BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
They don't have a section for this here. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
They don't have a section for this here. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

They don't have a section for this here.

Go down 
+11
boojum
Tomz9C1
MASShole9C1
sdstick
bowtiepimp
No Moa
Matt Trakker
95brmw
1984twodoor
toomanytoyz
Cadet57
15 posters
AuthorMessage

They don't have a section for this here. Empty
PostSubject: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

I really tried to stay GM. I swear I did. This may be temporary, but I could not pass it up. It needs one wheel bearing, maybe two, and a little rust repair, but all in all, I am very impressed with it.
They don't have a section for this here. Dayonewithdodge004
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 pm

They don't have a section for this here. Ban_him_sm

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Laughing
SHUT UP MAN!
Who showed up a B-body cruise in a F250? Razz
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Laughing
SHUT UP MAN!
Who showed up a B-body cruise in a F250? Razz

NOT BY CHOICE! Laughing

Plus I'd rather a leaking transmission make a mess in the back of that than my wagon. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

NOT BY CHOICE! Laughing

Plus I'd rather a leaking transmission make a mess in the back of that than my wagon. Razz
I hear ya. I am sure it is temporary, but it is a great running truck, and everything works. It has high milage, but does not feel like it. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:38 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
It has high milage, but does not feel like it. Arrow

They don't have a section for this here. Timebomb

Wink

jk, I hope it serves you well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
It has high milage, but does not feel like it. Arrow

They don't have a section for this here. Timebomb

Wink

jk, I hope it serves you well.
LOL. I hope not. Suspect
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Jeez... And you thought 4L60's were bad! Wink

So... You bought a caravan??? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Jeez... And you thought 4L60's were bad! Wink
LOL. I would not be happy with a bullet proof transmission. :p

toomanytoyz wrote:
So... You bought a caravan??? Razz
No. Rolling Eyes
They don't have a section for this here. Dayonewithdodge002
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 pm

You know dodge wanted to make owners feel manly when they named the engine a "Magnum" Laughing

Flip it QUICK! Before that tranny goes KA BOOOM!

Hopefully you wont hit the problem though Arrow

Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a ram owner too. Now you gotta beat two of us up Razz

96 ram 2500 318, don't be hating.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 pm

95brmw wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a ram owner too. Now you gotta beat two of us up Razz

96 ram 2500 318, don't be hating.

Yours is green too right? Maybe you'll be lucky and green is the color that got good transmissions!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

I like those trucks but god damn do they...I'm just not going to say anything lol

I do wish you luck with it though, I doubt it will give you any colossal problem that you can't handle Billy. Wink

Can we play a game of guessing where the rust is? I call bottoms of the doors!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I like those trucks but god damn do they...I'm just not going to say anything lol

I do wish you luck with it though, I doubt it will give you any colossal problem that you can't handle Billy. Wink

Can we play a game of guessing where the rust is? I call bottoms of the doors!

BS bottoms of the doors is a given! Thats a factory option on New England cars!
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Mine is a dark hunter green color. I dare anyone to find rust on mine! I have had it since 2009 and only had to replace the plenum gasket once cheers

"Is your truck a Dodge? Does it say Magnum on it? If yes to both the plenum is leaking"

They don't have a section for this here. Dodge

Mine is already a SLuT
They don't have a section for this here. Slt

Sorry to hijack your thread Billy tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 am

That is almost exactly what mine looks like. Very Happy
98 1500 with SLT package and heavy duty everything, tow package, nice shifting red fluid transmission, and 208k. I am sure it has been rebuilt or replaced at some point. It was a one owner truck and was bought locally, and always serviced at the same dealership. I picked it up last night, and drove two towns away to pick up a 5000w generator before I brought it home. Very Happy
No I did not pay the price on the window. study
They don't have a section for this here. Dodgeram032

They don't have a section for this here. Dodgeram033
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 am

208k holy shit. That's some mileage!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 am

Looks good, thats about what I paid for mine 2 years ago with 126k. I like the runner boards, if you decide you hate them LMK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 am

looks really clean...... Arrow

...... even came with a hook for the doggy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

bowtiepimp wrote:
looks really clean...... Arrow

Haha! Only problem is he might forget and have one angry puppy when he gets to wherever it is he was going!

I wanna guess the rust is at the bottoms of the fenders and the bottoms of doors because of those rust trap running boards.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 am

Nice truck.
Never have to worry about finding parts either.
You've officially earned the velco license plate mod....
Now load the back & prepare for winter.

bowtiepimp wrote:

Razz I noticed that, just dont forget silent pale
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 am

"RAM, real men lock horns with competition"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks guys. The big fold down center arm rest was a big seller because the dog likes to sit on it when he goes for a ride. Very Happy

