BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?

Go down 
+10
LandMaster
MASShole9C1
GasTT
Matt Trakker
1984twodoor
silverfox103
toomanytoyz
Pooge
sdstick
Tomz9C1
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? Empty
PostSubject: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:52 am

Pros, No State income tax? No State sales tax?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 am

From what I've heard
CONS: Property taxes
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 am

sdstick wrote:
From what I've heard
CONS: Property taxes

Very true, but there are so many good reasons to live here that that is a small price to pay.

-VERY good gun laws, in the sense of buying, selling, and conceal carry
-No seatbelt or helmet laws - While I believe you are dumb if you don't wear either, everyone should have the choice.
-Very easy to start a business, minimal state intrusion
-Relatively lax inspection laws

I'm sure there are a million other things I take for granted by living here...

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

Yeah, property taxes are high, but also depends on what town you live in. A big plus is no emissions testing for 95 or older. And the best part is you're not paying for umpteen million useless pieces of poo to live and mooch off "the state" for their entire waste of a life...

Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:05 pm

con: 4 feet of snow in front yard.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Pros:

After school and a bit of saving I'm joining the party up there lol Laughing

cons:

school and saving will take a long time, so I'll be fashionably late. Mad
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
con: 4 feet of snow in front yard.

I bet its less on average than Rumford. Wink

And I still have 3-4 feet in MY yard! Boo!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 2:40 pm

I have to echo what Crovo said. Whenever I am in NH, I feel like everyone is more "like me", not living off of, or in SUPPORT of people who mooch off of anybody, be it taxpayers, parents, anyone. There are exceptions, but it's like people work, and know how to have fun instead of taking their free time for granted.

I know the prop. taxes are high, but aren't property values in general lower than MA (since MA is too high) in most areas so it almost cancels out? The house I live in right now, I think the taxes are like 7K per year.

I notice that it seems like any taxes NH does collect are actually used for what they're supposed to, like maintaining roads. I don't live there, but I'll be damned if I've ever noticed a bad pothole in NH. In MA, our taxes are channeled into the "redistribution of wealth" fund, and used to give redundant, 60K/year + bennies, totally useless job positions to Jimmy/Sully/Geno/Fatty McHackmeisterstein's naybah's bruddah's cuzzint's bruddah'n law because he fell off da wagon again and can't hold a position fetchin' stray carriages in da Johnnie's Foodmastah pahkin' lot.

The gun laws are a big deal for me. It's all gun haters down here. But they're quick to give people like extreme gun addicts and screwed up dangerous bastards a third chance. It's all about getting the vote out, yo.

The saddest part of it all is people like me are considered "radicals". I always thought I just exhibited common sense?

My friend just bought a house in Deerfield, NH, I'll probably be helping out with some of the stuff it may need, he had to get out of MA in the worst way, lol.

Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:14 pm

I hate MA. With that said, I have considered moving to NH/VT in the past. Im done with RI and I'm done living in the hood.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 pm

So true Tim and Matt. I lived here my entire life except between 2005 and 2009. I come back, been here for almost two years, and I realize it sucks the big one. And I too HATE Rhode Island. Matt, being a radical makes me madder than hell. I got my permit, LTC class A. BUT, with a restriction to target and hunting until I'm 25, which is in 1 year. I guess I wont make another $10 an hour at my job becuase I cant work a "carry" contract that pays alot more. But its ok, Duval Patrick needs that extra $10 dollars for $500,000 road construction signs. Thanks for diminishing my possible earned wages, that you'll tax the shit out of anyway. Also, If I'm an interviewing part time police officer for the city, dont you think the restriction is kinda stupid?

Anyway. Ive heard nothing but good about the great white north. The wife and I will want to move there in the future. We are tired of chasing our own tales in this state. And Im gonna need to find a diesel tech job, any shops near the border of MA/NH other than Ryder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:31 pm

I moved out of mass because it sucked so bad. I really thought long and hard before choosing New Hampshire. I am glad I moved here. I do not like a couple things with this state, but the pros out weigh the cons all day long.
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 pm

psshhh I'm thinking about transferring to whatever college in NH, New York... I don't even want to get into it, we have waaaay to many taxes, and statiscally the worst drivers, and it certainly does. I just feel like NH isn't apart of Lawsuit happy, gun snatching, adict feeding America. But I don't live there so take what I say with a grain of sand
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm

im thinking of moving up there i f****** hate cape cod i left here moved to mansfield for a while then to missouri now im back here wtf. and talk about potholes they get so bad i swear im gonna blow a tire one of these times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTVNZojojU

....... LMFAO! Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Thats a friggin riot.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:11 pm

sdstick wrote:
Thats a friggin riot.

