BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF

Go down 
+5
sdstick
GasTT
toomanytoyz
Cadet57
MASShole9C1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF Empty
PostSubject: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=231773&page=12

Caprice vs Impala...

This is why I took all of the reindeer stuff off my Caprice, cuz thats what it is(and crap gears with a 4.3)
The spoiler and grill just add a newer more modern look
Im not a closet Impala guy. Couldnt care less cuz the 9C1 has the same VIN characteristics of an Impala anyway
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:23 pm

what a bunch of f**king morons.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Pasted over from "the other forum"
In 1991, the GM B platform was extensively redesigned, though it retained the same shortened frame design of the 1977 redesign.
The Impala SS badge was resurrected at the 1992 Detroit Auto Show as a concept car designed by GM designer Jon Moss. The concept car was two inches lower to the ground than the regular Caprice, and was powered by a 8.2-liter (500 cu in) engine. Eventually, the concept car's engine was replaced with a 5.7-liter (350 cu in) engine derived from the Corvette in order to show the public what would be offered if put into production (an off-road specification 510-cubic-inch (8.4 L) V8 was eventually put into the engine bay of the prototype years later).

The 1994 Impala SS went into production on February 14, 1994 at GM's plant in Arlington, Texas,[1] and was almost identical cosmetically to the concept car, the only noticeable change being the chromed bowtie logo on the grill (vs a red logo on the concept). The car was, in essence, a high-performance version of the Caprice. From a mechanical standpoint, it used the Caprice 9C1 police package as its base and as such got most of the equipment formerly available only to law enforcement and government agencies. This included a sport-tuned suspension with reinforced shocks and springs, a high-capacity upgraded reverse flow cooling system, larger and more powerful four-wheel disc brakes, transmission cooler, dual exhaust, a higher-output electrical system, and other minor mechanical alterations. Not all of the police equipment was carried over however, as the Impala SS did not get the external oil-to-air engine oil cooler, nor were all the body mounts secured (the standard Caprice and Impala SS were assembled at the factory with the front 3 body mounts missing one of the rubber cushions, while the 9C1 was assembled with all rubber cushions in place), although both are popular aftermarket additions to the Impala SS by their owners.
The Impala SS was uniquely fitted with a standard 3.08 gear. The limited-slip rear differential was standard (as opposed to the option G80 on Caprices) and suspension that was an inch lower. A retuned LT1 5.7-liter (350 cu in) small-block V8 was standard on the Impala SS, making 260 horsepower (190 kW) and 330 pound-feet (450 N·m) of torque (retuned from the prototype's 300 horsepower (220 kW) rating). The primary difference between the LT1 in the Impala and the LT1 that was in the Corvette and Camaro was that the Impala engine was fitted with cast-iron cylinder heads instead of aluminum ones, and a camshaft that was designed more for low-end torque than high-end horsepower. Another difference was that the Impala LT1 had 2 bolt main bearing caps while the Corvette LT1 had 4 bolt main bearing caps. The transmission used in the car was the 4L60E, which was itself an upgraded and revised version of the previous 4L60. However, the transmission was not beefed up for the power of the LT1, and transmission failures after 100,000 miles (160,000 km) were commonplace. [citation needed] A standard transmission was never available in the 1994-96 Impala SS. However there is a growing trend of replacing the 4L60-E transmission, with the T-56 (6 speed manual) from the Camaro and Firebird using aftermarket kits. Alternatively, a popular enhancement was the addition of a shift-kit and/or a more aggressive torque converter.
Several other cars in the B-body line also shared a similar powertrain: these were the Chevrolet Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, and the Cadillac Fleetwood which all shared the LT1 engine and 4L60E automatic transmission.
Cosmetically, the Impala SS received body-colored trim, which helped reduce the sometimes "bloated" look of the standard Caprice, a unique single-bar grille with no hood ornament and, a rear deck spoiler. It was fitted with 17-inch (430 mm) brushed aluminum wheels with 255/50ZR17 tires. Inside, the car came with a central console with cup holders (1994 and 1995 models) and a storage compartment, leather seats embroidered with the Impala SS logo, and a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel.
For the 1994 model year, it was available only in black with a grey interior. Due to a shortage of the unique 5-spoke aluminum wheels (manufactured by ROH in Australia), only 6,303 cars were sold. However, the wheel shortage was remedied for the 1995 model year and 21,434 cars were sold. In 1995, Dark Cherry Metallic and Dark Grey Green were added as exterior color options, and the body paneling on the rear quarter panel was altered to reflect the cosmetic effect formerly achieved by a window insert. Another change from 1994 was the placement of the side mirrors from pods attached to the door to a larger format attached to the 'A' pillar. 1996 was the last year of production with 41,941 units sold. The 1996 Impala SS production went late into the model year; the last one being produced on December 13, 1996. It saw minor interior alterations, with the digital speedometer being replaced by an analog one, along with a tachometer. The shifter was moved from the column to the center console, and the engine was given an OBD-II computer control system (the camshaft was reground to adjust for the new computer).
A special ceremony was held at the plant on December 13, 1996[2] for M.G. "Pinky" Randall, a Chevrolet collector from Houghton Lake, Mich., who bought the last Impala SS. When Randall drove the car with the dark cherry-metallic paint off the line, he was accompanied by County Judge Tom Vandergriff in the front passenger seat. In the back seat were Mayor Richard Greene, plant manager Herb Stone and Lonnie Morgan, president of United Auto Workers Local 276, which represents about 1,900 of the plant's 2,100 employees. "I didn't think this last car would get publicity like this," said Randall, 69. The Impala becomes the 46th vehicle in Randall's Chevrolet collection.
The entire B/D-body line, consisting of the Chevrolet Caprice, Impala SS, Buick Roadmaster and Cadillac Fleetwood, was discontinued by General Motors, as GM wanted more assembly lines to be able to produce more profitable SUVs. Another fact was that the Caprice was the only B-body with a market share since fleet sales to law enforcement outnumbered sales of all other B-bodies.

