BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
96Brougham

03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? Empty
PostSubject: 03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers?   03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:00 am

hey guys, my brother has an 03 Yukon. the rear chrome bumper is rotted horribly, the liscense plate lights fell out! Which is weird because the rest of the truck is fairly clean.
I'd like to get him a new rear bumper for chirstmas, wheres the best place to get one? Must be new, id like it to come with all the plastics and liscense plate brackets, lenses, new hardware etc.. Any suggestions are appreciated! thanks! -Paul
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers?   03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers? EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 am

Paul, I got the new bumper (which I have yet to install) on eBay. It was like 125 bucks shipped or so IIRC. But, it does not come with the trim. I have a Z71 which uses specific trim that you can't really get on a complete kit, it's a different color and type. Also, my bumper is in some kind of black epoxy primer since it's for the "painted" application. I haven't gotten around to it because I'll need to have it painted, so I might as well get the front one painted too, and my rear hatch, and so on...lol.

However, I think you can get the chrome ones WITH the trim. They are much more money, but if you don't feel like removing the plastics and stuff from the old one, it might be worth it to you. It is worth it to get the bare chrome metal section and move everything over to the new bumper if you have everything intact to do so. Sometimes the rear bumper brackets are rotted also, the new bumpers don't come with them but I think you can possibly get them in a kit.

The bumpers rot out from the back. The truck kicks sand and salt into the bumper, which is uncoated on the back, and it rots. The top of the bumper under the step pads also rots, because there are a bunch of little holes for the clips of the plastic to go through...salt gets up under the plastic. I've seen people step on the top of the bumper to get something and their foot go through. So, it's a good idea when receiving the new bumper to undercoat the entire back, and then everything up top that will not be seen once the cladding is installed, because it will rot again. Another reason to consider the cheaper one with no cladding included.

The aftermarket stuff is actually half decent, not thinner than factory or anything.
Back to top Go down

03 Yukon- where to purchase new bumpers?
Page 1 of 1