BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:09 pm

My nighbor has a 94 roadmaster wagon. Her drivers rotor is gone. And when I say gone, I mean gone. All front rotors have an inner and outer with cooling fins in the middle. Hers have no inner, and no cooling fins. They look like rear discs. I need a pair in decent shape for as cheap as possible. She is a single mother on a fixed income and does not have alot of money, so if anyone can help close by, that would be great. The cheapest I have seen at autozone was $51ea.

Thank you
Bill
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm sure Zack can get you a cheaper rotor.... but It probably isn't worth it to drive to Norwood.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Damn. Sorry dude. I always just throw mine away. Always perfectly servicable, too. Now I know why I shoulda kept them!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Well if she has to buy new ones then she has to buy new ones. Hopefully someone has a pair. As it is, My labor will be donated just to help her out.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm

If only 1 rotor is toasted, doesn't that mean that caliper is seized and needs to be replaced?

Also, won't she need pads for that side?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Well if she has to buy new ones then she has to buy new ones. Hopefully someone has a pair. As it is, My labor will be donated just to help her out.
I will see if I can get parts cheaper at work. scratch I am at just over $200 for everything through autozone. That is rotors, calipers, pads, bolts, seals, and grease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 pm

White93ltz wrote:
If only 1 rotor is toasted, doesn't that mean that caliper is seized and needs to be replaced?

Also, won't she need pads for that side?
Everyting is wasted. Not only is the rotor gone, but the pads are shaved down to nothing to the piont that the calipers have opened past their working area, putting them at risk of damage, and they had fluid pouring out of the seal. I did not bother to look at the other side. Because I wil only do both not just one side. With the drivers side that bad the pass side is not far behind.

I will most certainly have pics of ths carnage. affraid
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:08 am

My mother had a car that she drove the brakes off of. The pads wore down to the backing and then the rivets from the backing plates wore groves into the rotor until finally the rivets let go and dropped the backing plate right out of the caliper. That was a pain in the ass to fix.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: brake emergency/ rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 am

bill i have a set of good front rotors i took off from my r/m . been miked and every thing. im planning on coming down sun. do you need before that? ill give them to you. im cleaning out my storage units.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Brake emergency/ Rotors needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1