BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Car hauler trailer help. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Car hauler trailer help. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Car hauler trailer help. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Car hauler trailer help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

Car hauler trailer help. Empty
PostSubject: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:20 pm

So guys, now that I have a truck with a 7k tow rating, and a driveway to keep it. I am thinking of buying a car hauler to buy, fix, and sell cars on the side. I am looking for any advise, knowledge, or info on one for sale. Any help or understanding about what I should pay, what to look for, what to stay away from would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Bill
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Well, first of all don't pay too much. When you are looking keep in mind there are several area dealers that stock new trailers, and a 16ft Big Tex 70CH (7k gross rating) goes for around $2600 brand new.

For a fixer upper except to spend around $1000 to $2000. Maybe less if you come across a deal. I paid $1000 for my current one, which is a 1993 Big tex 70CH 16 ft. Granted it needed a bit of wiring and it needs a bit of welding, but nothing structural is wrong. Just research the price of things and decide what you want to tackle workwise.

Hit craigslist and search for "car trailer" in the general all section search bar. People post them in every section. There are a lot of garbage homemade trailers out there, avoid those. I had one for while, it was ok and I got a lot done. But it just didn't tow as nice. Also avoid the landscape trailers and equipment trailers people try to pass off as car trailers. Landscape trailers have a rail around the sides that just gets in the way and may not allow you to open the doors on the loaded car. Equipment trailers have a higher deck which makes loading a bit tougher, and are usually heavier.

You may also find in your searching a car trailer thats a few years old, that the guy has installed a box and winch on. Could be a good buy if you can afford to lay out the coin all at once. The factory built car trailers usually have stake packets on them so you can build stake sides and use it for house things. Helps to convince the other half on your new purchase.

Here's a few searches to start you off

http://nh.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car+hauler&sort=rel&srchType=T

http://nh.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=car+trailer&sort=rel&srchType=T
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Trailers make good tree magnets, get one that can take a moderate hit.
Test fit N97s before you buy. Smile
Put the rear wheels of the truck under sturdy ramps to make it easier to load low cars.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:51 pm

I thought you were already buying, fixing, and selling cars scratch

Laughing

Sorry for assing up your thread, carry on elephant
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:16 pm

V8Killer wrote:
I thought you were already buying, fixing, and selling cars scratch

Laughing

Sorry for assing up your thread, carry on elephant
I was until they cut my overtime 5 months ago, and laid off almost the entire company in three layoffs, the last two layoffs in the past couple weeks. Or since I bought the truck. Unemployment may be around the corner. Mad

And thank you Eric. That is what I was looking for as far as info is concerned. I was looking on CL under "auto transport trailer" and coming up empty Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 am

Watch the spelling. Sometimes gems like this enclosed "trailor" turn up.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Go buy a new trailer, don't screw around with used. Been in the trailer business for 25 years, used car trailers are usually beat to shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car hauler trailer help.   Car hauler trailer help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Car hauler trailer help.
Page 1 of 1