BTW
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm not going to bother reading all that, but just keep in mind, as few asshole's opinions on the impalassforum are not necessarily the opinion of ISSCA. They are two completely separate entities. Wink

The last thing you need to do is "stay away" from ISSCA. The ONE club that's trying to keep our cars in the limelight and keep the aftermarket support. Keep that in mind.

~Bill
ISSCA #257
Proud ISSCA member since it's inception
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 pm

It's the ISSF, you've got to keep away from it's BS.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm not going to bother reading all that, but just keep in mind, as few asshole's opinions on the impalassforum are not necessarily the opinion of ISSCA. They are two completely separate entities. Wink

The last thing you need to do is "stay away" from ISSCA. The ONE club that's trying to keep our cars in the limelight and keep the aftermarket support. Keep that in mind.

~Bill
ISSCA #257

Yea, excellent point. Its supposed to be about, tech help, spreading mod ideas, and after market updates and stuff. I got pretty aggrevated at the ignorance of some of these morons. The article is just a nice history of the Impala from its drawing board in '91 to its cancellation in '96

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

GasTT wrote:

caprice < impala MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

TOO FUNNY cheers
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Yea I figured I'd stir up some drama and then never return. tongue
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:47 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
GasTT wrote:

caprice < impala MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

TOO FUNNY cheers

Good point Arrow
Dont forget
BBB > DGGM, DCM, etc...etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

~Bill
ISSCA #257
What he said. While I have never joined ISSCA, I have to agree that it is there for all the right reasons. The forum is a great tool for the hobby also, but over the years I have seen alot of good people leave. Most because they sell their car or what not. But the disturbing part is when they leave because of the Bull Shit. This is why many new forums have been started. I like it here because it is like a family for every owner of a b or d-body in new england. For the most part, we all help one another and enjoy our family reunions. Razz