I love that video lol. "The old man off the mountain...he got shit faced and fell off!"

Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=selUoq-poTM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Possible secret society membership.

So I hear...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 am

I'd better get my ass to NH before the secret society is closed to new membahship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7nQrCgALM

This new one is awesome, it even has that Fritz Wetherbee guy I remember seeing when the NH PBS channel came in at my house a million years ago...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yy8o1BeFaA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Well I think NH needs to get there act together and have medical use or at least decrimalize it! Cool
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:40 pm

onehunglo wrote:
Well I think NH needs to get there act together and have medical use or at least decrimalize it! Cool

all in good time doent the country follow right behind what mass does anyway mass makes it basically illegal to not have health insurance now the whole country needs it. ma decriminalizes it then RI gets medical cards whats next Deval Patrick will bu a 96 ss and then the president will be rockin a bulletproff impalla ss i can just see it now
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:45 pm

As far as I know you can still buy Oreo cookies in any NH town or city!

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 pm

boojum wrote:
As far as I know you can still buy Oreo cookies in any NH town or city!

mmm, I eat mine dipped in milk with a spoon. Kinda like oversized cereal lol
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:

mmm, I eat mine dipped in milk with a spoon. Kinda like oversized cereal lol

Enjoy them while you can. Smile

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/lifestyle/health/x1885880273/Trans-fat-ban-begins-in-Cambridge
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/21/bid_to_ban_trans_fat_statewide_gets_a_boost/
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Thats Cambridge, that place is full of Subarus... Shocked
Do those look like guys you'd hang out with?
Have you ever commented on a restaruants food as "thoughtful"?
WTF
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:49 am

Quote :
Have you ever commented on a restaruants food as "thoughtful"?
WTF

LOL. That's the first thing that I noticed looking at that. Seriously? Latte-drinking bastards.

Cambridge- The smartest retarded people in the world.

A few years ago we drove around blowing a "train horn" at people- the ONLY people who were visibly pissed off were in Cambridge, most other people jumped then thought it to be kinda funny. I think the snooty Cantabrigian crowd found the truck to be offensive because it was not a Prius, even though it got about 23 MPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz09GyGWTkM
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 am

i friggin hate cambridge everytime i do there some idiot walks out in front of me when im doind like 30 35 not fast but enough to lockk up tires. and they just stand there in front of your car like a deer in the headlights. MIT= Meathead In Training
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 am

Darn, now I did it.
How did we get from NH to Cambridge?
Obviously 2 different ends of the earth.
All it took was an OREO?
Back on track.
NH DOES have the White Mountains.. cheers

Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 am

sdstick wrote:
Darn, now I did it.
How did we get from NH to Cambridge?
Obviously 2 different ends of the earth.
All it took was an OREO?
Back on track.
NH DOES have the White Mountains.. cheers

but have a full tank all the gas stations around mt. washington close at like 5pm pulled into one on fumes and they said mt. washington was closed for years. my butt it was lol. thats what i get for going with mass plates
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I bet they know what punctuation and grammar are in Cambridge, though. Wink
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

thats about all they know
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

THEY CAN FIX TOASTERS AND REFRIGERATORS REAL NICE
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Um, I heard there were sightings of the rare prius stretch limo there Shocked
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:56 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Um, I heard there were sightings of the rare prius stretch limo there Shocked

is it kinda like the rare 10 passenger horse. they get the same gas mileage right
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm

What's up guys. Just came back from Cambridge.

Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? Prius-stretch
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Yeah, you have to call them "Cantabrigians" or you'll be ostracized, called a racist, and be prohibited from getting some of that bomb-ass beer that tastes like chocolate from John Harvard's Brew House. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?   Pros & cons of living in New Hampster? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pros & cons of living in New Hampster?
Page 1 of 1