BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted

Go down 
+4
cloud 9
GasTT
1984twodoor
Bull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Because I am buying Brian's wheels, I will need some caps. I don't care what logo they have, because my plan is to apply an appropriately-sized Buick logo to complement my Roadmaster's aesthetic. This is for a driver-quality set of wheels that will be run in the winter, so I do not want or need perfect or like-new caps.

If you have something, please let me know. I will only be able to run around without caps for so long before it starts to bother me!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Bull wrote:
Because I am buying Brian's wheels, I will need some caps. I don't care what logo they have, because my plan is to apply an appropriately-sized Buick logo to complement my Roadmaster's aesthetic. This is for a driver-quality set of wheels that will be run in the winter, so I do not want or need perfect or like-new caps.

If you have something, please let me know. I will only be able to run around without caps for so long before it starts to bother me!

Wimpala/Monte carlos with the look a like wheels to the Tri-9 SS's like you just bought have interchangeable caps. Most Junk yards have those cars in stock Laughing So if no one here has them then that's where to look!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 am

I have a set I may sell. I need to find one more cadillac center cap.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted IMG_2225
Got a set right here. How does $20 plus shipping sound? They are good for a daily driver, even the one missing a few tabs never fell off my car.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey, those impala caps look familiar... Wink
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Yep, they came on Impala SS's...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 am

cloud 9 wrote:

Got a set right here. How does $20 plus shipping sound? They are good for a daily driver, even the one missing a few tabs never fell off my car.

I think we are probably a go on this. I'll keep my eyes open for a singleton to replace the one with the broken tabs; it makes me nervous just looking at it! The others have all their tabs?

Please PM me a shipped total to 01002.

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 am

Ok, are you coming to the fall roundup? I could hold them until then and just give em to you there and save shipping. Question
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 pm

cloud 9 wrote:
Ok, are you coming to the fall roundup? I could hold them until then and just give em to you there and save shipping. Question

I'm still trying to get the car in my driveway. Tough to schedule two three-hour round trips to get papers and then return with a plate when you work full time! Haven't even had a chance to consider the get-together. I'm also pretty much a recluse spider when it comes to human interaction. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm

K, I'll box em up and get you a price on shipping.
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm

cloud 9 wrote:
K, I'll box em up and get you a price on shipping.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Private message sent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 am

Back to needing these, or at least one of these. One of mine had about 50% of the tabs missing, and it just couldn't hold on during the drive home today.

I lost a dust cap, too. Lame, now I can't drive the car really until I get one of those after the storm. Don't want dirt and grease all up in my bearings.

But yeah, if you have some caps, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 am

Once you get your caps, run some electrical tape around the tabs (2 passes)
This will keep those caps on even if your tab count is down
Wont make any funny noises either
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am

sdstick wrote:
Once you get your caps, run some electrical tape around the tabs (2 passes)
This will keep those caps on even if your tab count is down
Wont make any funny noises either

X2
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 am

The PO had put tape around the most damaged of the caps; that is the one that flew off. I wasn't exactly sure how the tape worked, but recognized it was to make up for the broken tabs.

I will, however, add tape to the rest of them, just in case.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am

When they're brand new, there's a wire hoop that mounts around the perimeter of the tabs.

That hoop ( a sort of tab stress distributor) always seems to go away.

Even when it falls off in your hand, its a bear to get back on.

When the cap pops into its position..often times the cap will be free to rotate / vibrate.

The tape allows the tabs to grab without metal to plastic contact....it vinyl pads the contact area a bit.

Pop a cap in with & without tape, you'll feel the difference.

There is a point where lack of tabs makes the cap worthless....sounds like you already HAD one of those.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:05 pm

You have to keep checking eBay.

I just bought a set of 4 brand new replacement (not OEM) center caps for $76 shipped.

B.C.A. Hubcaps & Wheels in Philly is written on the box.

Does anybody have personal experience with companies specializing in straightening and re-finishing the clear powder-coating on these wheels?

I have a set that need both issues resolved, but I don't want to spend cubic money for this only to be disappointed by substandard results.

Last edited by Machine-De-Zine on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Glenn, rim pro in Tewksbury seems to be the go to shop. I know your a bit far tho.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Glenn, rim pro in Tewksbury seems to be the go to shop. I know your a bit far tho.

if it would be cheaper you could ship em to me and I can take care of it for ya! They're right in my backyard.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

if it would be cheaper you could ship em to me and I can take care of it for ya! They're right in my backyard.

