BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyToday at 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell

Go down 
+5
MASShole9C1
V8Killer
MalibuSSwagon
Pooge
1984twodoor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  Empty
PostSubject: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:50 pm

Alright guys here it is, my new pride and joy. Way cooler than a two door caprice.

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  <a href=New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  DCD0CB72-4830-4E9D-82A9-E0EF3F161A53_zpsdzxmcsed" />

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  732AB7B7-98D8-4F80-9409-C4DEADE94784_zpsgav19b5u

bish got a fresh bath kehd

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  9BC5381D-7E9A-4F80-8E77-AB20E82A4880_zpszlc37p8x

as found condish

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  <a href=New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  BF0D578E-BBEA-418A-AEC0-D3244344FAA4_zpssw0yirwg" />

Taking offers on the two door and parts, dont need it anymore. This thing is way more hood. smell ya later big body cars. Hello RICE
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:47 am

Looks pretty clean...I always preferred the 92-95 body over all the others.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

You could likely flip it to a real ricer for a good profit. I'd do that before it gets stolen.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Excellent, dibs on the blue Bonnies Laughing
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 5:39 pm

1) you're a terrible liar

Lol

2) I want the cookie and other asst'd snacks delivery truck in the background
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 pm

At least it's not a Ford product. And with all of the gas $$$ you'll be saving, you can get working on the Caprice again Arrow
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 8:24 pm

Matt swung by my house in this car blasting Spanish music as loud as possible...while I stood there mouth agape at the fact there was still an original Civic hatch out there. I didn't realize you could get a car that recent with no factory power steering.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 am

Pooge wrote:
Looks pretty clean...I always preferred the 92-95 body over all the others.

I didn't really have any preference until this one came up so cheap.

MalibuSSwagon wrote:
You could likely flip it to a real ricer for a good profit. I'd do that before it gets stolen.

LOL, I don't live in a bad "hood" however the "hood" is where I will sell it once I'm done.

V8Killer wrote:
Excellent, dibs on the blue Bonnies  Laughing

What blue bonnies!? Suspect Exclamation Question Laughing

MASShole9C1 wrote:
1) you're a terrible liar

Lol

2) I want the cookie and other asst'd snacks delivery truck in the background

I figured I'd try it out and see what reactions I could get! And do you want the truck or the snack I'll ask for both!

cloud 9 wrote:
At least it's not a Ford product. And with all of the gas $$$ you'll be saving, you can get working on the Caprice again Arrow

Did the math, 26MPG beating on it until the muffle blew apart and teaching my girlfriend to drive manual! Perfect for what I bought it for! Arrow

Matt Trakker wrote:
Matt swung by my house in this car blasting Spanish music as loud as possible...while I stood there mouth agape at the fact there was still an original Civic hatch out there.  I didn't realize you could get a car that recent with no factory power steering.

HAHAHAHA true story! My girlfriend's first reaction to the car was "this is gross omg why" Then she told me it looked like I was driving around in a giant eggplant...So anyway introducing "The Eggplant"! Matt forgot to post the awesome picture he took that night.

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  11822513_794529556376_3251201364432541324_n

Playing up all of the stereotypes that I don't quite fit Laughing

So, the explanation here is kind of leading into an update and revival of my caprice build thread. Going back to when I fell off the face of the earth around last fall when I got so busy with work, training for work, keeping the cougar on the damn road, trying to store the caprice, then snowmagedon hit me and I didn't sleep from mid january until april working around the clock two different jobs...things kind of fell apart!

Anyway, the caprice was safe and sound all winter indoors, that was my main focus. My next major item on the to do list was to replace the cougar as I knew that kitty was on it's 9th life and it was ending fast. I was searching all of the dealerships including the one I worked at, realized I couldn't afford ANYTHING and was in the process of getting a loan for a very clean 01 silverado half ton when I backed out not wanting a payment. Still with nothing I stumbled upon a diamond in the rough:

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  10858353_10152668302446089_3562406347565857297_n

This truck was towed into work sometime in late september of last year, I gave the driver the chock block, it was in our way as far as parking the medium duty trucks and I never even thought twice about it. Until my buddy at work, the transmission tech texted me one night on my way home saying that they were not going to fix that truck and it was heading to the boneyard... I said WHAT THE $*%&! The customer complaint was it had no park or forward/reverse gears. It was just a beatup muddy farm truck to them and a big tax write off as a loss. To me, it was a gift from above. I had the service writer call the maintenance guy at the farm and tell them to bring the title and I'll give them 500 Bucks cash. Two days later he brought me the title, truck was mine.

