BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Turbo Engine

Go down 
+11
mean ss
M.ROSS
onehunglo
Tomz9C1
Fishah
BoSStonsSS
SWT SS
toomanytoyz
No Moa
iceman3201
Deputy347K9
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Turbo Engine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Can't wait to see her Larry! This weather is putting a damper on my outside projects, It feels like we live in Seattle, WA.! I just bought an yellow Optima today @ Advanced, hope I don't have the same problem. Were gonna have to a cruise in your honor! Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 pm

The Impala returned home on Sunday July 12th. Starting to attack my newest revised punch list. As I mentioned earlier there was problems with the Opti battery as well as a new OEM 140 amp alternator. Today I replaced both, new AC Delco battery and OEM 140 amp alternator, system now works as advertised. It seems great to be able to drive her around the yard instead of pushing her heavy butt! Getting ready to tackle the Turbo exhaust! Once the turbo exhaust is fabricated to just behind the six speed then it's to the exhaust shop to build two straight pipes connecting the tail pipes. Then home, remove the turbo exhaust and mail to AirBorn Coatings in Denver, N.C. for coating inside and out! Jason continues to fabricate my center console insert so the Bonny seat controler will look factory! At least I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel though I still have quite the list and four or six weeks to go before she officially hits the road! My thanks to "Scott and Jason" for all their time and help in making this car what it is. Will have more pictures by the end of the week, hopefully on the lift during exhaust fabrication!

Larry
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: turbo engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm

larry you might just make petes bbq. yes we need more pics. i love pics. but i cant post any. cant fiqure it out. gave up trying. like bill c said. i suck at the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Between inside and out coatings on the turbo exhaust and Ron pumpnin' this BBQ...I'm drooling! tongue
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:41 pm

OK guys, phase one of the exhaust is now completed. Mike (local fabricator) completed the exhaust with 3 inch piping. Was quite a bit of work as you have to run single pipe along side of the six speed then cross over into two pipes. Transmission cross member does not allow you to keep the exhaust up as high as I would have liked but there is no problems the way it is as I don't plan on going off road. Now, Wednesday she goes into a local exhaust shop to build the pipes between the turbo exhaust and the tail pipes. If that is completed Wednesday evening I will take the exhaust back off on Thursday and ship by weeks end to NC for coating. While gone I can jump on other items from the punch list. I sent a phot of the exhaust being built to Chris for posting, should be coming soon. See you all soon.

Larry
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Sounds to   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:05 am

Me like Larry will be rolling dirty in a very short time.. Pics as requested

Turbo Engine - Page 2 Turbo_Y_pipe

Good luck Larry

Chris
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Today had it's ups and downs! Hauled the Impala to the exhaust shop to complete the exhaust from the turbo pipipes to the tial pipes. Great job though they hit the door of the Impala with a freshly cut pipe. It left about three inches of nice scratch marks down the driver's door! Yes it went through the clear coat and black paint. Called the body man right away and he states the door will need to be painted, pissed me off something bad. Not that anyone meant to do it, just that it happened. Guess it could have been worse, just another set back. I will have a hard time sleeping tonight thinking of my poor little girl! I guess she needs to be awarded a purple heart, what do you think!
Larry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Sounds like it is close to being complete for now. Can't wait to see, and hear it, or ride in it again. Wink
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: turbo engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:18 am

wow. pissed off some thing bad. i cant even imagine you real mad. remember larry ive met you once. your a big man. what did the worker do?and imagine how he felt. its to bad. but before you know it. it will be on the road. im jealous of billymac. ive never road in it. ill never seen it even. im only 3/4 hr away. good luck with the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:57 am

wtf, these yahoos dont know a nice car when the see one, boy shit like that pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 am

Mechanic I recommended to a friend slammed a jack handle into the door of my friends 63 split window vette.
Tried to touch it up & not mention it. Thats as low as it gets.
Bottom line is, THATS what shops are insured for.
Show them your estimate (to get it fixed RIGHT!) & hope they do the right thing without squealing.
If you kept your cool you deserve a pat on the back.
Your right tho, that sick feeling you get just thinking about it is the worst.
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:22 am

Well winter is about upon us once again here in the North East, so away she goes for a long winter nap. The body shop just completed the new Ram Air hood, door scratch and buffed out other small areas as needed. The new hood came out great. I was scared for a while as they sprayed three coats of clear and then the clear has some stupid reaction. Wet sanded the hood down again and applied more coats, wet sanded and color buffed, now it looks so deep. Jeff the body man also installed the 61 Impala SS emblems on the front fender several weeks ago. They are the sweetest emblems I have ever seen on a car. During winter I have several issues I am hoping to address such as a high idle problem, problem with the 12 way seat wiring, center console fabrication so to accept the 12 way seat controller along with the six speed. Come spring I want to put her on the dyno for fine tuning and admustments to the ECM. I am happy to have driven her this summer and my many thanks and blessing to Jason, Scott, Chris, Larry Jr, Jeff and Mike for the help and fabrication work. I really appreciate it.

Larry
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Good stuff Larry, insurance is coming of mine tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what she pulls on the dyno. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Engine   Turbo Engine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbo Engine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2