BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!

Go down 
+7
impss
waynes91
Deputy347K9
BoSStonsSS
toomanytoyz
Fishah
SWT SS
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SWT SS

SWT SS

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Let's start with some pictures

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood001Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood002Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood003Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood004Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood005Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood006Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatWood007Medium

Well, this is what happens when you get 2 guys together and a little too much time. It’s getting close to putting some fresh paint on her. BTW it’s a 96 Roadmaster Limited. I use her to trailer the SS around and now it’s time to give some of the love back. So last night Jay and I stripped her and she liked it. The body in great condition and it’s looking like the project is going to be smooth but we all know how that goes. Not quit sure what theme of a paint job I’m going to go with but input is always welcome. So far the parts I have are SS bumper w/Stillen lip, bumper support and SS grill for starters. I have already (with help) swapped to Bonnies and need to finish the Blazer console with shifter. Has the Addco sway bar and helper bags in the springs. Running on 18in Boyd Codington Magnetos also on the look out for a pair of 20’s. So what do you guys think??

Let the modding begin!!!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Chris that car looks awesome!

I love those wheels.

Can't wait to see what it looks like after paint...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:52 pm

I call dibs on the Magnetos!!!! Very Happy

Looks great, Chris!

And I can't see how there is any option other than Black on top and silver on the bottom... Rig should match the trailer queen. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:46 pm

I say u go with the two tone, it can be the impalas twin fat sister
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Removing the moldings really changed the ole girl, looks great though! Will the projects ever end?

Larry
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 19, 2009 11:04 pm

looks good now your comitted
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:46 am

White93ltz wrote:
Chris that car looks awesome!

I love those wheels.

Can't wait to see what it looks like after paint...

Thanks Bill and BTW: you have a PM on the SS forum.

toomanytoyz wrote:
I call dibs on the Magnetos!!!! Very Happy

Looks great, Chris!

And I can't see how there is any option other than Black on top and silver on the bottom... Rig should match the trailer queen. Smile

Thanks Bill and sorry but I waited 1.5 years for those BC's couldn't get them in our bolt pattern. Finally found them on e-bay. and WHAT... "TRAILER QUEEN!!!" Come on you've seen me drive the SS, and hard I might add...LOL

Deputy347K9 wrote:
Removing the moldings really changed the ole girl, looks great though! Will the projects ever end?

Larry

Nope, the projects keep on coming and BTW: did I tell you that Jay and I were coming up this weekend? I'll be up on Sat.... O' and did I tell you that we "you and I" have something special to do???

waynes91 wrote:
looks good now your committed

Ya I've heard that before but normally it's "I should be committed"....LOL

thanks again guys for your kind words

Chris
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Friday 5/22 update   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:34 am

Again lets start with pictures

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon001

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon002
New (to me anyway) 3.23's and Posi
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon003
Painted too
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon004

How about some new drums??
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon005

That's right 8 holes in one and 4 in the other...lol the 5th is still covered with tape.

New rear going in on Saturday.

Chris
Back to top Go down
impss

impss

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:45 pm

How about twotone

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Twotone
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Two Tone   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:42 am

Yes I think I'm going with some sort of Two tone just don't know the color scheme yet.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:49 am

SWT SS wrote:
Yes I think I'm going with some sort of Two tone just don't know the color scheme yet.

Chris
How about leaving the gold upper, and just painting from the body line down black, or a dark bronze or even root beer brown. All would look great.
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: I was think almost the same thing   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:18 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
SWT SS wrote:

Chris
How about leaving the gold upper, and just painting from the body line down black, or a dark bronze or even root beer brown. All would look great.

But maybe a lttie different like the bottom gold and the top SS cherry. I the car has a hint of cherry in the gold as it is now. But that's a good idea... any one else

Last edited by SWT SS on Wed May 27, 2009 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Since I have the time   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:41 am

let's put a posi in

Start wth the pics
The new
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap001Medium

The old
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap002Medium

The brakes looking good
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap003Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap005Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap006Medium

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap007Medium

In with the new
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WagonRearEndSwap009Medium

Now here's what and how it was done.

I didn't remove any of the brake hardware. I found it easier to remove the back plates and axels. I look at it like its less work in removing the axels than it is to reassemble the brakes plus the new rear-end already had the axels out. So you just need to hang the brake hardware and be done with it nothing to bleed and what happens if you break a line??? Now you've got more issues. So I pulled the axels, hung the hardware, unclipped all the brake lines from the axel housing, unbolted the bottom shock mounts - unbolt the drive shaft (Place jack stand under DS for support) - unbolted the lower control arms - place jack under diff for support while you unbolt the upper control arms - unbolted the brake bracket from the top of the diff and unbotl the ABS sensor in the dif. Now just slowly and with another guy for eyes lower the dif and remove. That sounded easy huh? Well it is as long as nothing breaks and in my project I lucked out no frozen bolts everything came apart with out a lot of hassle. Now reverse this process and don't for get to put anti-seize on every bolt you place back in. Remember DO NOT PUT THE AXELS IN BEFORE It’s HUNG!!! Don't ask me how I know this...

