BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...

Go down 
+9
Boxchevy84
Matt Trakker
Cadet57
95brmw
No Moa
bigbluey88
Pooge
IMPALADAKID
toomanytoyz
13 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... Empty
PostSubject: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey Guys,

So Mike and his family are going through a tough spot right now and their beautiful 10 year old girl Kailyn just came out of surgery at Brigham and Williams hospital (I assume, as she was at Children's hospital for a couple days) and I would like to try and do something for them. She's recovering in the ICU tonight and seems to be doing well! Hopefully by end of day tomorrow she wil be out of ICU. Tomorrow I'm going to send flowers and a teddy bear and a card from all of us. I know it's not much, but it's something. I know that just knowing people care and are pulling for her helps a lot.

If you'd like to contribute, my paypal is toomanytoyz1 at gmail dot com

Keep her in your prayers, thoughts, or whatever it is you do.

Thanks,
Bill
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Wow that is terrible.

Is he the guy who bought Glen's car?

I hope she is going to be alright. I will be praying for her.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I'll send a few bucks tomorrow when I'm in the office, send our love!
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Me and my family send our best hope she is going to be ok.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 am

Yes, he bought my purple car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Bear, balloon, and Journal delivered today. Mike was "amazed and choked up" when they received it from us. He wanted me to say thanks (via facebook). I hope it was able to brighten their day, if just a little.

Keep her in your prayers, Boys.

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... 1016298_10151812697333988_647807215_n
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:48 pm

That's terrible, hope he pulls through.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

If you'd like to contribute, my paypal is toomanytoyz1 at gmail dot com

Keep her in your prayers, thoughts, or whatever it is you do.

Thanks,
Bill
Done, saw my pastor today at lunch. Shes on their list at church. and check your paypal.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Mike is a seriously a super nice guy. It saddens me that anyone's got to deal with something like this, nevermind Mike and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them for sure.

I shot off a few bucks that were in my Paypal, Bill. That's really nice of you to do something like that for them.
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Hey Bill,

Just got home and had a chance to check on the updates. Hope she recovers quickly and I just added a few more bucks to the bucket for her Smile

Andrew
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:34 pm

I've sent what a student can Crovo, hopefully any amount is a good amount. She will pull through!
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:13 am

from the bottom of my heart "thank you guys" as I type this I'm holding back the tears! My baby girl is my life again thank you all! Yes this is hard my baby is one tough girl. To date she is out of the ICU after her blood transfusion. She is doing better but until her tumor is studied we don't know what type of treatment she will need ie radiation and/or chemo. If you want to know more please friend me on facebook. Mike Hewitt. 617-676-8656. I really love what you guys did! thank you!
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Bear, balloon, and Journal delivered today. Mike was "amazed and choked up" when they received it from us. He wanted me to say thanks (via facebook). I hope it was able to brighten their day, if just a little.

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... 1016298_10151812697333988_647807215_n
thanks Bill for that pic. I haven't had the time to post pics and current info. To top it off some "person" smashed into my car while it was parked in the garage. Anyways anyone can friend me @ facebook. Mike Hewitt. 617-676-8656. You guys are all awesome, thanks. This helps me deal with this alittle easier!
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:19 am

mikiehews wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

thanks Bill for that pic. I haven't had the time to post pics and current info. To top it off some "person" smashed into my car while it was parked in the garage. Anyways anyone can friend me @ facebook. Mike Hewitt. 617-676-8656. You guys are all awesome, thanks. This helps me deal with this alittle easier!
when I say "chocked Up" I mean I couldn"t talk! It was that bad! lol, thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 8:06 am

She's one tough little girl, Mike. She's going to be just fine. Smile

Anything we can do, just let us know!

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am

Ok, so odd little situation that I've run into here. You guys have sent me more than I spent on the gift. What do you want to do? Put the extra on a tab at their cafeteria or something?

Mike, any input?
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 pm

My thought is put the extra back into the club!
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:43 pm

I'd like to contribute something if Mike would allow it to go to his daughter.  Maybe money could be used to buy her something she can read/watch/use while she is resting/recovering.  I'm also pretty sure that if I post this on another forum I am on, some guys would be willing to chip in.

Mike, like you I am alive for my girls.  I feel instantly connected with any man who is a decent human being who loves his kids, so although we are strangers I am inclined to reach out to you.

Mike, I sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Bull wrote:
 Maybe money could be used to buy her something she can read/watch/use while she is resting/recovering.  
x2 Anything to cheer her up! I'm sure it will pay for more than a few ice creams right? Arrow 

Keep us updated with the news Mike.
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 am

Yes I agree the extra funds should go to keeping her comfy and happy. if its ice cream and cookies or books study  and toy's Basketball it don't matter so long and she is kept comfy and happy during her speedy recovery
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:11 am

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... Imag1211

alittle update, I'm stuck at work today but Kailyn is feeling better. She is recovering great according to the
doctors. She is finally eating. Yesterday alot of family came to visit her. As far as treatment goes we won't
know untill the results come back from the tumor. She has received alot of support, teddy bears and books, puzzles and such. She might be able to go home early next week per doctors. I honestly don't know what to say about the funds. I'll talk to my wife and she if we can find out where they will be most useful. I don't think either of us
are thinking with clear heads just yet. Thank again. More to come.
Back to top Go down
Boxchevy84

Boxchevy84

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 pm

Just another idea as to what can be done with the funds not knowing the amount but perhaps it could be a good starter egg for a college education (saving's bonds, cd's ) if there is nothing needed that is Smile
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Bull wrote:
I'd like to contribute something if Mike would allow it to go to his daughter.  
Maybe money could be used to buy her something she can read/watch/use while she is resting/recovering..............

............. I feel instantly connected with any man who is a decent human being who loves his kids, so although we are strangers I am inclined to reach out to you.........
+1....This
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Since some of you expressed support of the idea to get some money to Mike and his family, I thought you might want to see the thread I created for that purpose over on the Garagejournal forum. Mike has joined us over there, too.

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3361921#post3361921
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 pm

That is really great of you to do! Nicely put, too.

Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
That is really great of you to do! Nicely put, too.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Update: So Kailyn's tumor has been identified. It's called Ependymoma. We meet with doctors on monday and they laid out the treatment plan. To start she'll receive 7 weeks of chemo followed by (I think one ) direct radiation treatment. Turns out that my wifes healthcare plan isn't taken by Dana Farber. So now we are scrambling on trying to change our coverage plan. We had to pay $700 out of pocket just for the oncologist's consultation. No matter we also met with a finacial resource person who is going to help in every way she can. Tomorrow 9/26 we go back for an MRI. Monday is sceduled for the start of chemo. If chemo works they won't have to open her head again. More to come.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Benefit dinner is anyone is interested, thanks.
[url=Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... Kailyn11]
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I won't be able to make the dinner mike, but id like to buy some tickets. Please let me know how I can get some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...   Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Hewitt's daughter is in the hospital...
Page 1 of 1