BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet

Go down 
+13
sdstick
Ironfistdog
Tomz9C1
bigbluey88
Pooge
Matt Trakker
lynol
Boxchevy84
95brmw
1984twodoor
silverfox103
MASShole9C1
Cadet57
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lynol

lynol

The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pics from the meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Just got home a little while ago (after making several stops). Figured I'd better post these pics now before I forget. Door to door I clocked 480 miles on the ol' LeSabre this weekend! I had a real fun time, good to catch up with you guys.

On the parkway following Dave's Caddy
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010183

The cars... we just needed a B-body Pontiac and we would have had one of every brand!
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010186

Heading out for lunch...
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010190

This beautiful LaSalle showed up at the drive-in...
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010191

A full compliment of B's... Three successive generations represented!
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010192
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010194

Justin and myself about to go for a spin in my LeSabre...
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010195

Comparing wagon generations...
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010196

Afterwards, Dave's Cadillac almost disappears in a dust cloud on the dirt road to Indigo's house... this is no place for a clean black Caddy!
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 P1010197
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Nice! Sorry I couldn't make it. I'll try for the next one and there's always the Roundup
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 am

You guys went to Cindy's? That is so close to me. Next time I hope that my car isn't up on stands and half torn apart.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 am

Now that you mention my caddy is leaning to the right, I can't un-see it!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Nice!  Sorry I couldn't make it.  I'll try for the next one and there's always the Roundup
's cool ked. We already talked about another one out here not to mention that roundup. I found and remembered a couple parks in town that dont suck and are free to get into that would work well.

Bull wrote:
You guys went to Cindy's?  That is so close to me.  Next time I hope that my car isn't up on stands and half torn apart.
Yup. Cruised from the state park to Cindys on the back roads thru Granby and Ludlow. We'll get ya next time! Arrow 

95brmw wrote:
Now that you mention my caddy is leaning to the right, I can't un-see it!
Then stop parking on a slant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Looks like Dave has a blown taillights there, lol.

Lynol, that LeSabre looks great compared to the pics I've seen before. I have to say it must be a lot of fun just to drive around in that car, it's not all that rough really. I want something of that vintage that I can enjoy and not worry about someone opening their door into. Although if it got backed into, I'm sure you or I would flip the F out. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Looks like Dave has a blown taillights there, lol.

Lynol, that LeSabre looks great compared to the pics I've seen before. I have to say it must be a lot of fun just to drive around in that car, it's not all that rough really. I want something of that vintage that I can enjoy and not worry about someone opening their door into. Although if it got backed into, I'm sure you or I would flip the F out.  Laughing 
I noticed that too, how the hell did two bulbs go out? Surprised 

And as far the look of Lynol's car, this is what happened the day before (sorry, only got 2 pics)

"Prep work"
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 IMG_20130824_123116_270_zps79435593

These plus Rustoleum Razz 

The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 IMG_20130824_123207_310_zps8688a88f
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 pm

You've gotta be kidding me, those nappy rollers did that? It came out great. I just did the worst paint job of my life in 3 minutes with flat black spray on the roof of the vinyl-topendectomied old Chrysler at my house, I thought it was looking okay until I saw that. LOL
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
You've gotta be kidding me, those nappy rollers did that?  It came out great.  I just did the worst paint job of my life in 3 minutes with flat black spray on the roof of the vinyl-topendectomied old Chrysler at my house, I thought it was looking okay until I saw that. LOL
No joke Matt, has to be one of the most half-assed paint jobs I ever took part in. It really does help the appearance of the car though
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 am

We'll have to get Lynol to do a "how to".
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 am

The paint on Lynols Buick looked great all cars looked nice had a lot of fun was such a beautiful day
Back to top Go down
lynol

lynol

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am

Haha, yeah I roller painted it with 1/2" nap rollers and Rustoleum satin black oil based paint. The idea was to use a roller that would not leave a smooth texture so as not to accentuate the rough, uneven surface of the old paint. No I'm not proud of doing that, but the car looked so godawful before that doing this made a huge improvement. Just wanted it to be marginally presentable. My original intentions were to do this car right and fix it up and paint it legit, but recently I lost the storage space I had and the guy ran off leaving me out 13 months rent. So I have to sell it now since I don't have the budget to re-pay for winter storage.

Oh and Dave don't worry, in that pic your left turn signal was on, I caught it between flashes.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 pm

lynol wrote:
Haha, yeah I roller painted it with 1/2" nap rollers and Rustoleum satin black oil based paint. The idea was to use a roller that would not leave a smooth texture so as not to accentuate the rough, uneven surface of the old paint. No I'm not proud of doing that, but the car looked so godawful before that doing this made a huge improvement. Just wanted it to be marginally presentable. My original intentions were to do this car right and fix it up and paint it legit, but recently I lost the storage space I had and the guy ran off leaving me out 13 months rent. So I have to sell it now since I don't have the budget to re-pay for winter storage.

Oh and Dave don't worry, in that pic your left turn signal was on, I caught it between flashes.
Both of us got burned by that guy Mad 

Thanks for the reassurance, I thought my fiber optics started lying to me Razz 
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I thought that looked like satin black, but figured it was just old faded blue or green paint and bad lighting. Wink

Too cool!

Now I want it. Razz

Don't you sell it without letting me know first! Seriously.

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:55 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

It's a wicked cool car, lots of potential. Little rough on the edges but a nice easy fix i'd say. Plus, it rides like a bag full of fluffernutter with pillows made of tires. Laughing
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

It's a wicked cool car, lots of potential. Little rough on the edges but a nice easy fix i'd say. Plus, it rides like a bag full of fluffernutter with pillows made of tires. Laughing
I almost bought a Buick Centurion because of his car, I like being able to drop the roof on my Sebring, but everything else about the car is just meh. Nothing rides like that yacht.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I still want it.

Especially if it'll cruise at 75 with the top down and get better than 14mpg. (Which is WAAY better than my two daily driven pieces of shit will do) Wink

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Hearing this makes me hate how the '74 Impala rides, and it has essentially the same chassis and suspension as that car. Mine rides like a WW2 army jeep because I put cargo coils in the back and Bilsteins. I think I need to put stock springs and a sway bar back there. It does handle nice though, no nausea-inducing Queen Mary tendencies. It's almost as good as the SS. I just don't want to have to wear one of those kidney belts that monster truck drivers have. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2