So, I stole this 03 2500HD with a 6.0 and what I thought was a junk tcase. I pushed it over to my bay one night got it inside, rinsed at least 20-30#s of MUD out of the frame and off of everything else.
New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  10433093_10152668302521089_1471114952044458959_n

The next day I ripped out the T-case, found it was perfectly fine, grabbed the tailshaft of the trans and it spun like the damn wheel of fortune. Ripped it out and me and the trans tech pulled it apart...needless to say "my shits dickered big times boys!"

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  10923536_10152668302916089_4061748883815376587_n

besides the obvious, mud and water got into the TC and the front pump cover and it needed a ton of hardparts, rebuild cost was nearly 2K my cost on parts. F that. Junk yard unit has 10K on it now and going strong as an ox! So for 1500 bucks I had a real nice 87,250 mile 3/4 truck! BYE BYE COUGAR! (still have it, howler is in a few months!)

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  10373508_10152668303806089_5959035468581285029_n

she cleaned up really nice, needs cab corners and rockers, going in for that in a few weeks now that I have wheels, or rice lol. Cheap wheel covers did the trick! Some used tires! ball joints and I was good to go!

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  10350421_10152668304076089_8232504370376781402_n

To make it even better, they called me up after the first snow storm and asked if I was interested in the plow that came off of the truck... Guess how much bought it!

So, I have this truck, I'm going through the updates, mods, and maint. did the brake lines all of the fluid services etc etc. I'm doing pretty good! But I got tired of the weekly fill up. It was getting COSTLY! Enter the eggplant!

And now we've come full circle! So stay tuned next week to see a MUCH overdue update on the two door caprice rebuild!

Thanks for reading, thanks for being a great club, heres hoping I spent more time posting and less working! Arrow

Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 am

You'll be back.

Let me be the first to offer you twice what you paid for the truck.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:00 am

Great work snagging the truck. Those 6.0 trucks take maintenance, but they hold up well when cared for. I keep talking about a new one, but I just can't justify it when my truck costs me maybe $1000/year total.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 pm

boojum wrote:
You'll be back.

Let me be the first to offer you twice what you paid for the truck.

I will respectfully consider and decline the offer Wink

Pooge wrote:
Great work snagging the truck. Those 6.0 trucks take maintenance, but they hold up well when cared for. I keep talking about a new one, but I just can't justify it when my truck costs me maybe $1000/year total.

Yeah the truck was easily one of the best purchases I've ever made, right up there with rust free two door caprice doors and my snap on box brand new for a 1/3 of retail. The truck needs one lifter, it occasionally spins in it's little cup, needs manifold bolts too, so if I can't get the bolts out easily on the truck I'll pull the heads take care of the lifters and the cam and then drill out the stud on the bench. As of right now I'm most concerned with getting the body work handled and fixing the axle seals and upgrading the tbars and replacing the blown out Tbar mounts. I will probably keep this truck as long as it wants to stay with me, it's too dead nuts reliable and cheap to own.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Dude... It's fucking PURPLE!

Awesome. Black wheels and tint and you're done. Wink

Sweet truck, too. You lucky SOB. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Dude... It's fucking PURPLE!

Awesome. Black wheels and tint and you're done. Wink

Sweet truck, too. You lucky SOB. Smile

LOL that's why its called the eggplant! I was thinking hids, ebay precut tint, and maybe some craigslist si wheels that are probably hotter than a 3 dollar pistol. Either that or some sweet "teggy" wheels painted white!

The truck is my workhorse, I'll spend a grand on that before I spend ten bucks on the civic! Laughing Like right now how it's getting rockers and cab corners
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:30 pm

I wouldn't touch that thing...it's probably the only one left like it lol
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I wouldn't touch that thing...it's probably the only one left like it lol

I'm totally the wrong guy to preserve a honda civic in it's original form. I'm sure there are more out there, I actually drove past an old bearded guy in the same body style but black on 93, he was going about 55 in the slow lane so I think that will be the true last original.

That being said, if any honda purists out there read this come give me a handful of cash and it's yours.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
*snip* old bearded guy *snip*

That being said, if any honda purists out there read this come give me a handful of cash and it's yours.

Define "handful"... Wink

And, I love the name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell    New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ride moving to a new forum its been real guys: two door fo sell
Page 1 of 1