Again I thanks both Jay and Larry for all there help.
Chris

BTW: Little hint… I found that if I spray a little lube on the control arm bushings before re-installing them it was much easier to move into the hangers.

Last edited by SWT SS on Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: 1 more thing   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 26, 2009 9:44 am

What do I do with this now hummmm maybe another mod for the SS??

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! WhatToDoMedium

Notice anything different?? hummmmmm

Very Happy

Chris
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:15 am

Dude your axle tubes fell off. You should probably get that fixed Laughing

And I'd say keep the gold on top and run a darker color on bottom such as the rootbeer idea posted earlier.
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

I know for fact the wagon is now out of the paint shop! I went to the body shop before it returned home and it sure does look SWEET! Can't wait to see the pictures with the wheels back on! Of course all of us have been insde this week due to the rain, EVERY DAY, while Chris sets in Florida on business? A little birdy told me that he is there on official business, taking pictures of all the new style bathing suits or lack there of.
LET"S SEE SOME PICTURES OF THAT WAGON!
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: As Requested   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:09 am

Let's start at the beginning

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint008Small

This is Jeff the Painter and body man. Jay and I went up there on 5/31 and talked about the theme so here we go
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint015Small

As you can tell the wood hid lots of body issues.
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint028Small

With all those issues completed it went to primer and blocked.
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint038Small

Gold on and Graphics
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint053Small

Now the Green / Blue is on. I used all GM colors to keep it simple for the O'S---'s
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint053Small

Here it is in it's final stages. Jeff told me he had many people coming by just to take a look. Something to be proud of Jeff. Thank you!!!
Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Wagon09Paint073Small

Done, and time to start putting the wheels and the interior back in.
https://2img.net/h/i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/SWTSS/Wagon%20pics%2009/Paint%20in%2009/FinishedPaint09001Small.jpg

I have more pictures on Photo bucket so enjoy.

I do have to say that, I will be doing more business with Jeff. He knows what's needed to be done and with out a doubt has the skill.

It took 18 days in Maine for him to complete he portion. Go ahead and talk to any other painters and you know it's a month minimum.

Thanks again to Jeff for all his skill and talent and to Jay for his input and eye.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 am

WOW! The front bumper and wheels makes a difference of night and day! Chris, she looks great.

Larry
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: things to do when you have nothing to do ----- PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 am

omg. what a difference. that is excellent. looks great. hopefuly some day ill see it in person. body man gets a gold star.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Well that definately is an original paint job! looks like he did great work! And a nice, quick turn-around, too! Smile

What is the blue? GM Indigo or maybe Dark Sapphire Metallic?? I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
impss

impss

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Very NICE, I would have never thought that those two colors would look so good together. I agree the bumper and wheels bring it all together.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Maybe it's just me but that color combo reminds me of Navy football.

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! The-navy-football-team-tackles-notre-dam-pic
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 pm

So nasty! Twisted Evil No doubt on da rims!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Once again Chris you put colors together to make one badass car. cheers
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 pm

man that turned out lookin great, wow
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Thank you Gentlemen   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:59 am

For all your kind words. The colors came from a swatch book that Jeff had. We went through it and decided that these were the colors to go with. The top is a green /blue it changes with sunlight, the strip it pearl of course we know what that's going to do and the bottom is a gold that leans towards the silver side. Again all GM stock colors. As far as the design goes I've always liked this style. So I found one in a book and we made a revision of it for the wagon. I'm going to be going to PA for the Nationals this Friday and the car is entered in the show as well as the SS. So we'll see how it goes. I didn't intend it to be a show car but neither did I with the SS.

When I come back from PA I leave again with both cars to CT Mohegan Sun Show so I've got some traveling to do...

Again thanks for your kind words.
Chris
Taken a couple of mins ago in the rain of course...When will it stop???

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! RedBowTieSmall
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Mohegan Car show   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey Chris When is the car show at mohegan?
I see one listed for wed nites .Is there one big one ?
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:48 pm

mohegan is like 15-20 min away from me, problem there u need to get there early early for a spot, even so close i have never gone , well nows a good time , ill see what i can dig up, some of the guys from our work car club goes there
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Mohegan   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am

It on the 4th and 5th of July we are going to be on top of one of the parking lot roof.
Go here

CT Show

Chris
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:02 pm

didnt know about that one, theres normally one like every wednsday on the river view parking garage so im told weather permitting only for like 100 cars they only allow cars that are 25 yrs old or older and specialty cars etc ..so who would be coming down this way
Back to top Go down
SWT SS

SWT SS

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:52 pm

I wont be down for there cruise but for the 4th show. I'm going to trailer the SS down.

Chris
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 pm

maybe we can meet somewhere down there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!   Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to do when you have nothing to do.......... PAINT MAYBE!!!!
Page 1 of 1