BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cloud 9

cloud 9

Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  Empty
PostSubject: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Happy Spring Everyone!
So I got the Caprice reg and inspected yesterday. All was good. This morning I decided to take her to work so I went out and warmed it up before I left. When I turned the heater on I heard a bunch of shit rattling around and then a bad vibration like the was something substantial in the fan motor. Probably a dead chipmunk. How much of a pain in the ass is it to get it apart and cleaned out. I haven't been in there yet. Thanks in advance for any advice/help. See you all soon, and happy motoring Cool  
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Easy.....under the dash, behind glove box area, you will easily see it.  Three screws and out it comes.

Tom
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks Tom. I'm gonna check it out tomorrow when I get out of work. Arrow
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Three 7mm screws, plug, and it's out. Mine was filled with the grey sound deadener in my green 9c1. Came out easy enough. Just the nest, no creatures. But it sounded like a Mustang smashing into a crowd of people. Very annoying.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:19 pm

I just had to do this on the SS. This was a bad winter for everyone as far as meeses apparently...been hearing about problems with all kinda of cars. I noticed this time they seem to be jamming those maple tree helicopter things [maple keys] into weird places and eating the seeds on the end. I found them in the old Impala hood...in the fuse box under the hood of the Tahoe, on the SS engine...They were screwing around in every vehicle I own except the Astro ...and they somehow got into the attic where I live.

The suckiest part really is being on your back with your head under the dash trying to reach it..moreso with no paved area to park...otherwise it's not hard
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
But it sounded like a Mustang smashing into a crowd of people.

This had me rolling hahahaha
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Love the analogy Billy Razz Gonna dig into it in the morning. Gotta change the oil and give her a bath inside and out. Thanks again guys, for the input.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 am

FIXED Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.    Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Goddam Chipmunks! Blower Motor advice please.
Page 1 of 1