Thanks, I Found reconditioned wheels for $195 ea (no core chrg) that matched their description for the re-conditioning process.

They also say they will buy my old wheels to drop the price even lower,

but they are in the midwest, so every transaction has shipping fees and the risk & nuisance of handling damages attached to it.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Rim Pro does a good job but they're a little pricey. Not terribly though. My brother has had 2-3 wheels redone there, they all looked good but the latest one is peeling in a couple spots a year later. But a ton of dealers and other places use them. There is a place in Peabody (actually a couple in Peabody) next to a shop I go to sometimes that's much smaller, dude who runs it seems like a good guy, but I forget the name! Either way they're both far away from you, and my post is fairly pointless. scratch
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Rim Pro does a good job but they're a little pricey. Not terribly though. My brother has had 2-3 wheels redone there, they all looked good but the latest one is peeling in a couple spots a year later. But a ton of dealers and other places use them. There is a place in Peabody (actually a couple in Peabody) next to a shop I go to sometimes that's much smaller, dude who runs it seems like a good guy, but I forget the name! Either way they're both far away from you, and my post is fairly pointless. scratch

I don't mind travelling back up there if I get a good result.

Down here, you will find very few trades shops that provide truly superior quality work.

My pet theory is that it is a keenly "New Yorkerish" trait to brag about how one's work is the very best currently being done on planet earth.

Pridefulness is a slow, steady and dismal spiral downward for all parties connected to it.

Mind you, there are precious few people I know of down here that on a daily basis, humbly earn high marks for superb craftsmanship and routinely honest hard work.

It appears that the majority of customers receiving skilled work in the Metro-NYC area are being promised much but are then unfortunately given very little.

I was amazed at how rampant this pervasive phenomenon exists in nearly all skilled work situations.

Its almost as if the customers expect to be cheated and lied to, but sadly the bulk of NY business establishments feel they need to do this to remain competitive.

They hire only the lowest paid workers, drive them mercilessly, cheat them on their pay, use the cheapest materials but claim that they use the best humanly obtainable,

they remain ignorant concerning machine maintenance, never repair broken machinery properly, patch it up and let it run badly neglected and insanely out of tolerance,

but spend money on advertising brazenly false claims in the hopes that a flood of unsuspecting customers will make them rich before their reputations catch up with them.

If this is what your competitors are doing to keep their overhead costs down, then how do you compete?

Well how about hard work, high quality, honesty, inovation, integrity, dignity, long term planning, promise to deliver less but in fact deliver more, - oh - and more hard work.

Naw, thats for chumps! Welcome to the mean streets buddy!

What was the wind-up with your brother's peeling clear coat, I read they have an excellent warrantee contract.

Anyone doing business with them should read the page that lists all exclusions and what actually is promised.

Most places will be happy to give you a guided tour of their shop process to prove that they are doing whatever their web site has clearly stated in print.

Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Their name does always come up but noone ever seems to have 1st hand knowledge.

I wouldnt mind giving them a totally ef'd up wheel & seeing what they can do.
Sounds like thats the ONLY way you & I would be satisfied...proof in hand.

I have 1 wheel that met a curbing (glancing blow) at about 20mph in a failed avoidance move (she caught my rear bumper cover 1/4" past the sheet metal 1/4)
That was back when GM wanted $427ea to replace. I ended up at NAISSO for $160ea.

I really dont think it needs straightening tho...just cosmetic repair.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 pm

sdstick wrote:

Their name does always come up but noone ever seems to have 1st hand knowledge.

I wouldnt mind giving them a totally ef'd up wheel & seeing what they can do.
Sounds like thats the ONLY way you & I would be satisfied...proof in hand.

I have 1 wheel that met a curbing (glancing blow) at about 20mph in a failed avoidance move (she caught my rear bumper cover 1/4" past the sheet metal 1/4)
That was back when GM wanted $427ea to replace. I ended up at NAISSO for $160ea.

I really dont think it needs straightening tho...just cosmetic repair.

I have a bad one for the cougar from when I fell asleep at the tiller, but I'm not putting money into that so if you guys wanna pay for it it can be a good example Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted   Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Center Caps for Impala Wheels Wanted
Page 1 of 1