GasTT wrote:
Yea I figured I'd stir up some drama and then never return. tongue
Nick! Is that you? geek
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Ddin't they make more Impalas in '96 then almost any other b-body? If they want exclusive then they should cruise around in them police wagons Wink

I bet my car can beat up their car anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 am

bammax wrote:
Ddin't they make more Impalas in '96 then almost any other b-body? If they want exclusive then they should cruise around in them police wagons Wink

I bet my car can beat up their car anyway Razz

In the corners or a demo derby? Razz

You could enter a demo take the trophy and drive home lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 am

I left the ISSF because of the bullshit and the drama and the quality of ownership/peopple went WAAAAAAAAAY downhill once these cars became affordable to anyone. I couldn't stand the childishness anymore. And I was one of the holdouts from better times. Oh well. If they ever get the info back that was lost in the crash, it will be a valuable resource once again. But until then, only head over there with your flamesuit and your jester's hat on. I only head back to buy and sell stuff occasionally now. Too bad. Used to be a good place.

And I feel it must be repeated... ISSCA has NOTHING to do with ISSF. It's just that that board is the biggest for our group, so all the public discussion is there. And Scott was good enough to give us a section there because of that fact.

FWIW, ISSCA has its own website and forum, too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 am

And just to end the argument above just look at this statement. It is very true.

"Every single 1994-1996 Impala SS in the entire world is actually a Chevy Caprice.....with the WX3 option.

KW"
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:27 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
And just to end the argument above .....

There's no ending that arguement.
All I can say is anyone feeling the NEED to argue needs more to do with their time.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Nick! Is that you? geek

No billy,. it,s not a fair playing field on the issf,. its a clique,.if the supermod or fat kahuna don't like you or your posts start to have an edge over them,. , you get banned,. end of story,.Then it becomes a case of pile on, by the rest of the sheep,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
And just to end the argument above just look at this statement. It is very true.

"Every single 1994-1996 Impala SS in the entire world is actually a Chevy Caprice.....with the WX3 option.

KW"

Eh, why bother trying to be logical with idiots like that.
Back to top Go down
Area 51 Perf

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Nick,

How do you live being so persecuted and wrongly accused?
Must be tough or you have multiple personalities.

I haven't posted or done anything on the ISSForum for almost a year and you still say I'm doing all this bad stuff to people.

You should get a life.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Area 51 Perf wrote:
Nick,

How do you live being so persecuted and wrongly accused?
Must be tough or you have multiple personalities.

I haven't posted or done anything on the ISSForum for almost a year and you still say I'm doing all this bad stuff to people.

You should get a life.

you who manages to troll around all the internet forums any time there's a reference to you,.IF as you say you haven't done anything for a year??( well as area 51) then someone else is using your identity,.which i said was happening a long time ago,.
Those are your same old tired words, i didn't say anywhere that i was/am persecuted or wrongly accused,. read what i wrote,. it still stands,.
Only 8 posts on this forum,.all classified ad related,. and 1 for this thread,. and right after i posted too,. Hmmmm,. get a life paulie,.and leave me the fuck alone,.go get drunk and kiss the fat kahuna,.or go post some Private Messages,s.and whine about them,.just like the bitchy old gossipy maid you are,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:10 am

Hey Nick, reach around behind you & pull your panties out of your ass will you. Razz
I didnt get a chance to meet you the last 2 times you were here so I know I'm a stranger to you but, Christ, you've gotta relax a little.
If I went back & counted the personal attacks on this forum, I think yours would be the only ones.
What gives? I THINK the idea here is to leave that stuff at the door.
Not 1 of the guys youve gone after needs your attitude.
Its not so hard to play nice, just edit out the bullshyt, like I just did Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:29 am

It was only a matter of time. Good thing I got the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF   Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow...now I know why I stay away from ISSF
Page 1 of 1