MASShole9C1 wrote:
"RAM, real men lock horns with competition"
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it! cheers
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm

dodge , ford , or a recommended Chevrolet ...... as long as it an American Company your good in my book. cheers
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Yeah it really does not look all that bad for what I am assuming you paid for it. Sometimes really high mile trucks from less congested traffic areas seem to be the best deal from what I have seen. Keep washing it and it probably won't rot that bad if it still looks that good. Someone seems to have taken reasonable care of the thing! I found a touchless cahh wahhhsh that has the underbody flush jets included in the cheap/base wash, so I know where I'll be going all winter...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 pm

That's actually a pretty nice looking truck, Billy! Aside from those GAWD AWFUL running boards! Get rid of those effers quick! Sell em to Dave and get some tube steps if you can't get in afterwards... Wink

Good luck with it. I diggit.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 pm

BACK THE TRUCK UP! A freaking Dodge! Shocked I can't wait for the front bumper mod. I would like some day to get a truck with an open bed for hauling sh!t to the dump. Drive it till it don't go no mo!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Yeah it really does not look all that bad for what I am assuming you paid for it. Sometimes really high mile trucks from less congested traffic areas seem to be the best deal from what I have seen. Keep washing it and it probably won't rot that bad if it still looks that good. Someone seems to have taken reasonable care of the thing! I found a touchless cahh wahhhsh that has the underbody flush jets included in the cheap/base wash, so I know where I'll be going all winter...

Which cahh wash and how much? Is it that Simoniz place by Jiffy Lube?

toomanytoyz wrote:
That's actually a pretty nice looking truck, Billy! Aside from those GAWD AWFUL running boards! Get rid of those effers quick! Sell em to Dave and get some tube steps if you can't get in afterwards... Wink

Good luck with it. I diggit.

X2 Get them off!
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 am

Hey we don't have a Y-body section either but that hasn't stopped me from buying one.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:09 pm

boojum wrote:
Hey we don't have a Y-body section either but that hasn't stopped me from buying one.

Yeah, me either.

They don't have a section for this here. Vet_em10
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:35 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
... Aside from those GAWD AWFUL running boards! Get rid of those effers quick! ......... get some tube steps if you can't get in afterwards... Wink.....

I agree, those arent the best looking running boards.

They MAY however beat the alternative Shocked

They don't have a section for this here. Platformshoes

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:07 pm

sdstick wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
... Aside from those GAWD AWFUL running boards! Get rid of those effers quick! ......... get some tube steps if you can't get in afterwards... Wink.....

I agree, those arent the best looking running boards.

They MAY however beat the alternative Shocked

They don't have a section for this here. Platformshoes

LOL. The last time I needed a pair of those, My fleetwoods transmission shit the bed, just after getting on the highway. To add insult to injury, the next exit was a mile away, the car would barely move forward, and no reverse. And to top it off, it was pouring out, and I was heading to work. Surprised
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Nice looking truck Billy, good luck with it.

As far as the miles, I never worry about high mileage. You can tell if a car's been maintained. A truck came into my work today. 2006 Ford F-150. 750,000+ miles. Ran like a top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Day two. So far so good. I have to do some welding to pass si. Seems rust holes in the rocker are not reconized as "speed holes" Laughing
They don't have a section for this here. Dodgeday2001
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:07 pm

look on the bright side...... a little bit of foam while fix it and also turn it into that big boat you wanted Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:29 pm

I'd leave the running boards, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I'd leave the running boards, lol
They are. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 pm

I always loved the look of those trucks, they started the muscular truck look, before every truck looked pretty much the same for about 14 years.

Nice score

Doug
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey Billy, don't know if you'd be interested but a friend of mine has a set of 20"s off the hemi body style trucks for sale for $600.00- they're up and craigslist in my area now. He had them on his 98 and they looked great

Truck looks nice, my mom had a 97 ext. Cab 4x4 Sport before she bought her 05 hemi, both trucks were great!
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:40 am

Lookin Good. Now you just gotta shove some fog lights in those holes in the bumper Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:27 pm

95brmw wrote:
Lookin Good. Now you just gotta shove some fog lights in those holes in the bumper Very Happy
I may not even going to do that. I am going to fix the few little things I see wrong with it. It needs a wheel bearing for sure, and maybe a ball joint or two, tie rod maybe, and just drive it. I am in now way in love with this truck. Look for it in the for sale section real soon. I just don't care for it. I am a GM man. I figured it would grow on me, but so far not so much. Don't get me wrong. It is a nice truck, just not my cup of tea. I would prefer a 2wd c1500 gm truck any day. I may even try to trade it for said vehicle once it passes inspection.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:10 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
95brmw wrote:
I may not even going to do that. I am going to fix the few little things I see wrong with it. It needs a wheel bearing for sure, and maybe a ball joint or two, tie rod maybe, and just drive it. I am in now way in love with this truck. Look for it in the for sale section real soon. I just don't care for it. I am a GM man. I figured it would grow on me, but so far not so much. Don't get me wrong. It is a nice truck, just not my cup of tea. I would prefer a D or B body any day. I may even try to trade it for said vehicle once it passes inspection.

Cool Fixed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They don't have a section for this here.   They don't have a section for this here. Empty

Back to top Go down

They don't have a section for this here.
Page 1 of 1