BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy

Go down 
+3
silverfox103
boojum
toomanytoyz
7 posters
AuthorMessage

My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy Empty
PostSubject: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:55 pm

We went to home dopot this afternoon. I was looking for carpet runners. I swear!

But since I have decided to do my own bodywork, it was time to get some new tools.

The second pic shows my welder. And yes I will be bringing everything to mod day. Just can't have enough tools.

My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy Tooltime002
My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy Tooltime003
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Awesome!!!!

Feel like practicing your sheetmetal skills on cab corners on my truck? You can screw up all you want and I won't care. Smile It'll let you get your un-sure-ities (?) out of the way on my POS before you work on your SS. Smile We can even spray it if you want... Wink

Juss sayin. Wink

Oh, and nice score on the tools! cheers What's even better is the fact that Phyllis let you play with them in the livingroom! Cool

I also managed to finagle a new DeWalt drill bit set and a propane torch and soldering stuff by my Chief Financial Advisor today. Smile I was able to get her approval on a nice DeWalt cordless set with a drill and impact combo with two batteries and a charger AND a small compressor and 3 nail guns about 3 weeks ago!!! Smile I like working on the house, gives me an excuse to get some tools! king
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
boojum

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Well welding body panels is nice but removing broken exhaust manifold bolts is what welders are made for!
From cast iron heads anyway.

Since I don't have a sheet metal brake I bent the metal for the Camaro headlight brackets with a piece of angle iron and a couple of c-clamps. Rather than trying to accurately make a piece with multiple bends, which is just about impossible with this method, I just made two pieces and welded them together.

I still can't weld very well but I'm a welding fool when it comes to muffler hangers. You can just just see one here on the Camaro.

MIG welders > TBI

Spray guns? All you need is some Rustoleum, sand paper, paint thinner, foam rollers, and some polishing compound. Really. Who needs two stage paint jobs?

Last edited by boojum on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Bill C

I don't think Bill M is telling the whole truth, if you look closely in picture #2 on the left side there is what appears to be a new vacuum cleaner. I think there was a trade-off here. Bill got the tools and Phyllis got the vacuum cleaner.

Just an observation.

Tom
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Whatever it takes, man! Smile

silverfox103 wrote:
Bill C

I don't think Bill M is telling the whole truth, if you look closely in picture #2 on the left side there is what appears to be a new vacuum cleaner. I think there was a trade-off here. Bill got the tools and Phyllis got the vacuum cleaner.

Just an observation.

Tom
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:53 pm

jesus im happy to be able to put gas in my car Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:18 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Bill C

Just an observation.

Tom
Actually Tom, that is our steam cleaner. I had tried on saturday to steam clean the carpet from the SS. It did not work well. scratch
I wound up taking it to the car wash after a good scrubbing. Looks much better now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:33 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Awesome!!!!

Feel like practicing your sheetmetal skills on cab corners on my truck? You can screw up all you want and I won't care. Smile It'll let you get your un-sure-ities (?) out of the way on my POS before you work on your SS. Smile We can even spray it if you want... Wink
Sounds like good times. Basketball I'm there. cheers
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 pm

sometimes there is a trade off.. i had checked out tire rack for my tt-2 rims and tires , with that price in mind went to town fair tire and the wife was with me ,he said about 1900 i said nope , he said what was the cost u had , i told him, i never really mention the cost of the set to the wife , ok i said he matched t/r, shock was on her face but quickly recomposed, after this lets take a ride to best buy she said,......well that 42" plasma works real fine ....so tit for tat i guess
Back to top Go down
UberWagon

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 am

Wait. So you got a set of TT2's with rubber AND a 42" plasma:shock:............ Man it sounds like our wives need a forum too:), I am all to familiar with trade offs when it comes to car stuff and tools. Of course I have saved us thousands by doing work on the cars myself so my wife is very understanding when it comes to tools.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:24 am

Well guys. I too have a trade off. I have to let her drive the car this summer. scratch So she wants me to get it road worthy. cheers

Ray, that thinking is the best way to get new tools. Just explain how much it will cost to have the work done, then explain how much the tools are and how much you will save by doing it yourself. Plus you will have the tools after the job is done.

My wife has even offered to throw money at this car. She has never offered a stimulus package like that before. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Sounds like a good deal. My girlfriend is trying that stimulus thing too. She went out and bought an old muscle car and now it's my job to help her find parts and fix it. I guess I'm like your wife in this story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy   My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy Empty

Back to top Go down

My accountant (wife) allowed me to stimulate the economy
Page 1 of 1