BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine Empty
PostSubject: Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine   Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:51 am

I had a couple questions for you. On the 4.3L video you had the baffle on the intake capped off. What did you use? *Remember the big fat stupid thing that said V8 Blah Blah Fuel Injection.* It was clamped at the intake manifold, what did you use to cap it?
Did you know that the LT1 swap was fairly pointless? I talked to a guy from General Motors yesterday, he says the 4.3L V8 is an LT1 with a 4.3L V6 intake manifold on it. Everything else on it is basically a 350. Other minor things like the EGR valve, Three-way cat, other small stuff like that. I heard that and about had a stroke. Now the 4.3 I have can be an LT1 for under 400 bucks!
I do like your caprice though, it's beautiful. Even with the dent in the 1/4panel. White-wall out on the tires makes a damn good looking ride. The only thing left to do is chop the top. *there's a guy here in utah that can chop tops and imma have him do mine.*

I just really wanna know how you capped that stupid ass hole where that baffle was. It looked like an engine cover but it was connected to the intake assembly. Can't miss it if you watch your video. Also on the LT1 something to remember. You can just as easily swap it from LT to LS very simply. New computer system and Vortech Heads you got an LS1.

============

Wow. I cannot stand the people who think they know everything about Caprices and LT1 engines. It makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine   Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 am

I coulda put vortec heads and an LT1 intake in place of my 6 cyl intake and had an LS1? Now you tell me. Maybe I can swap my carb for a tpi intake and have a big block diesel scratch
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine   Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 am

bammax wrote:
I coulda put vortec heads and an LT1 intake in place of my 6 cyl intake and had an LS1? Now you tell me. Maybe I can swap my carb for a tpi intake and have a big block diesel scratch

THATS what im gonna do to the wagon! How stupid of me. How can I have missed how easy it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine   Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Some MORON on YouTube sent me a message to educate me on my engine
Page 1 of 1