BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, the star of the show "Fred Dryer" is a boxy fan. Here is his 9c1 purchased directly from GM. And those are one off boyds billet aluminum n97s. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1475
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes, with Fred Dryer. He was a defensive end with the NY Giants, traded to the Pats but refused to report. He was then traded to the Rams. He was a very good player, he may be in the hall. As for the show, never watched it.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:11 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Yes, with Fred Dryer. He was a defensive end with the NY Giants, traded to the Pats but refused to report. He was then traded to the Rams. He was a very good player, he may be in the hall. As for the show, never watched it.

Tom C.
I was not going quite that far back Tom. Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:16 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Well, the star of the show "Fred Dryer" is a boxy fan. Here is his 9c1 purchased directly from GM. And those are one off boyds billet aluminum n97s. Very Happy


He's ok in my book Arrow

Sweet car, I love the big N97s Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 54
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:31 pm

What's the date on that issue Billy?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1475
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
Yes, with Fred Dryer. He was a defensive end with the NY Giants, traded to the Pats but refused to report. He was then traded to the Rams. He was a very good player, he may be in the hall. As for the show, never watched it.

Tom C.
I was not going quite that far back Tom. Wink

Sorry, that was the early 70's. You were still in diapers.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:46 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
What's the date on that issue Billy?
I am not sure. I want to say mid 90s. 95-96.

silverfox103 wrote:


Sorry, that was the early 70's. You were still in diapers.
maybe. I think I was out of diapers by septomber 1970. scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Tomz9C1 wrote:
What's the date on that issue Billy?
I am not sure. I want to say mid 90s. 95-96.

silverfox103 wrote:


Sorry, that was the early 70's. You were still in diapers.
maybe. I think I was out of diapers by septomber 1970. scratch

I wasn't in them yet... In fact, I wasn't even on the radar. Wink

Cool article. Smile

Never heard of the show...

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Hunter! I used to watch that show when I was little, I actually have the first season on DVD.

It was okay for it's day kind of a cheesy play on Dirty Harry, the girl who played his partner on the show was hot. He kept ruining the PD assigned unmarked cruisers, or winding up with one that was already falling apart.

Btw..nice boxy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Wicked car. Love those N97's.
Back to top Go down
onehunglo



Posts : 315
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 38
Location : Raymond, NH

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice, I defenitly remember that show! He had a fine looking broad as his sidekick.

How awsome is it that Trakker has that DVD Arrow
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:13 pm

^I randomly found it at either Wal-Mart or Best Buy, I forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-Ccs9WNBM hahaha

I'm indecisive, but I think this is my all time favorite TV show opening...but there are like 10 different versions of it. There was one with a Camaro spinning out I remember clearly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvs-gBjzuy4

Back to top Go down
No Moa



Posts : 3871
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 44
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:05 pm

I'd like to find one, whats the date and volume.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
OptimaJim



Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 pm

OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.



"...What do you know?" Very Happy


Oh waaaaaaait...Haha
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am

OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
No kidding?

Welcome, and what brings you to our little forum? You must have googled the article, and this forum came up?
Back to top Go down
OptimaJim



Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 am

Hi IMPALADAKID, thanks for the welcome. I was searching for that article and hoping it was still archived on the GMHTP website, but they must have decided to take it down at some point. Fred Dryer was actually a really interesting interview. He spent a lot of his youth at Lion's, has been into cars forever and actually lived in a van outside Giants Stadium one year. When he saw the next generation B-body, he decided he wanted to snag one of the old ones before they were all gone. I believe he found that one in the Rhode Island State Patrol fleet with virtually no miles on it. At the time I interviewed him he also had a tri-9 Impala SS, but this was clearly his favorite.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm

OptimaJim wrote:
Hi IMPALADAKID, thanks for the welcome. I was searching for that article and hoping it was still archived on the GMHTP website, but they must have decided to take it down at some point. Fred Dryer was actually a really interesting interview. He spent a lot of his youth at Lion's, has been into cars forever and actually lived in a van outside Giants Stadium one year. When he saw the next generation B-body, he decided he wanted to snag one of the old ones before they were all gone. I believe he found that one in the Rhode Island State Patrol fleet with virtually no miles on it. At the time I interviewed him he also had a tri-9 Impala SS, but this was clearly his favorite.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
We have had a lot of firsts, but I think this is the first author.

And GMHTP rules. That was the only magazine I ever had a subscription for.
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4278
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
No kidding?

Welcome, and what brings you to our little forum? You must have googled the article, and this forum came up?

Ca Ching!
Forum value hits its 2012 max value.... cheers

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

sdstick wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
No kidding?

Welcome, and what brings you to our little forum? You must have googled the article, and this forum came up?

Ca Ching!
Forum value hits its 2012 max value.... cheers
LOL. Laughing

Now if Fred Dryer, and Jon Moss join, this forum will be more valuable than Facebook. cheers
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:34 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
sdstick wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
No kidding?

Welcome, and what brings you to our little forum? You must have googled the article, and this forum came up?

Ca Ching!
Forum value hits its 2012 max value.... cheers
LOL. Laughing

Now if Fred Dryer, and Jon Moss join, this forum will be more valuable than Facebook. cheers

Wow this little forum just got a bit bigger!
Back to top Go down
OptimaJim



Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am

I've been called a lot of things, but “author” has never been one of them. “Journalist” would even be a stretch, as I kind of think of those guys as people who actually went to school and studied journalism. I did get to interview Jon Moss a while back and did ask him about his thoughts on the Marauder that was about to be introduced and whether GM would have any response to that. Although I'm not allowed to post external links, it was interesting to see how he viewed the future of full-sized sedans.


Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 pm

sdstick wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
OptimaJim wrote:
Sorry for the slow response on this thread. I was actually looking for that article for a different reason. It appeared in the May 2001 issue of GMHTP. Ask me how I know Wink

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
No kidding?

Welcome, and what brings you to our little forum? You must have googled the article, and this forum came up?

Ca Ching!
Forum value hits its 2012 max value.... cheers

LOL

Welcome, Jim!
Back to top Go down
nttyfufu



Posts : 122
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 35
Location : Wilmington, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

My sister loved that show She made me watch it with her when I was little. I don't remember much of it tho.
Back to top Go down
http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w495/nttyfufu/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?   Today at 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?
» Bristol Model Engineering Show
» Scrap Hunter
» First Sculpt: Head Hunter
» Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 77-90 Boxy Tech :: Boxy Modifications / Performance / maintenance-
Jump to: