BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Today at 9:24 am by MalibuSSwagon

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Just in case anyone spies anything, feel free to LMK if applicable!

-I may be on the hunt for an 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon receiver/weight distributing platform hitch. The one on my truck has a ball hitch stuck in it because the previous owner never took it out. It's driving me nuts and is currently soaking in PB Blaster, I've wailed on it with a big sledge more than a couple of times today, we'll see. Anyway, it's that "tube" looking hitch design, I've heard there was an updated design that's better? Mine is pretty rusty and I'm not super confident in it's towing abilities. So I'm not looking for another very rusty one. I'm not sure if the Suburban/Silverado/Sierras used the same part...

I need a back bumper for my Tahoe. Today when using the sledge, a ton of rust fell out of the bumper and a big hole opened up. I wasn't surprised because I already knew it was forming. If anyone sees a Z71 Tahoe in a junkyard, especially a black one, let me know! I will probably wind up just getting an aftermarket steel bumper, Line-X'ing it, then disassembling the plastics from the rotted one and swapping them over to the new one, but I'd love to just find another I can simply swap on there for now.

My driver's seat is ripped. Both GM and "The Seat Shop" sell a new leather seat bottom upholstery section that can be swapped over, but if anyone sees a wrecked truck with a nice seat (my leather color is "Neutral" (beige/tan) I might be interested.

I need a back window for my truck. It's fine for now but the liftgate's stupid plastic hinge is busted. I'm looking for the 05-06 back window that has the metal hinges and the black plastic trim that goes along the top.

I'd like to find the Denali inst. cluster bezel to put in my truck, it's like a black wood gloss finish with gray in the middle. I'd need an 03-06 one. So if you see a Denali... Smile

I'd be up for meeting up for a junkyahhd run or if anyone knows a lead on brand new versions of these parts I'd be interested in that too. Huge thanks in advance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog



Posts : 2124
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 35
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:16 pm

I'll look this week in my yard. Whats the interchange year span for your truck ?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

00-06. However my truck is a Z71 instead of an LT...the non-Z trucks have different bumpers. The metal's the same but the trim is all different. I can only use dash bezels from 03 and up, and I can only use a back window from mid-05 and up that looks like this with the trim along the top:




The older windows have a divot at the top for the third brake light, and have crappy plastic hinges that always break. That trim piece is covering the new design metal hinges... Cool

I'd still be interested in hearing anything you find...I did find an aftermarket black painted bumper bar for the back bumper at around 140ish shipped, it's supposedly powdercoated!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

why not chain the ball to a tree and drive Laughing That'd have to work!
Back to top Go down
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 35
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I found 3 lift gates with privacy glass. there was alot of optionss so i chose aluminum one wide applicay on top privacy glass. expensive. only 3 around.

2005
Lid/Gate
Chevy Suburban 2500 (liftglass), alum, wide applique on top of glass, privacy glass 11118 $1000 Penney's Auto USA-MA(Tewksbury) Request_Quote 1-800-427-2381 Request_Insurance_Quote
81
2006
Lid/Gate
Chevy Suburban 1500 1.0SURF RUST **2 B
2
hrs $VN291 $820
undmg LKQ - Route 16 Used Auto USA-MA(Webster) E-mail 1-800-423-4006 84
2005
Lid/Gate
Chevy Suburban 1500 BLK,4DR,6-05,000,RPNT,LIP PEELING 45723 $750 Linder's Inc. USA-MA(Worcester) Request_Quote 1-800-521-8000 Request_Insurance_Quote
86
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 35
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
why not chain the ball to a tree and drive Laughing That'd have to work!


at least i wasnt only one thinking that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:21 pm

LOL, I was thinking of that too, but we've got no more trees here, cut them all down!

I wonder if they'd sell just the glass. Those must be from car-part.com huh? I was also thinking of putting the stupid thing through my insurance or something, I have to find out if it's covered. Thanks Ted
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 59
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Just in case anyone spies anything, feel free to LMK if applicable!

-I may be on the hunt for an 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon receiver/weight distributing platform hitch. The one on my truck has a ball hitch stuck in it because the previous owner never took it out. It's driving me nuts and is currently soaking in PB Blaster, I've wailed on it with a big sledge more than a couple of times today, we'll see. Anyway, it's that "tube" looking hitch design, I've heard there was an updated design that's better? Mine is pretty rusty and I'm not super confident in it's towing abilities. So I'm not looking for another very rusty one. I'm not sure if the Suburban/Silverado/Sierras used the same part...

Very Happy
*
Take the whole tow assembly off the truck and work on it like a gentleman, then at least you could really swing a hammer good and straight to blast it out from behind.
You could also see if some "numb-nuts" welded it in some where that can't be seen now. It will have to come off the truck anyway, right?
You will know if its worth salvaging after examining it's true condition, then if OK, scrape and paint it, and re-install confidently with new known grade hardware.
-
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
LOL, I was thinking of that too, but we've got no more trees here, cut them all down!

I wonder if they'd sell just the glass. Those must be from car-part.com huh? I was also thinking of putting the stupid thing through my insurance or something, I have to find out if it's covered. Thanks Ted

You can use mine if you want Laughing


Back to top Go down
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 35
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 am

yeah from car part. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
Just in case anyone spies anything, feel free to LMK if applicable!

-I may be on the hunt for an 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon receiver/weight distributing platform hitch. The one on my truck has a ball hitch stuck in it because the previous owner never took it out. It's driving me nuts and is currently soaking in PB Blaster, I've wailed on it with a big sledge more than a couple of times today, we'll see. Anyway, it's that "tube" looking hitch design, I've heard there was an updated design that's better? Mine is pretty rusty and I'm not super confident in it's towing abilities. So I'm not looking for another very rusty one. I'm not sure if the Suburban/Silverado/Sierras used the same part...

Very Happy
*
Take the whole tow assembly off the truck and work on it like a gentleman, then at least you could really swing a hammer good and straight to blast it out from behind.
You could also see if some "numb-nuts" welded it in some where that can't be seen now. It will have to come off the truck anyway, right?
You will know if its worth salvaging after examining it's true condition, then if OK, scrape and paint it, and re-install confidently with new known grade hardware.
-

Sounds like a good idea. I should really take a photo of what fell off the bottom of the truck when I whacked the hitch with the sledge. I kind of think it should be replaced... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe   Today at 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for a few parts for my Tahoe
» Set of Z71 Tahoe wheels and tires
» Dynaco ST-70 PC-3 driver board parts layout - photo ...
» VTA board and parts placement..... :}
» Westone Thunder Guitar parts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: