BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

weird things going on with my roadmaster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

weird things going on with my roadmaster  Empty
PostSubject: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:46 pm

First the car radio dies but all of the lights for the radio go on when the cars on and off when the cars off, second the gate ajar light stays on and when its off a light magically goes on in the back where the tailgate is try shutting it off it doesn't go off unscrewed one of the light bulbs so that hopefully it won't happen again. Along with that when I have my blinker on whether its left or right the seat belt dude will show up then fade repetitively until you turn your blinker off. I'm so puzzled as to why this is going on and how the heck to stop it.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Sounds like a short affecting multiple circuits. My 92 Olds did weird stuff like that, but with different circuits. I took the dash off, couldn't find anything wrong and put it back together. The problem went away after that. Start looking around under the dash for pinched wires are some hacked up wiring mods.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:04 am

The gate ajar and rear cargo light issue sounds like a loose sensor connection in the bottom of the tailgate. I had that same problem on the '92 I had. Easy fix there. The seatbelt light Definitely sounds like a wiring problem. Anything aftermarket added to the car? Check the engine to firewall ground cable FIRST.
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Stereo works well fuse number 2 was blown put a CD player in it anyways wife went to use lighter fuse number 2 blown again setreo shut off and same problems starting happening put another fuse in dont want to touch lighter again puzzled as to what could be causing it to blow
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:46 pm

First check to make sure nothing is in the socket on the bottom (dimes, pennies, etc)
Then I'd look at the two wires on the back of the lighter itself. It shares a circuit with the radio and I think the dome light.
Check for shorts, pinched or broken wires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weird things going on with my roadmaster    weird things going on with my roadmaster  Empty

Back to top Go down

weird things going on with my roadmaster
Page 1 of 1