BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Holy Mint Condition Batman!

Go down 
+7
LandMaster
bammax
No Moa
toomanytoyz
Matt Trakker
mean ss
Pooge
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pooge

Pooge

Holy Mint Condition Batman! Empty
PostSubject: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:26 pm

So I went and picked up this gem this morning. 96 SS rolling chassis/body with 46,xxx miles. It is missing drivetrain, console and shifter, tails, front bumper and a jag of other little crap. I have everything but the console/shifter, and the drivetrain...

Did I mention it is cleaner than some new cars I have seen? You could eat off the bottom of the floor pans...

Holy Mint Condition Batman! 96bbbdriver004
Holy Mint Condition Batman! 96bbbdriver003
Holy Mint Condition Batman! 96bbbdriver005
Holy Mint Condition Batman! 96bbbdriver001

And I saved my favorite one for last...
Holy Mint Condition Batman! 96bbbdriver002

I have never seen an Impala this clean, never mind considered the possibility of owning one. It is a project, don't get me wrong, but I am like a friggin school boy I'm so excited...

Originally I was gonna buy it, but an LT1 in it, drive it for a year or two and sell it for some profit, but this baby is like a wet dream, she is going to be my lady.

Current plan looks like this:
-LSx motor (Heads/Cam/Headers, would like about 400HP)
-T56
-4.11s
-Sunroof
-Z06 wheels
Other than the wheels I want it to look boner stock and clean as a whistle.

I see this as a multi year project, but basically a dream machine. Sorry for going on and on, I'm just super excited...

Doug
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 pm

NICE Very Happy I don't ever remember seeing paint on the frame of mine and I got mine new
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Sweet
I like the posi delete mod. Razz
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Wow dude, that thing is "creeeen"...

What's the story behind it? Why did a low mileage clean car get scavenged like that? Nice to see it's complete enough to resurrect, the paint even looks like you could definitely bring it back swirl free with a rotary or a PC polisher.

You might have a hard time finding all those parts though... Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow dude... That is CHERRY! Smile

Kick ASS! Smile

Know anyone with a parts car?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 pm

unfreaking believeable. U lucky SOB. U must have driven to AZ to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys, I couldn't help but share, this is the condition of car I always wanted, but could never afford, so now I get to build the drivetrain to go with such a clean slate.

No Moa wrote:
unfreaking believeable. U lucky SOB. U must have driven to AZ to get it.

I have my tentacles all over New England baby! This one was found in good old Burlington Vt. Was an original New York car, but was BABIED

Matt Trakker wrote:
Wow dude, that thing is "creeeen"...

What's the story behind it? Why did a low mileage clean car get scavenged like that? Nice to see it's complete enough to resurrect, the paint even looks like you could definitely bring it back swirl free with a rotary or a PC polisher.

You might have a hard time finding all those parts though... Laughing

Story goes something like this: Guy buys it new, in 8 years puts 43,000 miles on it. Some guy bought it in 2003 who had come into some money, built the motor into a 383 with a SC, ran it for about 3K miles, then changed gears and put the motor in something else.... He then started "parting" the car out, which was stupid small stuff like random screws and bolts, front bumper, tails, etc. Then this younger guy, probably 23, buys it as a parts car about 2 years ago, trades the hood and front seats for the ones in his car and decides it is far to nice to be parting out. This is where Doug comes in and saves the poor car and brings it home to one day be a badass weekend warrior.

As far as paint goes, it does not get much better. I plan to give it a thorough cleaning and a coat of wax, throw it in the garage and put the car cover over it till I get a drivetrain and get it back running, once that is done I plan a professional detail and buff job to make it look new again.

Doug
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:15 pm

I think your right on the money for an ls/t56 combo. What a great start. Gd luck!
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Your a bum. Save some cars for the rest of us why don't you Razz
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

I am infinitley jealous. Good job on the find!
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

I don't know squat about rear-ends... Looking at that rear end picture, if I am going to put 4.11 and an aftermarket LSD in the rear, am I going to need a "parts" rear from one of my other cars to complete that axle assembly?

Basically what is missing from there??? Ring, Pinion, and LSD...what else?

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 pm

What's LSD ?
Looks like you just need posi/gears and center bearings.
Probably your best bet is a full kit from CIA.
and a Yoke for the driveshaft ????
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:03 am

M.ROSS wrote:
What's LSD ?
Looks like you just need posi/gears and center bearings.
Probably your best bet is a full kit from CIA.
and a Yoke for the driveshaft ????

LSD= Limited Slip Diff.... That's what I have have always refered to them as. I'll likely put a Detroit Tru-Track on this one since my other Impala had one and I LOVED it.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:17 am

Definalty do the tru-trac, get a bearing kit, seals have it shimmed up with the right gears u want and wa-la. I'm guessing the brakes and stuff is ok, but because the bearings have been eposed to dust I would change them.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm

No Moa wrote:
Definalty do the tru-trac, get a bearing kit, seals have it shimmed up with the right gears u want and wa-la. I'm guessing the brakes and stuff is ok, but because the bearings have been eposed to dust I would change them.

Great, that's what I was planning, but I was not sure if there was something that was missing there that would not be in the setup that I have planned.

Thank you sir(s)!

Doug
Back to top Go down
outragis

outragis

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Pooge wrote:

I have my tentacles all over New England baby! This one was found in good old Burlington Vt. Was an original New York car, but was BABIED

did you buy this from a kid on curtis ave? he has a ss on 20's with huge tires? his dad drag races a camaro?
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Sounds about right, nice people...the car had been sitting for a couple years, pretty impressive how clean it still is.

Doug

outragis wrote:
Pooge wrote:

did you buy this from a kid on curtis ave? he has a ss on 20's with huge tires? his dad drag races a camaro?
Back to top Go down
alwyswntd1

alwyswntd1

PostSubject: car elegance   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 pm

wow all i can say is wow Shocked
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:59 pm

I just bumped into this topic. Never knew you had this car. All I gotta say is whoever started selling parts off this car is a complete MORON. I would SLAP the TASTE out of their mouth if I ever met them.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah Tim, but it'll work out nicely in the end. Smile

And this car looks even nicer in person! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:08 am

GasTT wrote:
I just bumped into this topic. Never knew you had this car. All I gotta say is whoever started selling parts off this car is a complete MORON. I would SLAP the TASTE out of their mouth if I ever met them.

Yah, it was like a weird dream going to see it. I saw the pictures, which focused on all the missing parts, so I kind of expected worse. As soon as I got there it was all I could do not to yell at the guy for taking parts off it, but it was nearly flawless minus the missing parts. I stayed calm, made a low-ball offer and walked away with it.

I assure you that it will see the road next year and the fallowing winter might find a Mark-style frame resto.

Just a little update for those that has not seen in person. I have the complete LS swap kit in hand (Ceramic coated headers, motor.tranny mounts, CTS-V oil pan), all the little parts that were missing off the car, and a set of C3 fab's badass looking rear upper and lower arms. Next is the rear and brakes.

Doug
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 am

Wow doug, ur collecting at a record pace. That's going to be a sweet car, not that it already isn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Mint Condition Batman!   Holy Mint Condition Batman! Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Mint Condition Batman!
Page 1 of 1