BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard

Go down 
+4
mp775
1984twodoor
MASShole9C1
bangshiftbrian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bangshiftbrian

Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard Empty
PostSubject: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 pm

I was at the 'yard today and stuck my face under the hoods of two Olds Cutlass G-bodies and they were both sporting the quick ratio "adjustable" steering boxes. If you need one, snag one of these units. Both cars are at Everett's Junkyard on the Brockton/Bridgewater line.

Brian
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 pm

As much as I love to hoard parts, I don't need another greasy mess in a box tucked away in the dark.

Any b body inventory to report? I haven't been there since 2010.

If so, I'm gonna head there tm.
Back to top Go down
bangshiftbrian

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Nothing in the b-body realm.

Brockton Auto Parts had a really nice box style b-body on top of a van and it was heading to the crusher. Super clean car with what appeared to be leather (or whatever the simulated version of it was called) interior. BAP used to be the best yard on that street but now the place is a disaster with no organization cars stacked on one another, etc.

The price of scrap is down (BAP only paying 185 per car) so they are holding lots more inventory than they did when it was $250-300 a car. That is cool at Everett's because they are organized. It makes BAP a nightmare and (not to sound like your grandmother) a damned dangerous place because they'll plunk a 4500lb + truck on top of an SUV, etc. Those jerks also wanted $1,000 for a BBC short block. Fail.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Super fail. At least there was a box sighting. My favorite yard is Henry's in blackstone. Super polite, super cheap, and they almost always have 91-96 B/D bodies. Except recently as of 2 weeks ago, 4 went missing Sad leaving 2 or 3 rather picked over subjects.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 pm

bangshiftbrian wrote:
I was at the 'yard today and stuck my face under the hoods of two Olds Cutlass G-bodies and they were both sporting the quick ratio "adjustable" steering boxes. If you need one, snag one of these units. Both cars are at Everett's Junkyard on the Brockton/Bridgewater line.

Brian

Huh? I've never heard of this as an upgrade. Do you have any details on why it's so good Brian? (either one I guess Razz ) I'm assuming it's because of the quick ratio, but what's this with the "adjustable"? I've never heard of that before. Do they cross into B-Body's with no hassle? Now you've got my mind going!
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Any b body inventory to report?

Not quite a B, but Everett's had a '93 Fleetwood on Sunday. BAP had a '92 Caprice and '94 RMW; Regal had a '92 RMW.

Last edited by mp775 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 am

bangshiftbrian wrote:
Brockton Auto Parts had a really nice box style b-body on top of a van and it was heading to the crusher.

Was that the white one with a blue top? It looked like a light breeze could bring it down; the attendant even mentioned that it looked like the whole pile could come down on you. I was there looking for Crown Vic/Grand Marquis parts, and the only one there was at the bottom of the same pile.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 am

Scrap IS down, my friend junked an old rusty Suburban with some metal dumped in the back and got like 200-250ish bucks for it. I think that would've been 500 bucks not too long ago, lol.
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Dont worry, scrap will go back up after the election, along with the gas prices. confused
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm

8bud wrote:
Dont worry, scrap will go back up after the election, along with the gas prices. confused

Yup, that and everything else! It all goes up but my pay never does Mad
Back to top Go down
bangshiftbrian

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
bangshiftbrian wrote:

Brian

Huh? I've never heard of this as an upgrade. Do you have any details on why it's so good Brian? (either one I guess Razz ) I'm assuming it's because of the quick ratio, but what's this with the "adjustable"? I've never heard of that before. Do they cross into B-Body's with no hassle? Now you've got my mind going!

These are the 12.7:1 ratio boxes that 9C1s were equipped with and maybe other models with a sport suspension or something along those lines. The "adjustment" part of the equation comes into play if you have a numb spot in your steering that isn't a bad rag joint or other part. You can adjust the tension on the sector shaft of the steering box with just a box end wrench and allen wrench.

Mainly the 12.7:1 - 2.5 lock to lock ratio is the upgrade part.

Brian
Back to top Go down
bangshiftbrian

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 pm

mp775 wrote:
bangshiftbrian wrote:
Brockton Auto Parts had a really nice box style b-body on top of a van and it was heading to the crusher.

Was that the white one with a blue top? It looked like a light breeze could bring it down; the attendant even mentioned that it looked like the whole pile could come down on you. I was there looking for Crown Vic/Grand Marquis parts, and the only one there was at the bottom of the same pile.

Yeah, that is the one! Sad what that place has become. When I was in high school in the late 1990s BAP was the place to go because they had menu pricing so cylinder heads were x amount a piece whether it was a honda or a big block. Same for other parts. I am pretty sure the heads were like 25-30 a piece. My friend Brian and I found two Firebirds in there with aluminum headed LT1 engines. We wrestled the heads off and then went home, cleaned them, but an ad in the old school "Want Ads" and made like triple our money back.

Now the place is a total disaster area that is depressing when compared to the organization and order at Everett's.

Brian
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 am

bangshiftbrian wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
bangshiftbrian wrote:

Brian

These are the 12.7:1 ratio boxes that 9C1s were equipped with and maybe other models with a sport suspension or something along those lines. The "adjustment" part of the equation comes into play if you have a numb spot in your steering that isn't a bad rag joint or other part. You can adjust the tension on the sector shaft of the steering box with just a box end wrench and allen wrench.

Mainly the 12.7:1 - 2.5 lock to lock ratio is the upgrade part.

Brian

Might be worth looking into then, I have to make a trip down there anyway. Could be a worthy candidate for a box rebuild and installation in my caprice. Thanks for the info man!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 am

Matt, Lmk when you head down here. I can meet you, give you your grill, and maybe hit foghertys where that gray box is I took pics of.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 am

I see more 9C1 clones in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Matt, Lmk when you head down here. I can meet you, give you your grill, and maybe hit foghertys where that gray box is I took pics of.

Alrighty I will! Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard   Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple of quick ratio steering boxes at Everett's Junkyard
Page 1 of 1