BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

NH guys - Keene area living?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
96Brougham

NH guys - Keene area living? Empty
PostSubject: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Looking for some insight from the NH crew. I had a job interview yesterday in Keene and am considering relocating from MA to that area. Any opinions on the area? I currently go to Winchester every weekend May-Oct for camping, I have a seasonal site at Forest Lake campground. I know a lot of Winchester is a dump but what about other local areas?
Also, is it cheaper to transfer my license and vehicles to NH from MA or should I not even bother? Thanks for any advise guys.
-Paul
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi Paul

If you have a chance to better yourself and get a better job, why not. I haven't been to Keene that much, but I know it's a pretty nice area. It has a college and stuff that goes along with what young people like to do and they had the pumpkin festival. It would probably be best to live in NH, if you are working there. If you were to live in MA and work in NH, you would have to pay MA income tax on your NH income.

As for your car, definitely cheaper to insure, no sales tax and you don't have to deal with the Registry of A..holes. Take a rid up there for a couple of days and check it out.

Tom

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:36 pm

The only difference is expect to pay 80-100 on registering your car every year. Otherwise no taxes on the car, no sales tax and no income tax! I live out in Weare which is about 45 mins from Keene, nice area to live.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:38 pm

I almost forgot, if they apply: Cigarettes, Liquor and Fireworks!
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:25 pm

The Keene area is nice.

My only issue with that area is highway access. It's quite a distance to anything from there.

But if you don't mind driving back roads its not too bad.
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks for the input so far guys! Chances are I'm taking the job, I'll be living at the campground until it closes in October. From there I'll most likely be staying at my parents other house in Westminster MA which is about 45mins away. My aunt lives close to Keene, in Westmoreland, and said I can use the address to her place if I want to switch the cars and everything over. I'm overwhelmed with everything right now!!
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:46 am

Paul,

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to call me, I'm in Walpole, about 10 minutes north of Westmoreland, pretty sure you've been to the house.

I'm not a huge fan of Winchester as a whole, but it has it's nice spots. Keene you would need to give me addresses, there are really great parts of town and total dive areas also, I'd be glad to scope out any potential addresses for you. Anything north of Keene is great, Spofford is great, most of Chesterfield is pretty nice.

Seriously anything at all, I have lived and worked in the Keene area my whole life.

What's the job?

Doug
603-three1three-six98four
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NH guys - Keene area living?   NH guys - Keene area living? Empty

Back to top Go down

NH guys - Keene area living?
Page 1 of 1