank is USA-made and in excellent condition. The heater has been lightly used for a few years.

Pics and price below.

Last edited by Bull on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 pm

I finally took some pics of the heater. I'm not using it, so the propane level is not going down; that tank is pretty darn full and heavy as heck.

The hose is not included, since it leaked when I used it (one time). The regulator is included.
Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_8042

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff 100_8037

This would keep you warm for a while, unless your garage is huge. If your garage is tight, you need to keep a door or window cracked when using one of these. If you are working in a tent or rickety garage with gaps all over, you probably don't need to worry. And with the heat output, it probably would keep even a car tent warm. I've read about guys using these in them before. Why wait until spring to be able to paint stuff?

It's in my way, as with a lot of other stuff. I need a bigger garage or less stuff; guess which is easier to obtain?

$200 for the tank/propane and heater/regulator.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff   Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Bull's Storage and Garage Stuff
Page 1 of 1